RVK Loves #2 Lady.. don't you know she's earned a second thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am the same with Joules and White Stuff, I couldn't face buying anything from either now.
View attachment 15653 also if you are on here, I love you for this. Apparently Grabecca (love that too whoever it was) is a "travel writer" now.
Are published travel writers still a thing? Travel bloggers certainly, I would love to know how influential these bloggers are. I remember a load of influencers were pushing The Pig in Bath for a while. I can imagine it gave their business quite a boost.

I think realisation of these dodgy practices has turned me into a bit of a contrarian. I've no desire to visit these places that RVK "writes" about 😂

I unfollowed her today as she is so boring. I used to love her interior posts but now all she does is post similar photos of her vacations.
I used to LOVE her interior content especially when they were still in their old house. Then I realised how much stuff she was gifted, understood IG had morphed into a digital "keeping up with the jonses" and unfollowed. Took me a while to deprogramme myself though, I actually bought stuff from the White Company before I realised!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Aaarrrrggghhhh she makes my bloody blood boil (try saying that when you’re pissed 😂). I unfollowed ages ago cos I was bored of the same old, same old shite and have been lurking a while on tattle but she needs to realise what a Pratt she comes across as 😡

Come on then - who’s brave enough (or has a random account that they don’t mind being blocked), to point out the great post above and that ‘press trip’ isn’t enough and that it should be labelled ad? Or shall we all bombard ASA about this ‘press trip’?

Reactions: 2
Come on then - who’s brave enough (or has a random account that they don’t mind being blocked), to point out the great post above and that ‘press trip’ isn’t enough and that it should be labelled ad? Or shall we all bombard ASA about this ‘press trip’?
The thing is though how do we know if the company have control of the piece she will write? If they have no control then that means she’s no going against the guidelines. How do we find out?

749DCC6D-0BFD-4664-A660-0CA9025B0CE2.jpeg
749DCC6D-0BFD-4664-A660-0CA9025B0CE2.jpeg
When you look at ASA guidelines the nursery post was an AD too under CMA

The thing is though how do we know if the company have control of the piece she will write? If they have no control then that means she’s no going against the guidelines. How do we find out?
They don’t need control forCMA should be advertisement feature. That’s the bit that’s getting missed.

By the quality of the writing maybe? 🤣 She’s shite

I thought exactly the same. It’s a very close family member’s funeral and she couldn’t even take the day off ‘work’. Wow.
Not when there is money involved 🤷🏻‍♀️

A very good friend of mine is a journalist and gets so furious when these people call a freebie a #presstrip .... it’s not press you are not press or a trained journalist
I was thinking the exact same. I would be so pissed off studying Journalism and the competitive world that encompasses.

What press? Independent? Guardian? Her beloved Times?
Nope her blog, the badly written blog.

I haven’t looked today, what have I missed??
Obligatory half hand heart photo??
One of the backs of them looking into sea?
Ben awkwardly touching the bump?
One hand holding ice cream?

And my favourite part of the #presstrips
Telling us about the Sainsbury’s order so it will arrive the day they get home. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
So if the hotel and activities have been gifted, that definitely counts as payment. And she's said that she's doing it in exchange for a blog post. That would highly suggest that there's an agreement in place and she is obligated to write that post. In which case, they have control. I also wouldn't be surprised if she's been told to use the specific hashtag in which case that's another element of control. The difference between what she's doing and what a travel writer or journalist is doing is that even if a journalist was given the accommodation and activities for free, they would never be obligated to write it up because that would be unethical. Even if they do take the free stays, it's up to them whether or not anything ever gets published and whether that's positive or not. But as soon as someone has to feature it as part of an agreement, that's a whole different relationship. That's why the #presstrip is so wrong.

It really does seem like she's now calling herself a travel writer to make it easier to accept free travel without having to declare it as AD or gifted.

Anyone who liked the post above written by Lauren (quite politely, I might add) has now been blocked by RVK. She is so childish and petulant. I’m not surprised she’s never had a ‘real’ job in the ‘real’ world!!! How would she take any sort of constructive criticism or feedback from her bosses? Hope baby RVK is perfect when they start school, as she won’t take any criticism from teachers or other parents either! Not sure how she’ll block them in the ‘real’ world though!!!! 🙄

View attachment 15704Anyone who liked the post above written by Lauren (quite politely, I might add) has now been blocked by RVK. She is so childish and petulant. I’m not surprised she’s never had a ‘real’ job in the ‘real’ world!!! How would she take any sort of constructive criticism or feedback from her bosses? Hope baby RVK is perfect when they start school, as she won’t take any criticism from teachers or other parents either! Not sure how she’ll block them in the ‘real’ world though!!!! 🙄
This is now I got blocked by Chavlotte Valentine 🤣🙌🏻 Liking a comment calling her out

Last edited:
  • Haha
She really is a spoilt little madam. And I’m laughing at the idea of her being a travel writer! No love

It really does seem like she's now calling herself a travel writer to make it easier to accept free travel without having to declare it as AD or gifted.
Reading ASA and CMA guidelines I don’t see that makes a difference. I may be wrong, but it’s still a freebie in return for a posting on her own website.

Last edited:
She's clearly blocking everyone who dares like comments calling her out. What a bell end. Can someone refer all her blocked people to this page?

• Haha
The way I see it is all this blocking crap screams guilt. If you’re being honest and can answer the questions put to you truthfully you have nothing to hide surely? Blocking won’t stop people from finding out about dishonesty as you can create another account or just google the persons insta name! (And look on tattle 🤣). I’m blocked and can see exactly what Rebecca up to so it’s all pointless and unprofessional

Reactions: 3
The way I see it is all this blocking crap screams guilt. If you’re being honest and can answer the questions put to you truthfully you have nothing to hide surely? Blocking won’t stop people from finding out about dishonesty as you can create another account or just google the persons insta name! (And look on tattle 🤣). I’m blocked and can see exactly what Rebecca up to so it’s all pointless and unprofessional
LOL. She has blocked me too. I didn't comment anything but "liked" a comment from someone saying it should be declared properly, then I proceeded to unfollow her. Luckily, I have an Instagram for my dog so I can snoop on there if I want. I don't see the point of blocking when you are public on instagram, as I can also just log out and view on the web browser.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.