RVK Loves #9 Who cares that the baby is freezing, so long as it's aesthetically pleasing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I blocked her ages ago as I can’t stand the little twerp (although *cough* I can’t stop hate-reading here) but I do have to say, in vague defence(!) I remember vividly the wildly possessive feelings of “MY BABY” with my first; it was all very lovely having family and friends coo over her, but then I’d suddenly feel inexplicably RIGHT OKAY GIVE HER BACK NOW PLEASE.

Reactions: 5
She’s shared a story this morning, she has allllll the messages in her inbox saying the same thing. The message she’s shared is from someone with a five WEEK old- of course they’re going to feel overwhelmed at a big gathering- she’ll be in the depths of getting to grips with sleepless nights and keeping a tiny human alive. I don’t think I could string 2 sentences together at that point.

But Freya is five MONTHS now, she really is the only woman to ever have had a baby isn’t she?!

I remember vividly the wildly possessive feelings of “MY BABY” with my first; it was all very lovely having family and friends coo over her, but then I’d suddenly feel inexplicably RIGHT OKAY GIVE HER BACK NOW PLEASE.
At 5 months though? I have a 6 month old and I’m definitely happy for family to take him out of my hands 😂
I remember in the early days I’d snatch my baby back at any sign of a whimper in case he was hungry again, but Freya should be in a more predictable routine now surely.. and we know she gets enough sleep to be able to hold a conversation because she likes to humble brag about it 🙄

Reactions: 4
I blocked her ages ago as I can’t stand the little twerp (although *cough* I can’t stop hate-reading here) but I do have to say, in vague defence(!) I remember vividly the wildly possessive feelings of “MY BABY” with my first; it was all very lovely having family and friends coo over her, but then I’d suddenly feel inexplicably RIGHT OKAY GIVE HER BACK NOW PLEASE.
I felt that way in the early days for sure. I remember my Mum offering to hold my 2 day old baby so I could eat and I felt like if I accepted the offer it meant I wasn't coping. I feared my over-bearing sister in law wouldn't give my 5 week old back if she cried and needed feeding. But not at 5 months though?!

Yes - she's 5 MONTHS old. You are not in that crazy new born stage any more.
You are a grown up woman, out to lunch with family and your daughter. Behave like an adult. Let your family enjoy the baby.
Shock horror they were probably drinking alcohol near to the precious frey bentos bear bee baby - god forbid she might inhale the fumes. Quick Ben - fire up the car, we must immediately escape for an insta-worthy mini break to recover. (i guess Ben's heavy work schedule is over??)

Reactions: 11
Just when I thought she couldn’t be any more of a nasty little brat she’s excelled herself with her story about her family. God forbid they would want to fuss over a baby(!) 🙄 If I was her mum reading that I’d be absolutely gutted. After all her parents do for her! You’re a vile witch Grabby

Reactions: 10
You are a grown up woman, out to lunch with family and your daughter. Behave like an adult. Let your family enjoy the baby.
Also she is very happy to have multiple friends over each weekend and go out for endless brunches. Seems it is just family she has the issue with.
Ben has a seriously cushy job!

Reactions: 7
Constant stalker & first time poster but could not resist signing up when I saw her stories this morning!!!
Bath Christmas markets will break her!!
it’s crowded, small, busy & very very overwhelming (coming from a mum of 2 who has managed to use public transport without a breakdown unlike Rebecca!)

Reactions: 7
Shock horror they were probably drinking alcohol near to the precious frey bentos bear bee baby - god forbid she might inhale the fumes. Quick Ben - fire up the car, we must immediately escape for an insta-worthy mini break to recover. (i guess Ben's heavy work schedule is over??)
She’s way too much of a control freak, it has to be her doing every feed, comfort, wind, etc. My SIL was a bit like that, she was such a martyr about it all.

Constant stalker & first time poster but could not resist signing up when I saw her stories this morning!!!
Bath Christmas markets will break her!!
it’s crowded, small, busy & very very overwhelming (coming from a mum of 2 who has managed to use public transport without a breakdown unlike Rebecca!)
Just seen on 'mummas' stories she's on the way to Bath this morning. mumma to the rescue half way across the country.

• Haha
  • Wow
I felt that way in the early days for sure. I remember my Mum offering to hold my 2 day old baby so I could eat and I felt like if I accepted the offer it meant I wasn't coping. I feared my over-bearing sister in law wouldn't give my 5 week old back if she cried and needed feeding. But not at 5 months though?!
True.

Some people seem never to move on from it. My sister thinks hers is the king of all the babies and he’s three now. 🙄

True.

Some people seem never to move on from it. My sister thinks hers is the king of all the babies and he’s three now. 🙄
As in three YEARS old.

Reactions: 1
I was having a nosy through her mums insta and I noticed that she referred to Grabby as “Bex” once ages ago in a comment- anyway it gave me a huge amount of pleasure because I can imagine high and mighty Rebecca hates being called Bex so much 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I used to feel the same. It’s such a bizarre feeling.
I used to hide myself away in my house for a week just to escape it not drive off to somerset for a break. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
But it didn’t come across like she was overwhelmed or didn’t want to share her baby, it sounded to me like she wanted adult conversation and not everything to be focused on the baby.

Reactions: 10
Just when I thought she couldn’t be any more of a nasty little brat she’s excelled herself with her story about her family. God forbid they would want to fuss over a baby(!) 🙄 If I was her mum reading that I’d be absolutely gutted. After all her parents do for her! You’re a vile witch Grabby
Dont forget this was her dads side of the family..isnt that the cousin with the tattos or something like that she talked about before in a derogatory way. Her mum probably hates them all too lol . Grabbys such a snob.

Her cousin looks far more fun than she is. I wonder if this is why we never hear anything about Ben’s mum... perhaps she wanted to hold the baby!

Oh crap, I live in Somerset. Please don’t let her be ‘escaping’ down here for too long.

Anyone else see Hunters & Heels tagging Grabbeca in her stories? DB526388-A109-4E0F-9037-D5155CEDAEEB.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Hard to believe how selfish that caption read about lunch with her family. She really needs to stop and check herself. She should try and imagine a time in the future where her extended family are not all together and these days are gone, she’s so ungrateful, she can’t appreciate what’s right under her nose. I would give my right arm to go back to having all my family around but as I’ve gotten older, things change, people pass on, you have to appreciate every moment with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.