Rvk Loves #42 You Got this Oil Change Mama

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To the soundtrack of the seven dwarfs song Hi ho hi hi it’s off to work we go

She Flog, flog, flog, flog, flog, flog, flog, flogs
The only whole day through

Now it’s more vitamins. This from the woman who keeps telling anyone who will listen that she’s too busy.

And don’t get me started on the poncy advent calendar full of plastic crap that’ll end up in landfill.

Reactions: 5
Why do the kiddos need 2 advent calendars? One full of junk and the other books?
Kids these days are so spoilt and will have no understanding of the value of anything if they continue to get given advent calendars with gifts, 1st December baskets, Xmas eve boxes🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 12
The advent calendars don't make sense to me. My children get the £1 Cadbury ones and love a little choc everyday. If I had to come up with 24 little toys for them I'd be totally out of Christmas present/stocking ideas! Such an expense too

Reactions: 18
Am I misremembering? Didn’t she get a gifted yoto player? Why is she saying she bought it? I seem to remember stories labelled (part of upcoming ad collab) when she first posted about it?

Reactions: 7
FFS. How OTT is she? 2 lots of advent stuff?! All that crap she’s bought for the bags. Disgusting

Reactions: 11
I’ve been looking up various affiliate programmes out of curiosity to try and understand how much influencers can make out of them.
Well if you believe what they all say, it's "a very small commission", or "pennies". Yeah right.

Reactions: 4
Everyday I have a little peep on IG to see what RVK has been up to today, just checking it is still as dull as duck. Never disappoints. No job, no talent, no opinions, not inspirational, so it leaves me asking everyday, what is the point of her posts (aside from the obvious pimping of her kids to make money)?

Everyday I have a little peep on IG to see what RVK has been up to today, just checking it is still as dull as duck. Never disappoints. No job, no talent, no opinions, not inspirational, so it leaves me asking everyday, what is the point of her posts (aside from the obvious pimping of her kids to make money)?
Yep that’s the point!

Well if you believe what they all say, it's "a very small commission", or "pennies". Yeah right.
Well, 5% seems small, but if it’s 5% of every item a customer purchases off Amazon for a month for example, then the pennies start adding up. Even if it’s not a full income, anything over zero is too much for some influencers.

Reactions: 10
Am I misremembering? Didn’t she get a gifted yoto player? Why is she saying she bought it? I seem to remember stories labelled (part of upcoming ad collab) when she first posted about it?
I thought this.. was she gifted the mini one? Can’t believe she’d have coughed up full price for one though 😂

This makes my blood boil. Erica Davies says it and she has a large, engaged following. It is absolutely NOT a small commission.

But even for Becky, who has a smaller disengaged following, it is lucrative commission for almost no effort.

Becks affiliate links the stove fan. It’s literally a quick photo with an affiliate link to embed a cookie on her follower’s device which tracks her commission.

4BAD5461-44D9-4E78-800F-5B66313EFF00.jpeg

The fan is £23.79. (I clicked the link because I don’t shop at Amazon!)

34C60AFA-F873-4F90-9F71-4BB91D0517F2.jpeg

Amazon pays up to 12% affiliate commission.

6D47648F-47E9-40C9-9827-37869C5F5B92.jpeg

But it looks like on homewares Amazon pays 7/8%. We’ll use 7%.

ACD6184F-601C-499F-975C-CB407E549A0B.jpeg

7% of £23.79 = £1.6653

Becky has 93500 followers. 0.5% of her followers is 467.5 people. If those people all purchase a fan…

467.5 x £1.6653 = £788.53

Becks makes £788.53 commission on a lazy photo posted on stories.

Some retailers will pay commission on every purchase you make. So Becky is counting on you doing some Christmas shopping at the same time you buy the fan - maybe an Xbox and TV for the kiddies £££££. Other retailers keep the cookie active for up to six weeks - so Becks would earn affiliate commission right up to the Boxing Day sales.

But my understanding is Amazon has really tightened up its affiliate program and the cookie window is only until the first purchase has been made or twenty four hours, whichever comes first.

Amazon is advertising the Ooni pizza maker on the same page as the fan. It’s £299. Here’s the figures with a more expensive item purchased by fewer followers:

7% of £299 = £20.93
0.25% of 93500 followers = 233.75 people
233.75 x £20.93 = £4892.39

Erica Davies frequently links expensive clothes and shoes, plus the commission on those items is 12%. Becky links expensive items like prams and carseats.

It’s not ‘pennies’, and even if they are paying tax on affiliate commission (and who knows with influencers), it’s still lucrative income for low effort.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
This makes my blood boil. Erica Davies says it and she has a large, engaged following. It is absolutely NOT a small commission.

But even for Becky, who has a smaller disengaged following, it is lucrative commission for almost no effort.

Becks affiliate links the stove fan. It’s literally a quick photo with an affiliate link to embed a cookie on her follower’s device which tracks her commission.

View attachment 1767341

View attachment 1767328

View attachment 1767334

View attachment 1767350

7% of £23.79 = £1.6653

Becky has 93500 followers. 0.5% of her followers is 467.5 people. If those people all purchase a fan…

Some retailers will pay commission on every purchase you make. So Becky is counting on you doing some Christmas shopping at the same time you buy the fan - maybe an Xbox and TV for the kiddies £££££. Other retailers keep the cookie active for up to six weeks - so Becks would earn affiliate commission right up to the Boxing Day sales.

But my understanding is Amazon has really tightened up its affiliate program and the cookie window is only until the first purchase has been made or twenty four hours, whichever comes first.

Amazon is advertising the Ooni pizza maker on the same page as the fan. It’s £299. Here’s the figures with a more expensive item purchased by fewer followers:

7% of £299 = £20.93

Erica Davies frequently links expensive clothes and shoes, plus the commission on those items is 12%. Becky links expensive items like prams and carseats.

It’s not ‘pennies’, and even if they are paying tax on affiliate commission (and who knows with influencers), it’s still lucrative income for low effort.
I also doubt that they’re paying much tax on it with some creative accounting.

• Angry

View attachment 1767341

View attachment 1767328

View attachment 1767334

View attachment 1767350

7% of £23.79 = £1.6653

7% of £299 = £20.93

Excellent analysis! Yes, definitely not pennies. And while Amazon has become a bit stricter, I think the other affiliate programme she uses is slightly more generous, especially with cookie windows. The White Company links for example should make up a nice amount.

Reactions: 6
And at least some of the Insta wankers will say where the item is from so that the consumer has the choice of whether to give them the commission or not. Grabby has NEVER done this. The only time she says where something is from is when they don’t have an aff program. So rare that she will do that though - waste of her time. The tiny size 4 font ‘ad affiliate’ though she manages.

Cannot believe how much she can earn from this snake like behaviour, yet still buys her daughter second/third hand boots which are so worn that the heel is worn down and there is a hole at the front of them.

• Heart
  • Angry
Meanwhile we are paying for overpriced items because they have to pay these irritating chuffers their commission. Just urgh.

And at least some of the Insta wankers will say where the item is from so that the consumer has the choice of whether to give them the commission or not. Grabby has NEVER done this. The only time she says where something is from is when they don’t have an aff program. So rare that she will do that though - waste of her time. The tiny size 4 font ‘ad affiliate’ though she manages.

Cannot believe how much she can earn from this snake like behaviour, yet still buys her daughter second/third hand boots which are so worn that the heel is worn down and there is a hole at the front of them.
Don't forget all their spare money this year is going on travel.

It's amazing how all the questions just happened to have the exact item available in an affiliated option wasn't it,? Quite a coincidence that...

Shes an unashamed clart.
I would never be so tight or would die of embarrassment being so tight. She wears it like a badge of pride.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.