RVK Loves #11 Save your airmiles Rebecca, there’s a B&Q in Watford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new post is up. Anyone read it? Not me.
She found out the postcodes of those in her NCT group! Is that to make sure they were from Berkhamsted and St Albans, rather than Watford and Hemel?

Also can we talk about how the hell she is gifted stuff? She was gifted the Nina Leaf (Rrp £160) and then she actively doesn’t recommend it in her blog...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Who emails the NCT course leader to find out the postcodes of the other parents? Talk about control freak!! 😳 I also don’t believe for one second it was so they could “see who was more local” as she suggests, but more so that they could ensure they weren’t mixing with riff raff from Watford or Hemel! After all, Benpecked earns 10x more than all our husbands, I’m sure Grabby needed to make sure Chopsy Frey Bento’s future pals could afford to keep up with them 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Who emails the NCT course leader to find out the postcodes of the other parents? Talk about control freak!! 😳 I also don’t believe for one second it was so they could “see who was more local” as she suggests, but more so that they could ensure they weren’t mixing with riff raff from Watford or Hemel! After all, Benpecked earns 10x more than all our husbands, I’m sure Grabby needed to make sure Chopsy Frey Bento’s future pals could afford to keep up with them 🙄🙄
Surely this information should not be shared under GDPR ???

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Does anyone actually read her blogs properly....? It’s like wading through treacle. Continually baffled that someone with a law degree doesn’t even proof-read her own work.

My personal gem:
“AND Make sure nobody overstays their welcome and ideally brings you some food/offers to help with something.”

WTAF? Is it not just lovely having some company and being grateful that a friend or family member made time to visit you and meet your baby. But no, Princess Grabby needs gifts and things done for her. The sense of entitlement is astounding.

Reactions: 9
Does anyone actually read her blogs properly....? It’s like wading through treacle. Continually baffled that someone with a law degree doesn’t even proof-read her own work.

My personal gem:
“AND Make sure nobody overstays their welcome and ideally brings you some food/offers to help with something.”

WTAF? Is it not just lovely having some company and being grateful that a friend or family member made time to visit you and meet your baby. But no, Princess Grabby needs gifts and things done for her. The sense of entitlement is astounding.
“All of the airs but non of the graces” as my mother would say.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Is she saying in that blog that she doesn't use snowsuits in the bloody car seat as they're bulky?
They're not bleeping safe in a car seat with a snow suit on! This woman! That blog post was total bullshit. (Contains gifted items etc). How many now are affiliate???

Reactions: 7

My personal gem:

Well, she is the only one to have ever had a baby.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Noticed she didn’t include the ridiculous milk thermometer which apparently made their lives ‘sooo much easier’.
The world of the ‘influencer’ is so shallow and false.

Reactions: 10
Noticed she didn’t include the ridiculous milk thermometer which apparently made their lives ‘sooo much easier’.
The world of the ‘influencer’ is so shallow and false.
Why would you need it if you are breastfeeding? Would love to know how much she got paid for that!

Reactions: 6
Her writing is just a stream of consciousness, interspersed with bad grammar. 'Mama's' for a start. It also drives me nuts that some paragraphs a centre aligned and some are aligned left to right. AGH.

Reactions: 10
That blog post was total bullshit. (Contains gifted items etc). How many now are affiliate???
I’m certain the ASA would be interested if affiliate links aren’t properly disclosed.

Also, it’s a kindness to readers to clearly alert them when they are being sold to.

Edit: towards the beginning of the post (but not at the very beginning as per ASA rules) she mentions ‘some affiliate links are used’. She doesn’t specify which ones though. The ASA would clarify if this disclosure is compliant.

She also writes, “new parents are a marketer’s dream”. Indeed, Becky, indeed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
She is another Katie Hopkins...probably asked for the babies names in advance too.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is she saying in that blog that she doesn't use snowsuits in the bloody car seat as they're bulky?
They're not bleeping safe in a car seat with a snow suit on! This woman! That blog post was total bullshit. (Contains gifted items etc). How many now are affiliate???
That is true. All of the car safety experts say no snow suits in a car seat and the padding compresses in an accident and the straps are no longer secure enough

Reactions: 3
The sleepyhead - ‘do your own research, we have and believe they are breathable’. Err so why does no single healthcare professional recommended them? Our nanny won’t even use them if she goes to a house that has them, her insurance won’t cover her. Says it all

• Heart
I see Mumma has been round to Grabahandful today to help out. Because no mama can cope with one small baby up chucking without support, right?

Reactions: 1
I see Mumma has been round to Grabahandful today to help out. Because no mama can cope with one small baby up chucking without support, right?
If mumma is nearby and free then why not?
Seems a bit mean to take a swipe at her about that - she is lucky to have the help!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.