RVK Loves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RVK_Loves if you are still reading can I ask you a question that I’ve always wondered about?

You seem to promote Franca Manca Pizza a lot. When you’ve been asked for recommendations of London’s best places to eat you’ve suggested it. You often seem to eat in them on your UK based trips.

Do you have some sort of affiliation/relationship with them? Or do you just really rate them? Seems odd that you’d suggest a high street chain when being asked what is the best place to eat in London

Personally I think the biggest issue with your feed is that it's all SO perfect. Yes I've read what you've said about this above but have two thoughts...

1. Why don't you want to use it as a platform to advance certain views or causes? I would kill to have the voice you have to so so many people and the influence that could bring. Just one example I use as you are soon to have a daughter... I run a Rianbow unit (girlguiding) we have so many girls on the waiting list in the area I live that we could open 24 new units and fill them.... if we had the adult helpers and we cannot find any for love nor money. Why couldn't you use Instagram to advance a cause like that?? You could have such an impact rather than just posting about peonies and candles.

2. You have to realise that you influence people's emotions. It's not enough to say well if you don't like if then block me as I lot of people who will feel inadequate and poor looking at your feed also won't have the strength to say actually it's better for my health if I block this page. You have a duty to people as an advertiser so maybe some of your followers would appreciate some of the more gritty stuff you don't currently share.

Reactions: 8
But her husband, at just 19, in uni bought his own flat!!! And she doesn’t think this is out of the ordinary? She is so far removed from what real life actually is.
The blog said he bought his first student house with a deposit of 10% using his student loan and by the end of uni had 6 properties rented out. It cost approx £36k to buy the first property so the deposit would have been less than £4k. I knew people who did this at university but most of the people I knew had to use their student loan to pay for living expenses. That is what it was really there for, it was a maintenance loan so you could eat....

To use it to acquire a first property already puts you in a pretty privileged position. What a shame she can't see this.

Reactions: 6
Rebecca seriously... you’ve been shady af for years & now you’re being called out on it you’re having a tantrum?! It’s your business re your relationship, so why blog about it??? It’s public love!!!And it’s weird. It’s also weird that that particular piece on your blog has now gone.... there’s a name for men like your husband yknow...... Anyway, if this forum offends YOU, don’t read it! Touché!!

Reactions: 3
2. You have to realise that you influence people's emotions. It's not enough to say well if you don't like if then block me as I lot of people who will feel inadequate and poor looking at your feed also won't have the strength to say actually it's better for my health if I block this page. You have a duty to people as an advertiser so maybe some of your followers would appreciate some of the more gritty stuff you don't currently share.
This is totally how I feel. You’re not just sharing your life, you profit from what you do on Instagram and just like all other businesses you are in a privileged position and need to act responsibly. As the person said above, you’re an advertiser.

Today for example you post a string of affiliate links to your spring/summer clothes recommendations. WHY did you have to make them affiliate links? Why couldn’t you just share them as innocent recommendations? Do you really need the money that badly? You are also taking advantage of the fact that not everybody will fully understand affiliate links. Also, don’t hide the source on the screenshot so that people can find where they’re from without having to swipe up. You just come across as mean.

Final note: nobody knew that was a Jimmy Carr quote as you didn’t disclose the source 🙂

Reactions: 9
The funny thing is, Rebecca, says that if her Instagram makes us feel bad to not look at it. Again, she is detached from reality. None of us on here are saying it makes us feel bad.

We are discussing how RVK doesn't disclose ads/gifts etc properly, how mean she was on her Twitter, and how weird her husband must be to have fancied a 15-year-old when he was 26.

To me, her reply shows how delusional she is. These influencers could never be real celebrities. We see the tit that is posted online about real celebs and you can bet they are not running to the forums and replying to it. You can also guarantee, that although this forum bugs RVK, she will not share it on Instagram saying how "mean" it is because the old tweets, etc show her true colors.

It is also obvious she has been lurking here for weeks as her Twitter disappeared as soon as we mentioned it and she deleted stuff from blog posts.

Reactions: 5
Today for example you post a string of affiliate links to your spring/summer clothes recommendations. WHY did you have to make them affiliate links?
{the disclosure of the affiliate links doesn’t meet the ASA/CMA requirements either}

Reactions: 2
I’ve never been deceitful with declaring ads. I was featured on the ASA list over a year ago for 2 reasons, one was that I put a front story page saying ‘this contains affiliate links’ when it should have been labelled on each story. And the second was for writing ‘I’m proud to work with Not on the High Street’ on my blog instead and stating ‘this is a sponsored post’. Not because I was trying to pretend it wasn’t an ad. But this is such a new industry that even the ASA are trying to keep up with the changes and everyone is learning as we go. I welcome their guidance as the rules are often updating.
You’ve been deceitful right here!

On 16 May 2018, I received the following response from the ASA:

ASA complaint about Rebecca Kedgley

Thank you for contacting the Advertising Standards Authority with your complaint about Rebecca Kedgley’s advertising.

Based on the information you provided, we consider that Rebecca Kedgley not labelling her ads to be misleading. We think that the issue can be quickly resolved if Rebecca Kedgley is willing to make changes. Therefore, we have contacted her and asked her to clearly label her ads in the future.

I reported you because every few days you used to post a stream of either clothing or homewares with affiliate links on Instagram stories and you NEVER disclosed the affiliate marketing. On this particular occasion it was for something like fifteen sundresses with a rug thrown in for good measure, all with undisclosed affiliate links.

The income you received from affiliate links on your Instagram business account must have been enormous. I’ve noticed you no longer helpfully share streams of affiliated merchandise, just the odd poorly disclosed item (white disclosure on a white background anyone?) so you must be committed to your business account appearing as a personal account. This is just as deceitful, and quite frankly shoddy, as all the undisclosed advertising.

And stop with all the ‘new industry, very confusing rules’ nonsense. It’s boring. It took me three clicks to find the ASA rules online last year. The CMA rules you currently don’t adhere to are equally as easy to find and follow.

Reactions: 18
I think I mentioned it on here before there was a dedicated thread but at one point it was constant #aff in white text on a white background hidden behind the profile picture. How is that not being intentionally deceptive?

If it’s your business simply it’s your duty to understand your own regulations. If health and safety changes their regs it’s not feasible for people to just skip past them?

I understand your points Rebecca, my issue is your constant need for everything to be perfect. I honestly feel like once you have your kid you’ll understand just HOW damaging painting a perfectly adverised feed will seem to other mothers.

And for the record- nobody here is a bully, and I don’t think you can accuse people of that when you go so far to block ANY negative comment or question that doesnt fit your perfect grid.

Reactions: 4
If it’s your business simply it’s your duty to understand your own regulations. If health and safety changes their regs it’s not feasible for people to just skip past them?

I understand your points Rebecca, my issue is your constant need for everything to be perfect. I honestly feel like once you have your kid you’ll understand just HOW damaging painting a perfectly adverised feed will seem to other mothers.

And for the record- nobody here is a bully, and I don’t think you can accuse people of that when you go so far to block ANY negative comment or question that doesnt fit your perfect grid.

Agreed. And if she wants a perfect grid then she could have a second private account

Reactions: 1
I think I mentioned it on here before there was a dedicated thread but at one point it was constant #aff in white text on a white background hidden behind the profile picture. How is that not being intentionally deceptive?
That is the most deceptive you can get when it comes to declaring... as you know it is meant to be there but you do all you can to hide it. If you are lucky enough to earn money from Instagram, you should be proud of it, and honest about it. I don't know why influencers don't want to disclose... unless they don't want to include it in taxes, as now even gifted products count as "income" that has to be declared at tax time.

While it was brave of Rebecca to come on, blimey it was such a snarky post. Many a blogger has been called out on other forums like Mumsnet and handled it brilliantly - acknowledging they have made mistakes and saying they’ll take things on board.

Didn’t follow her logic at all. She tells us off for spreading lies but then mentions the tweets. That wasn’t a lie! And it’s no defence to say it was 7 years ago and everyone has put up daft stuff. Er no they don’t. She can post what she wants on Instagram but we are entitled to have our views. I do sometimes wonder if this new odd world of influencers didn’t exist what would she have done with her life after her degree? Why do a degree at all?

She has been majorly deceitful with declaring ads. So much stuff historically was clearly gifted and as others have mentioned even the Maldives tags were in tiny camouflage!

As for the ‘state school’ comment - Er people can go to state schools and be from extremely wealthy backgrounds. It’s not an either/or! If you’ve never had to work a ‘proper’ day in your life and have a hugely privileged lifestyle then that’s a fairly ‘silver spoon existence’ in my book.

Her relationship is her business. But why then write a post about how they met? And then pull it?

I’m not remotely unhappy or dissatisfied with my life thank you. I have no idea why writing on a forum at a weekend would suggest this. Most people work in the week so maybe just have more free time on weekends. Engagement with Instagram/social media takes different forms. Sometimes you like what you see and are inspired by it and sometimes it annoys you or makes you feel down. No one is bullying. It’s just opinions. Just like she has her opinions about posters on here.

I found the casual racism in your Twitter about the 'Asian calls' and 'innit' a bit more offensive, as well as the toxic snobbery. HTH.

Reactions: 11
I find in truly unbelievable that she has come on here and said the only one of her tweets she could considers shocking was the Adele one?!

So using your online space to publicly body shame new mums bodies, mocking the way women look in the airport, bragging and belittling a woman because you assume your husband earns far more than hers, mocking phone calls from Asian people, saying babies ruin your life, criticism over babies looking too gender neutral for your liking and publicly bad mouthing your own cousin and boyfriend for having tattoos... you still consider them to be ok??

And they were not posted that long ago. Many of these tweets were posted whilst cashing in on her blog and Instagram, painting a whimsical picture of herself as the humble house wife to push product placement.

You were old enough to be on your second home, be married and be making a profit from flashing freebies around on your Instagram but not old enough to be held accountable for saying such degrading and damaging things online.

You can't play the 'people take Instagram too seriously' card when you heavily profit from it. It is a business; advertising disguised as just a humble Instagram account.

Maybe people feel particularly riled that you make a significant profit from dirty advertising that is based entirely on making people feel like they are less significant unless the have all the things that you were sent for free and often haven't disclose. And whenever anyone has tried to call you out on it or simply question it, you delete their comments forcing them to a place like Tattle.

I wouldn't consider that the same as...

'Lady.. my husband earns more in one year than your husband probably has in the past ten from the sounds of it'

'Eugh the thought of being pregnant (in the future) is even less appealing after seeing the 'bodies after bump' photos.'

'Lol at flying from Stansted, spot the fake tan #essexcountry'

'What is it with children looking so gender neutral these days? That's twice this month I've called a girl a boy at work...'

'Babies more or less ruin/change your life. Way too selfish for another 8 years at least.'

'My cousin and her boyfriend need to take a look at the article they're nightmares
Covered in tattoos & piercings, always in a hat,no social skills & would rather sit at home playing Xbox than get a job'

'Put my car on autotrader today and the strange Asians calls have started pouring. One saying 'innit' throughout'

Reactions: 15
I find in truly unbelievable that she has come on here and said the only one of her tweets she could considers shocking was the Adele one?!

So using your online space to publicly body shame new mums bodies, mocking the way women look in the airport, bragging and belittling a woman because you assume your husband earns far more than hers, mocking phone calls from Asian people, saying babies ruin your life, criticism over babies looking too gender neutral for your liking and publicly bad mouthing your own cousin and boyfriend for having tattoos... you still consider them to be ok??

And they were not posted that long ago. Many of these tweets were posted whilst cashing in on her blog and Instagram, painting a whimsical picture of herself as the humble house wife to push product placement.

You were old enough to be on your second home, be married and be making a profit from flashing freebies around on your Instagram but not old enough to be held accountable for saying such degrading and damaging things online.

You can't play the 'people take Instagram too seriously' card when you heavily profit from it. It is a business; advertising disguised as just a humble Instagram account.

Maybe people feel particularly riled that you make a significant profit from dirty advertising that is based entirely on making people feel like they are less significant unless the have all the things that you were sent for free and often haven't disclose. And whenever anyone has tried to call you out on it or simply question it, you delete their comments forcing them to a place like Tattle.

I wouldn't consider that the same as...

'Lady.. my husband earns more in one year than your husband probably has in the past ten from the sounds of it'

'Eugh the thought of being pregnant (in the future) is even less appealing after seeing the 'bodies after bump' photos.'

'Lol at flying from Stansted, spot the fake tan #essexcountry'

'What is it with children looking so gender neutral these days? That's twice this month I've called a girl a boy at work...'

'Babies more or less ruin/change your life. Way too selfish for another 8 years at least.'

'My cousin and her boyfriend need to take a look at the article they're nightmares
Covered in tattoos & piercings, always in a hat,no social skills & would rather sit at home playing Xbox than get a job'

'Put my car on autotrader today and the strange Asians calls have started pouring. One saying 'innit' throughout'
Well said! 🙌🏻

May I suggest that if any you have evidence of RVK's non compliance of the advertising regulations that you all raise a complaint?The ASA website is easy to navigate and making a complaint takes a couple of minutes. If they receive enough valid complaints she might begin to realise that she cannot pull the wool over everyone's eyes forever?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.