RVK Loves #2 Lady.. don't you know she's earned a second thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This morning's grid post - 'we wanted our favourite chest of drawers in the baby's room' WTF? who on earth has this sort of mindset?! A baby's bedroom is literally the least used room in a house and will have literally zero appreciation of their parents giving them a nice chest of drawers for at least 30 years!
Who's life is so dull they have a favourite chest of drawers. She is going to urgently need a creative re set. Her brand appears to be fading fast. The new baby interest will be a very short bubble and then she will need to really freshen up her asthete

Reactions: 3
As she is so dishonest about declaring paid posts and freebies it makes you wonder what else she is dishonest about in her life 🤔
Guess the gifted items in today’s post. I thought that bedding was gifted from Elizabeth Scarlett. I stopped buying from them as they gift so much.

Last edited:
Who's life is so dull they have a favourite chest of drawers. She is going to urgently need a creative re set. Her brand appears to be fading fast. The new baby interest will be a very short bubble and then she will need to really freshen up her asthete
I know that the PR people for the vitamin company were pointed to the less than positive online information about her, and as someone else has said PR people talk shop together...... The bubble could be about to burst for brand RVK.

Reactions: 1
IMG_3299.PNG

Again?! That's her third holiday in the last month. How on earth is it considered a break when you're going almost every other week.🤦‍♂️

What on earth is she going to do in 4 years time when her kid is in school?

In the last 4 months she's been on holiday to Lisbon, Norfolk, Amsterdam, Maldives, Cotswolds, and about a month in California!

Not to mention countless soho farmhouse breaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Either no awareness of her carbon footprint or she just doesn't care. I'm not sure what's worse.

Rebecca you might not care but maybe spare a thought for the world your child and potential grandchild(ren) will have to live in.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Either no awareness of her carbon footprint or she just doesn't care. I'm not sure what's worse.

Rebecca you might not care but maybe spare a thought for the world your child and potential grandchild(ren) will have to live in.
Exactly!! She just doesn't care one bit. If everyone behaved as she does, half these places won't even be there for her kids to see!

Her trip list for the last year alone looks like this (and I've probably missed most of the 'weekend breaks' and reparative soho farm house stays)

Lisbon
Norfolk
Amsterdam
Maldives
Cotswolds
Big California road trip
Cotswolds
Boston/New England road trip
Norfolk
Amsterdam again
Jamaica
Big Italy road trip
Babington House
Walberswick
The grove
Saint Martin De Re France
Cornwall
Mallorca
Sardinia
Florida road trip
Sri Lanka

In a freakin year alone! In the last few years she's covered the Maldives a lot, Mauritius several times, Bali, Tanzania, Singapore, Barbados, Seychelles, the Bahamas, all over Australia, Hawaii, the list goes on and on and on.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It's disgusting. I'd love to visit these places but my husband and I have committed to trying to live more sustainably. We're running out of time and I must admit that I feel hopeless about the situation when I see the like of RVK and her OTT travel, driving a gas guzzler etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
People's attitudes are slowly starting to change toward completely over the top consumerism.

Massively excessive travel, filling her huge house with an obscene amount of clothes and things, more than anyone could ever need. It's all becoming a huge turn off, and rightly so.

It comes across as 'I can afford it so I'll do as I please'. Many other people can afford it too, but chose to make more considered and geeen choices. She just comes across as greedy and selfish. 🤢

And I still can't understand how someone so well travelled can be so bland and uncultured, and tweet such closed minded and casually racist things. It baffles me!

Reactions: 11
A very good friend of mine is a journalist and gets so furious when these people call a freebie a #presstrip .... it’s not press you are not press or a trained journalist

Reactions: 11
People's attitudes are slowly starting to change toward completely over the top consumerism.

Massively excessive travel, filling her huge house with an obscene amount of clothes and things, more than anyone could ever need. It's all becoming a huge turn off, and rightly so.

It comes across as 'I can afford it so I'll do as I please'. Many other people can afford it too, but chose to make more considered and geeen choices. She just comes across as greedy and selfish. 🤢

And I still can't understand how someone so well travelled can be so bland and uncultured, and tweet such closed minded and casually racist things. It baffles me!
She's well travelled, but in an incredibly insulated way. Yes, she's an expert on 5* hotels, but how much has she learnt about culture? Ice cream, bikes and tacky hand heart photos appear to be the limit of her knowledge.

Reactions: 8
Press trip?! 🙄 FREEBIE!

A very good friend of mine is a journalist and gets so furious when these people call a freebie a #presstrip .... it’s not press you are not press or a trained journalist
Exactly this!!!

Reactions: 2
Maybe that's what happens when you take a once in a life time trip every other month. It's almost as if she doesn't get the same thrill out of it. It's just another place so why soak in the culture when I can watch Netflix in my 5* room.

Surprisingly RVK, these places weren't put on earth the entertain the middle class white girl and to let her get the perfect straw hat insta shot.
They're actually people's homes, bursting with culture, and many endangered by climate change.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Lisbon
Norfolk
Amsterdam
Maldives
Cotswolds
Big California road trip
Cotswolds
Norfolk
Amsterdam again
Jamaica
Big Italy road trip
Babington House
Walberswick
The grove
Cornwall
Mallorca
Sardinia
Florida road trip
Sri Lanka
:oops: Her carbon footprint. That is disgusting.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
That list is breath-taking. The massive Cali holiday alone would swallow up most people’s entire holiday budget for a couple of years. And it infuriates me beyond belief that every time she calls them press trips. Lady, you don’t work for the press. It is [repeat after me] “AN AD”.

Reactions: 5
How can she say it is not a paid for/sponsored trip, when their accommodation and activities are being paid for? So transparent :rolleyes:

I wonder how much business she generates for these companies anyway?
Same old, same old legs wide apart in sunhat pictures and an ice cream held by badly applied nails doesn't really give you a proper feel for any resort.
I want culture, the quirky things no one else has noticed/has been also photographed dozens of times by people with some actual talent. (I took my first degree in photography and OK maybe I'm not the best either but her shots bother me on many levels)
Do you think she's one of those people you meet on holiday who only wanted to tell you where they have travelled? I bet she is.

Reactions: 4
Do you think she's one of those people you meet on holiday who only wanted to tell you where they have travelled? I bet she is.
I can't decide whether she'd try to avoid people because she's way above the proles whose husbands earn 10% of her husband, or whether she's desperate to drop into conversation how well-off she is. Given how vulgar she has been on Twitter etc, I'd go with the latter

I remember meeting a couple abroad and all the guy cared about was asking me relentless questions on how much did I pay for the trip, did I manage to haggle a good price, what did I save, what they saved. Got out of it by picking up my hiking pace.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Press Trip?????? 🙄
Surely if the accommodation and activities have been paid for and she is posting on Instagram about it and writing a blog post, then this is a blatant AD as she is ADVERTISING their services. Plus, I thought that Press Trips were undertaken by journalists and members of the press. If bloggers and influencers are now referring to themselves in this way, then it seriously undermines professional journalism.
I found the following quote in an article online
“If an individual has been paid or given a freebie by a brand, and said brand has had either input into what content is posted or approval before publishing, that counts as an advert and needs to be disclosed as such.”

Reactions: 5
Exactly!! She just doesn't care one bit. If everyone behaved as she does, half these places won't even be there for her kids to see!

Her trip list for the last year alone looks like this (and I've probably missed most of the 'weekend breaks' and reparative soho farm house stays)

Lisbon
Norfolk
Amsterdam
Maldives
Cotswolds
Big California road trip
Cotswolds
Norfolk
Amsterdam again
Jamaica
Big Italy road trip
Babington House
Walberswick
The grove
Cornwall
Mallorca
Sardinia
Florida road trip
Sri Lanka

In a freakin year alone! In the last few years she's covered the Maldives a lot, Mauritius several times, Bali, Tanzania, Singapore, Barbados, Seychelles, the Bahamas, all over Australia, Hawaii, the list goes on and on and on.
When it’s written like that I can’t help but feel beyond jealous. We are lucky to afford maybe 2/3 holidays a year but only ever Europe. A USA trip would be about two years worth of holidays. She has no idea how out of touch she is and how lucky she is. She doesn’t use any of her luck for good.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.