RVK Loves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You all know sheā€™s pretending not to read this but inwardly will be seething right???Caught out on so many things. Sheā€™s FAKE ,and is pretending to be a good person. Sheā€™s most definitely bleeping NOT. šŸ¤£šŸ¤® Somebodyā€™s halo has slipped methinks....šŸ„“

I find in truly unbelievable that she has come on here and said the only one of her tweets she could considers shocking was the Adele one?!

So using your online space to publicly body shame new mums bodies, mocking the way women look in the airport, bragging and belittling a woman because you assume your husband earns far more than hers, mocking phone calls from Asian people, saying babies ruin your life, criticism over babies looking too gender neutral for your liking and publicly bad mouthing your own cousin and boyfriend for having tattoos... you still consider them to be ok??

And they were not posted that long ago. Many of these tweets were posted whilst cashing in on her blog and Instagram, painting a whimsical picture of herself as the humble house wife to push product placement.

You were old enough to be on your second home, be married and be making a profit from flashing freebies around on your Instagram but not old enough to be held accountable for saying such degrading and damaging things online.

You can't play the 'people take Instagram too seriously' card when you heavily profit from it. It is a business; advertising disguised as just a humble Instagram account.

Maybe people feel particularly riled that you make a significant profit from dirty advertising that is based entirely on making people feel like they are less significant unless the have all the things that you were sent for free and often haven't disclose. And whenever anyone has tried to call you out on it or simply question it, you delete their comments forcing them to a place like Tattle.

I wouldn't consider that the same as...

'Lady.. my husband earns more in one year than your husband probably has in the past ten from the sounds of it'

'Eugh the thought of being pregnant (in the future) is even less appealing after seeing the 'bodies after bump' photos.'

'Lol at flying from Stansted, spot the fake tan #essexcountry'

'What is it with children looking so gender neutral these days? That's twice this month I've called a girl a boy at work...'

'Babies more or less ruin/change your life. Way too selfish for another 8 years at least.'

'My cousin and her boyfriend need to take a look at the article they're nightmares
Covered in tattoos & piercings, always in a hat,no social skills & would rather sit at home playing Xbox than get a job'

'Put my car on autotrader today and the strange Asians calls have started pouring. One saying 'innit' throughout'
I've never seen those tweets before. Shocking.

I've just realised there are quite a few Betty Crocker none-recipie-recipies on her blog...

Here is another
http://www.rosesandrolltops.co.uk/2015/02/slutty-brownies-cookie-dough-and-oreo.html?m=1

'You can make your own cookie dough and brownie mix from scratch but why bother when Betty Crocker can be your best friend?

You will need:
One box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
One box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix'

If that doesn't sound like an add, I don't know what does. But either way, I've never realised how little content there actually is on there!

As well as this and the Betty Crocker chocolate cake 'recipie', she also did a Betty Crocker lemon cake a few weeks later as a recipie; 2 x Betty Crocker lemon cake mixes and a jar of lemon curd.
Those have got to be undisclosed adverts... Why else would someone be lazy enough to pass those off as recipes?

Reactions: 2
I've just realised there are quite a few Betty Crocker none-recipie-recipies on her blog...

Here is another
http://www.rosesandrolltops.co.uk/2015/02/slutty-brownies-cookie-dough-and-oreo.html?m=1

'You can make your own cookie dough and brownie mix from scratch but why bother when Betty Crocker can be your best friend?

You will need:
One box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
One box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix'

If that doesn't sound like an add, I don't know what does. But either way, I've never realised how little content there actually is on there!

As well as this and the Betty Crocker chocolate cake 'recipie', she also did a Betty Crocker lemon cake a few weeks later as a recipie; 2 x Betty Crocker lemon cake mixes and a jar of lemon curd.
I think nearly all her ā€˜receipesā€™ have turned out to be packet mix. Thatā€™s fine- but just write it on the instagram post that itā€™s a packet mix rather than this whole charade- ā€˜receipe on the blogā€™- what receipe!!!

Reactions: 2
I thought the brownie packet mix was an urban myth when first mentioned on here. If you look at the hashtag rvklovestobake most of the cakes are packet mix. And a few meringue and white company ads chucked in for good measure. Itā€™s all fakery isnā€™t it?

Reactions: 4
I came across some of those tweets screenshotted on my phone earlier and even rereading them I was shaking my head. Itā€™s not like they were comments made in the ā€˜70s by someoneā€™s grandmother. Really awful. But I do think you canā€™t expect someone as hopeless at correctly (or just decently) declaring ads, etc. to be on top of managing their online presence. Itā€™s probably a lesson for all instakids actually, when theyā€™re old enough to know better than their parents do now, to check what their parents have been putting out there, in their name, for all those years

Reactions: 1
Influencer or Advertiser?
This is my biggest issue. Itā€™s advertising by stealth. None of us joined instagram to have ads thrown at us on every other post. The influencers may harp on about how it can take hours to get the perfect photo, but they fail to realise that without us they wouldnā€™t have a job (as they like to think of it). I have stopped following so many accounts that I used to love because I honestly detest declared ads, let alone RVK and othersā€™ dirty advertising. Sounds a tad extreme but I feel that these influencers use their followers purely for their own financial gain.

Reactions: 7
Exactly this. None of them seem like the title influencer but they like advertiser even less because they want to believe they are doing something for the greater good, hence the wanky ā€œcontent creatorā€. They are happy to reel in the punters but they donā€™t want to be associated with the dirty business of actually selling stuff.

Reactions: 6
This is my biggest issue. Itā€™s advertising by stealth. None of us joined instagram to have ads thrown at us on every other post. The influencers may harp on about how it can take hours to get the perfect photo, but they fail to realise that without us they wouldnā€™t have a job (as they like to think of it). I have stopped following so many accounts that I used to love because I honestly detest declared ads, let alone RVK and othersā€™ dirty advertising. Sounds a tad extreme but I feel that these influencers use their followers purely for their own financial gain.
I agree and to the ā€œit takes along time to take photoā€ thatā€™s their job in accepting these things.

Exactly this. None of them seem like the title influencer but they like advertiser even less because they want to believe they are doing something for the greater good, hence the wanky ā€œcontent creatorā€. They are happy to reel in the punters but they donā€™t want to be associated with the dirty business of actually selling stuff.
100%
Describing yourself as an influencer means it is literally your job to influence us into wanting the items you are being paid (in cash or freebies) to promote. Whether that's a holiday, clothes, cars, or even paint for a nursery.

I definately consider influencers to be dirty advertising because Instagram accounts like RVK are posed to appear like just the humble girl next doors personal account, when actually it's a profiting business pushing products at us every day in a way that many find damaging and sneaky.

You open a magazine and know you are looking at an advert. Many, many people simply do not realise that these accounts are profiting adverts but rather a wonderfully perfect life filled with all these items that you 'need' to spend your cash on to also achieve the perfect life.
'How come everyone has... and I work all day and I don't' - because they were all sent it for free so it's slipped into everyday life to make you feel like you're the one missing out.

It is so damaging and just isn't reality. And by RVK blaming the companies for this approach to almost subliminal advertising, she really isn't taking any responsibility. As without her pushing the products constantly and slipping them into her grid and pretending it's real life, companies wouldn't be able to advertise in this way.

And it seems like even more of a con when you discover her tweets. At the same time she was building her Instagram persona of a sweet homely girl next door to allow her to push products without people realising (the most successful advert is when you don't even know it was an advert), she was really tweeting such awful, vile things about people.
Suddenly it all seems like smoke and mirrors; all just a filtered, fake marketing ploy based on product placement and greed and disguised as real life.

If it was real life you wouldn't need to spend hours getting the perfect shot to make it look like real life šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Her surname is Sterling right??? Iā€™m taking bets that baby will be called Pound. Letā€™s hope she brings her child up to know the value of things. But she wonā€™t.

Reactions: 3
My Mum gets that Country Living magazine every month so, despite my own sanity, I had a read of the article. I don't know if I'm being over cynical but even the writer of the article seems to suggest RVK doesn't do much. There's a lot of mention of holidays and influencing but not much else. It can't be the way they write normally for that magazine because every other house tour I've read has families doing stuff and working and leading active lives.

Her surname is Sterling right??? Iā€™m taking bets that baby will be called Pound. Letā€™s hope she brings her child up to know the value of things. But she wonā€™t.
Ha! I don't know why but I had it pegged as a Delphine or Saffron type name. (Nothing wrong with either of these just to be clear)

ā€œTalking shutters on the blog today...ā€

That story should be marked as an ADVERT from the beginning Rebecca. It really isnā€™t that difficult.

Reactions: 7
I canā€™t believe some of those tweets!! šŸ¤¬Absolutely disgusting comments - and thatā€™s what sheā€™s shared on a public forum, imagine what gets said in private!!

Iā€™m really shocked by the tweets and how she only thinks the Adele one is bad. Bet she didnā€™t expect them to come and bite her on the bum years later

Iā€™m really shocked by the tweets and how she only thinks the Adele one is bad. Bet she didnā€™t expect them to come and bite her on the bum years later
I find it odd that she only finds the Adele one problematic. So she is ok with casual racism towards Asians then?

The amount of followers she has are not reflected in the likes and comments she receives on her posts. Sheā€™s only recently started replying to comments on her posts too! Before that sheā€™d only answer the first two or three and ignore the rest. Now sheā€™s at pains to write sickly sweet replies to everyone.
I donā€™t actually think sheā€™ll have a nanny. I think her Mum will do over and above so that RVK can ā€˜restā€™ when she needs it! She comes across as a very spoilt, over indulged princess who clicks her fingers and gets what she wants instantly! I actually think her husband looks like a genuinely nice guy. I bet he has to do exactly what he is told, when he is told!!! Probably why projects are done so quickly in that house!! Canā€™t keep her waiting!!! šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.