RVK Loves #5 Grabby’s an expert, we have no clue, did you know she was gifted a bugaboo?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am in direct agreement with this based on something in RVKs birth story. In here she has a bit of bleeding and it’s seen as a good thing. In my normally progressing labour about 3 hours in I had a tablespoon on fresh blood, I presumed it was normal cervix stretching based on what I’d read, but the duty MW insisted that I needed full scale monitoring and induction (less than 6 hours after my waters broke). It led to a dreadful experience (lying on my back, 3 hour pushing stage) and one to this day that I question its medical efficacy. I wish I’d been more geared up to question why, what the evidence was etc. I actually think it was just poor midwifery.
I also had an induction after bleeding but my waters hadn’t broken. I was 2cm dilated and again ended up with an unpleasant labour. Maybe it depends when in labour you bleed but I also read that part and wondered why her experience was so different from mine.

Reactions: 3
Surely new thread title should involve that nappy?

Baby Bee arrived, everyone's happy. Cue lots of freebies and giant adult nappies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Actual domestic goddess there. No packet mix.
I like to bake but nothing fancy. The Great British Bakeoff is not something I aspire too. I make different sorts of banana breads, some with chocolate. Can slice and store in freezer. Good toasted. If you have a *glut* of spotty brown bananas, stick them in the freezer, wrapped, peeled or unpeeled and use later (after defrosting)for banana bread. Love food, hate waste...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Handy you’re a midwife isn’t it?
**just spoke to a friend of mine who is a midwifery sister and she disputes what you’ve said. She said that for a lot of women who choose to have a baby in hospital it means they feel safer thus encouraging labour and the hormones associated** ✌ it worked for me

New thread?

Grabby craves adoration she really doesn’t care. Even if it means posting pics of her arse in the air!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t know why but seeing so many personal details and pictures makes me feel very uncomfortable. I just can’t imagine walking around my village or when the baby goes to school etc everyone knowing my life inside out. Quiet possibly she has swapped her eating disorder for an addiction to social media, something I feel she seriously needs help with. When she talks about the neighbours across the road realising she was in labour it seems delusional to me that she thinks everyone is as invested in her story as she is, when really for the majority of us it means nothing. Rebecca please get some help I know if you were my daughter I would be incredibly worried about you. All those companies sending you freebies means nothing they do not care about you or your family it’s just cheap advertising for them.
She is absolutely mad. She has a serious problem. What an egomaniac she is, to be worried about seeing people in case they figure out you're in labour. But yet she shares the whole story on her blog.

W
View attachment 33656

Wouldn't let her mum anywhere near the house during labour but just wanted to share this picture of her arse in the air in an adult nappy with thousands of strangers. It's all so odd to me. She's a very strange girl.

I think she has some real issues. I can't tell if it's that's she's far too full of her own self importance that she feels it is her royal duty to share all of this with her thousands of fans because we just couldn't live without every tiny detail of her royal birth.
Or if she's totally lost her grip of reality and is totally consumed and addicted to sharing her fake online world that she doesn't know what normal is anymore.

After reading that I can honestly imagine her shouting at Ben to take notes for her blog post while she gave birth. And having a list of set labour shots that she needed him to get.
WHAT THE duck is this photo. Why is it online???????

I have only read Part 1 of the Greatest Birth Story of All Time and I think I need alcohol before I dive in for the thrilling denouement. It is appallingly written - full of grammatical errors, long meandering sentences that don't even make sense. No structure whatsoever. She would claim baby brain but all her blog posts are like this. I can't believe Ben, who is permanently around, doesn't proof-read and point these things out. In 6 months time she'll be off on her baby 'press trips' writing a load of drivel about their holidays - when no self respecting journalist would ever submit such poorly written copy to an editor (and expect to stay in their job).

But the worst aspect of the interminable birth blog, as others have mentioned, was the thinly veiled questioning of medical advice because as always Rebecca knows best. What it laid bare were all her various phobias about doctors and hospitals and her need to be in control. No expectant mum should rely on any of that advice at all. They are the ramblings of someone with serious issues. The part where Ben had to collect the food from her mum outside the house was horrible. Why on earth would she not see her - but yet she's happy enough for her mum to provide round the clock baby care and endless meals now the baby is here.

If she doesn't change or grow up, school mums will crucify her in a few years. I genuinely wonder what her NCT lot think of her. Today's latest gem is that today is the first day she has put her feet up in maternity leave so far!!! Except for the time she had her nails done and all the other times she has been round at Mumma's getting fed, going to the beach, having picnics. Meanwhile in the world of most new mums, it is a constant conveyer belt of feeding, burping, changing nappies, cleaning up vomit, washing and chores and a 10 minute shower would be the absolute highlight of your week. She is ALL that is wrong with social media.
No one is really a fan of hospitals but if something is wrong with me or I was in labour, I would want to be at the hospital where they can help and keep an eye on me.

" {Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac one of my favourites throughout pregnancy with Freya} and kind of singing in between sucking on the entinox but then shouting out to skip some."

I am cackling. Rebecca sounds like an absolute NIGHTMARE.

* "it was Vicky who really helped keep me calm - I think having a health professional guide you through it makes you feel really safe? "

Really? Who would have thought that a medical professional could be safe during labour? Yikes. She has major major problems that I think stem from her eating disorders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I like to bake but nothing fancy. The Great British Bakeoff is not something I aspire too. I make different sorts of banana breads, some with chocolate. Can slice and store in freezer. Good toasted. If you have a *glut* of spotty brown bananas, stick them in the freezer, wrapped, peeled or unpeeled and use later (after defrosting)for banana bread. Love food, hate waste...
banana bread is lush.

Joking aside I often make a lime and courgette cake which is actually a great recipe. It's moist, doesn't taste of courgette even when using up a glut.

**just spoke to a friend of mine who is a midwifery sister and she disputes what you’ve said. She said that for a lot of women who choose to have a baby in hospital it means they feel safer thus encouraging labour and the hormones associated** ✌ it worked for me

New thread?

Grabby craves adoration she really doesn’t care. Even if it means posting pics of her arse in the air!
I have a borderline obsessive phobia of hospitals but there is nowhere else I would have considered mine. The hospital environment made me feel safe. So three short and really positive labour's here and I'd say feeling safe worked for me. Its a very individual thing isn't it?

Reactions: 2
"The midwife said that I’d technically lost 500ml of blood and I *should* go into hospital to get checked but she was more than happy for me not to because she could tell it had stopped and I was looking well {and my blood pressure was ok etc}. I would have hated to have had to gone into hospital after doing it all at home. "

God. She is so against medical care it is insane.

Not going to lie, her birth story has made me feel nauseous. I find it too detailed. Haha.

Reactions: 4
RVK Loves # 6 Wearing a nappy and arse on full show, Rebecca Sterling has reached a new low

• Haha
Reactions: 19
{Labour story's out, Ben's been snap happy, take allllllll the pictures and don't forget my giant nappy!!}

• Haha
Reactions: 9
{Day trips and picnics, no time for showers, birth story's posted, courgettes and flowers?}

• Haha
banana bread is lush.

Joking aside I often make a lime and courgette cake which is actually a great recipe. It's moist, doesn't taste of courgette even when using up a glut.

I have a borderline obsessive phobia of hospitals but there is nowhere else I would have considered mine. The hospital environment made me feel safe. So three short and really positive labour's here and I'd say feeling safe worked for me. Its a very individual thing isn't it?
Yes absolutely. I calmed down when i was in hospital and the pain wasn’t as bad!

Birth story’s posted, there’s a glut of courgettes and flowers.

Grabby's courgettes have created a glut, look there's adult nappy on her butt

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 33779
Excuse me for being COMPLETELY naive, but um...if the midwife could feel the baby's head..Then how did they.. What
Feel baby’s head when she put her fingers through the cervix when she did the sweep. So not in the vagina & sex is possible. Not sure I needed to know that was what was said though. Like much of the rest of the birth story, factual but unnecessary to the reader (after all its not a book on giving birth)

Baby Bee has arrived and Mumma’s happy, Grabby’s got her arse in the air in a giant nappy!

The courgettes are all of a glut, now watch me bend over and check out my butt!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.