RVK Loves #22 Grabbys got 990 problems 'for various reasons' (thats 10x more than you Jay Z)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given his age he was likely on the older student loan system. Have you always had to pay for fees in England? I am in Scotland so different.

However, back to point...its those with the most that no how to fiddle the system, I lived with a very well off flatmate whose parents took out the maximum loans allowed to do their own home improvements. The interest rate on the loans was so small they said it was almost free money
She then went to work in the family business so am guessing they fiddled it so it never looked like she earned enough to pay it back.

Reactions: 11
Poor Freya. No wonder she had cold hands today. Mama didn’t put any gloves on her. Again

Reactions: 4
I can't wait for the terrible two's, Grabs will be crying all day long Although of course because chicklet/baby b is 10x better than any other small child, they'll probably sail through that period...annoyingly

Reactions: 5
I was going to say the same. My 16 month old is a size 4 so I think 5.5 is pretty standard! Its an infant size not an adult size!
I think it’s more the fact that grabby seemed very vague about the size. I know it’s not an adult size. That would be ridiculous even by Grabbys standards. My eldest was in size 4 shoes at 10 months come to think of it. Soz Grabby, my first born was 10x better than yours at walking

Reactions: 8
He’s the same age as me, you could get up to ~3k a year not means tested. If Your parents earnt less than 40k you could apply for more.
if your parents were paying for your fees and accommodation -you were winning with the loan system as it Was a very cheap way to borrow money. You only pay it off once you earn over 15k, with his creative accounting I imagine he’s not paid a penny back. If you are paid by PAYE it’s just like a tax and mine was soon paid off.

At a 6th form open evening ( I went to a school in a very affluent area) it was openly recommend to take as much as you could get from the slc and use it to invest.
i had to use mine as intended, as the bank of mum and dad were not in the business of funding my property empire Not bitter at all

Our society... our governments and their various support programmes... I feel a rant coming on

Regardless of your values, it strikes me as rather stupid to brag on the internet about doing this for all to see for years to come. Right up there with posing in a nappy, mind you!

Reactions: 11
Exactly this. Not Illegal but hardly moral especially given how you can manipulate your earnings so it’s never paid back (handy having an accountancy firm in your family!) is be amazed if either of them ever paid back their loans

You only pay it off once you earn over 15k, with his creative accounting I imagine he’s not paid a penny back. If you are paid by PAYE it’s just like a tax and mine was soon paid off.
That’ll be why their ‘company’ only files net assets below £15k since 2018 then.....

Reactions: 12
He doesn’t come out if this well does he? Student loans, child brides?
Could an 18 year old student without a job get a buy to let mortgage 20 years ago? There were a lot of self certification mortgages around then. Perhaps his parents helped him.

Reactions: 7
But the magic secret money-tree funds their £1m house (extensively and constantly renovated since purchase), 15+ (well usually) holidays a year, 4x4 wheels, membership of Soho farmhouse etc.
It’s sadder than sad to chose your uni based on affordable property to do up and flog. Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s why they both went to uni (her as well) to hoover up the low interest loans and expand their property cartel. It’s not like their degrees were ever much use!

Reactions: 10
Thank you! Definitely another instatwat to be avoided then!

Reactions: 2
Could an 18 year old student without a job get a buy to let mortgage 20 years ago? There were a lot of self certification mortgages around then. Perhaps his parents helped him.
So theres a university town with profitable rental market but the houses are so cheap you can buy them with a student loan instead of a mortgage. A schoolboy realised this phenomenon and based his UCAS form on buying these cheap profitable assets, but no savvy adult professional property investors realised this (which would've driven up demand and therefore prices)?

It doesnt even make sense when you think about it.

Also companies house indicates they are doing ok but arent rolling in it. Surely with this "empire" theyd be doing better?

Regardless of your values, it strikes me as rather stupid to brag on the internet about doing this for all to see for years to come. Right up there with posing in a nappy, mind you!
...not quite as stupid as bragging on the internet about your fairytale romantic beginning, knowing full well you were 13 and he was an adult helper on a school trip.

Or bragging about your new house so much that you basically shared the address. And then bragging about all your holidays so the whole world knew when said house was empty and where all your valuables are.

In generally, she's not that smart and will brag about anything she can.

The nappy picture still kills me every time though

Reactions: 23
Her mum and dad are millionaires..no doubt they fund her lifestyle.

The government removed the tax incentives on buy to lets. You used to be able to claim the mortgage part but no longer. They also increased stamp duty on purchases of second or third etc properties, but that wouldn’t have affected his purchases twenty years ago.

Reactions: 3
She’s in the Daily Mail talking about her 5 grand “ultra glamorous” laundry room !!!

Stinks of privilege too, which Grabby will have zero awareness of. I don’t know what town he picked but to parachute in and buy up the cheap houses and sell them on for his own profit just drives up the house prices unnaturally, meaning actual residents of these places can’t afford to buy them and it ends up as a renting town full of landlords from wealthy places like Kings Langley

She’s in the Daily Mail talking about her 5 grand “ultra glamorous” laundry room !!!
heh heh, she’s wearing a dress and high heels to pose in her laundry room as well as sharing the article with other women. The comments are not complimentary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.