RVK Loves #5 Grabby’s an expert, we have no clue, did you know she was gifted a bugaboo?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't expect her house to look nice whilst giving birth (I'm not insane - mine was a tit hole for weeks after and im not sorry in the slightest).

But this is the first time that we've seen candid shots of her home (mainly because she couldn't control them and stage them) and other angles besides the same 5 on repeat - and my god it looks like an over cluttered mess, full of so much tit on every surface, shelf and door handle.

She needs to stop taking freebies and thin out the crap a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I wish someone would challenge her on the mixed messages she's sending. On the one hand, it's all day trips to Brighton, up at the allotment, friends round for lunch, cooking, catching up on emails, look at me with my perfect life that hasn't been changed at all by having a newborn baby. But on the other hand, she says she barely has time to shower or put her feet up. Which is it? How can you not see that if you try to cram your days full like you did before, you're not going to have time to do the basics. If that was a friend in real life that was complaining that she didn't have time to take a shower yet they'd been on a day trip out with a newborn, I'd be telling them to maybe focus on the basic self care first before jaunting off to the seaside for the day. It's madness.

I really think she's living a fantasist life for Instagram, everything she's doing is just for content, doesn't matter whether it's actually true or not. If she thinks it's what people want or maybe what she should be saying, she puts it out there. But she's so all over the place, she's actually contradicting herself.

Reactions: 10
I wish someone would challenge her on the mixed messages she's sending. On the one hand, it's all day trips to Brighton, up at the allotment, friends round for lunch, cooking, catching up on emails, look at me with my perfect life that hasn't been changed at all by having a newborn baby. But on the other hand, she says she barely has time to shower or put her feet up. Which is it? How can you not see that if you try to cram your days full like you did before, you're not going to have time to do the basics. If that was a friend in real life that was complaining that she didn't have time to take a shower yet they'd been on a day trip out with a newborn, I'd be telling them to maybe focus on the basic self care first before jaunting off to the seaside for the day. It's madness.

I really think she's living a fantasist life for Instagram, everything she's doing is just for content, doesn't matter whether it's actually true or not. If she thinks it's what people want or maybe what she should be saying, she puts it out there. But she's so all over the place, she's actually contradicting herself.
I said as much last night. She’s barking and constantly contracting herself

Reactions: 5
I wonder if she will look back and regret sharing this very intimate level of detail.

Whilst it is her own personal experience it leaves her wide open to criticisms.

She's clearly taken on board the less helpful mantras of hypnobirthing and believes the doctors are all intervention crazy instead of focused on securing healthy women and babies. Refusing induction in the face of potential placental failure, reduced movements and growth is madness. Affirmations can only take you so far. Also if labour stalled because of hospital staff and bright lights then that's premature birth solved right away.
I’m a midwife and totally disagree with everything you say. Please don’t question people’s ability to make their own decisions based on facts, evidence based research and national guidelines. Bright lights and hospital staff DO slow labour down. It is proven. Midwives and doctors do NOT know everything, I can promise you that. RVK winds me up, but I think it’s unfair to be so personal and harsh about her choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m a midwife and totally disagree with everything you say. Please don’t question people’s ability to make their own decisions based on facts, evidence based research and national guidelines. Bright lights and hospital staff DO slow labour down. It is proven. Midwives and doctors do NOT know everything, I can promise you that. RVK winds me up, but I think it’s unfair to be so personal and harsh about her choices.
Handy you’re a midwife isn’t it?

• Haha
I have only read Part 1 of the Greatest Birth Story of All Time and I think I need alcohol before I dive in for the thrilling denouement. It is appallingly written - full of grammatical errors, long meandering sentences that don't even make sense. No structure whatsoever. She would claim baby brain but all her blog posts are like this. I can't believe Ben, who is permanently around, doesn't proof-read and point these things out. In 6 months time she'll be off on her baby 'press trips' writing a load of drivel about their holidays - when no self respecting journalist would ever submit such poorly written copy to an editor (and expect to stay in their job).

But the worst aspect of the interminable birth blog, as others have mentioned, was the thinly veiled questioning of medical advice because as always Rebecca knows best. What it laid bare were all her various phobias about doctors and hospitals and her need to be in control. No expectant mum should rely on any of that advice at all. They are the ramblings of someone with serious issues. The part where Ben had to collect the food from her mum outside the house was horrible. Why on earth would she not see her - but yet she's happy enough for her mum to provide round the clock baby care and endless meals now the baby is here.

If she doesn't change or grow up, school mums will crucify her in a few years. I genuinely wonder what her NCT lot think of her. Today's latest gem is that today is the first day she has put her feet up in maternity leave so far!!! Except for the time she had her nails done and all the other times she has been round at Mumma's getting fed, going to the beach, having picnics. Meanwhile in the world of most new mums, it is a constant conveyer belt of feeding, burping, changing nappies, cleaning up vomit, washing and chores and a 10 minute shower would be the absolute highlight of your week. She is ALL that is wrong with social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lets face it the kid probably wont go to school. Her parents dont go to work so why would they send her to a school? I predict private tutor at home so that they can jet all over the world whenever suits! She doesn't trust medical professionals to deliver her baby so why would she trust a main stream school to educate her 😂
probably a Steiner school, like her idol, Courtney Adamo,

Reactions: 2
I have only read Part 1 of the Greatest Birth Story of All Time and I think I need alcohol before I dive in for the thrilling denouement. It is appallingly written - full of grammatical errors, long meandering sentences that don't even make sense. No structure whatsoever. She would claim baby brain but all her blog posts are like this. I can't believe Ben, who is permanently around, doesn't proof-read and point these things out. In 6 months time she'll be off on her baby 'press trips' writing a load of drivel about their holidays - when no self respecting journalist would ever submit such poorly written copy to an editor (and expect to stay in their job).

But the worst aspect of the interminable birth blog, as others have mentioned, was the thinly veiled questioning of medical advice because as always Rebecca knows best. What it laid bare were all her various phobias about doctors and hospitals and her need to be in control. No expectant mum should rely on any of that advice at all. They are the ramblings of someone with serious issues. The part where Ben had to collect the food from her mum outside the house was horrible. Why on earth would she not see her - but yet she's happy enough for her mum to provide round the clock baby care and endless meals now the baby is here.

If she doesn't change or grow up, school mums will crucify her in a few years. I genuinely wonder what her NCT lot think of her. Today's latest gem is that today is the first day she has put her feet up in maternity leave so far!!! Except for the time she had her nails done and all the other times she has been round at Mumma's getting fed, going to the beach, having picnics. Meanwhile in the world of most new mums, it is a constant conveyer belt of feeding, burping, changing nappies, cleaning up vomit, washing and chores and a 10 minute shower would be the absolute highlight of your week. She is ALL that is wrong with social media.
I feel like getting my red pen out! 🖊

I feel for her mum, I think RVK rules that house and will blow hot and cold as and when she feels...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
But @pinkrobot how can you question this tome of all birth knowledge?? 😂

The 🐑 are lapping it up...
BFCD6A9E-27AF-4E83-8BFA-EFFD24117DE0.jpeg

Reactions: 1
I am in direct agreement with this based on something in RVKs birth story. In here she has a bit of bleeding and it’s seen as a good thing. In my normally progressing labour about 3 hours in I had a tablespoon on fresh blood, I presumed it was normal cervix stretching based on what I’d read, but the duty MW insisted that I needed full scale monitoring and induction (less than 6 hours after my waters broke). It led to a dreadful experience (lying on my back, 3 hour pushing stage) and one to this day that I question its medical efficacy. I wish I’d been more geared up to question why, what the evidence was etc. I actually think it was just poor midwifery.

Reactions: 2
View attachment 33656

Wouldn't let her mum anywhere near the house during labour but just wanted to share this picture of her arse in the air in an adult nappy with thousands of strangers. It's all so odd to me. She's a very strange girl.

I think she has some real issues. I can't tell if it's that's she's far too full of her own self importance that she feels it is her royal duty to share all of this with her thousands of fans because we just couldn't live without every tiny detail of her royal birth.
Or if she's totally lost her grip of reality and is totally consumed and addicted to sharing her fake online world that she doesn't know what normal is anymore.

After reading that I can honestly imagine her shouting at Ben to take notes for her blog post while she gave birth. And having a list of set labour shots that she needed him to get.
Couldn’t agree more , I thought she was close to her mum obviously not .

Also wearing maternity / incontinence pads whilst going for a walk all day . When my waters broke it was a dribble and stopped not long afterwards

Her birth story is so poorly written it’s very odd

The sling picture on the grid. Once again not wearing correctly.... the main feature of the ergobaby is that you get some support through your hips but because it’s not positioned properly she’s taking all the weight through her shoulders and as a result the baby is sitting too low. Not a big deal now I guess but she’ll feel it more as the baby gets bigger and heavier.
The baby looked better in the sling.

Reactions: 4
Mumma doing the whole toasting with champagne in club class pic ... yep we get it, you're rich !
Urgh. You can tell people you are going to NYC but that is purely to show which class you are travelling. So tacky.

Or as a lawyer (what even was the point of that law degree?). Mind you her worst nightmare would be to get a real job of any description.
A law degree takes some doing. Getting into LSE even more so surely? So she must have some savvy. But where?

In other news, I made a spiced courgette quick bread and some muffins today with my glut of the green thingies.
B999C826-B010-4046-9239-2EF801700D67.jpeg
B999C826-B010-4046-9239-2EF801700D67.jpeg .

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.