Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Well, if that is skinny fat I am done for.
Me too. I’m just fat fat 😂

I’m not a fan of Ruth’s content these days, haven’t been for a long time now, but I honestly thought we were past body shaming. Especially people who basically have a body that a lot of women would love to have. What chance is there for the rest of us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Rebhell2

A long time ago in a previous life I used to go to a very well known celebrity hairdresser in London being naive thought I was paying for the best. The fawning over celebs made me sick then I realised that none of them were paying waltzing out air kiss on cheeks? it dawned on me why the price was so high I was subsidising them last time I went

• Angry
Reactions: 23

Wobblehead

VIP Member
I can’t make my mind up about Ruth, is she too contrived, I think yes. Plus in all the try hard to be funny vibe there is still mainly 80% ads. I think out of a lot of the influencers she is one of the ones who does the most Ads. She is also a bit out of touch with the realities of life. Buying a holiday cottage in a pandemic lockdown does not mean we are all in this together.....

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Artheusa

Oh no, I can't imagine what she'd do to that beautiful house. Imagine camo carpets lol. I know I'm being petty but I reeeaaally don't want the Georgian house to belong to someone trashy like CH.

• Haha
  • Heart

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I've just read Ruth's latst post - a life update - and I feel so bloody angry with her. She's basically moaning about spending all her time in lockdown with her children and how utterly hard and exhausting it is. Fuck off Ruth, you have no idea what it's like for people like my colleagues in the NHS trying to work from home doing serious work in mental health whilst simultaneously trying to homeschool their children! Her kids are infant school age and below, at the stage where they are just read books and doing finger painting for God's sake. Some of my colleagues have kids studying for GCSEs and so on. Sorry rant over - her moany and entitled attitude has just really pressed my buttons tonight.

• Angry

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I have to say I’ve clearly been a naive arse with regards to how much the more successful influencers are. Ruth had her hair done at Josh Wood the other day and she commented that’s it’s always a gift ( I’m paraphrasing there) but she never pays for her hair appointments ?.

It’s not difficult to type ‘ad’ ‘gift’ or ‘ it’s free to me but not to you plebs’, come on Ruth, you’re being a spoilt brat by the sound of your IG stories.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I stopped following Ruth ages ago when she had the hissy fit about having to declare her ads and was on about putting things like #press sample or some such bollocks instead. Like she’s a member of the press 🙄

I wasn’t into the family/baby stuff, but her beauty content was boring me by then anyway. It was always the same - ooh look what I’ve been sent, isn’t this nice. But it was the same things that everyone else was showing as it was just the latest lipstick from Chanel, Lancôme, whoever and regurgitated PR wording.

The other side to it was all the events she used to go to. There were so many of them and the photos she would take told the story. That really opened my eyes to how much of an insiders club it is. The same faces were at every event and the ‘goodie bags’ and gifts they would get just for turning up were ridiculous. No wonder there was hell on when they were required to start declaring their brand relationships and advertising, and let’s be frank, a lot of them still aren’t doing it properly - #press treatment for a lifetime of free hair do’s... really??? We see you Ruth, and the rest of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Horatio

VIP Member
It’s hilarious watching one spoilt influencer after another throw their toys out of the pram over this. They have completely lost all perspective - it’s a small tightening of rules on the hoardes stuff they either get for free or are paid crazy sums to promote. And it’s not like thats going to change. All they are asking for is a hashtag ffs you privileged knobs.

Reactions: 18

fmmac

The bit about readers with an axe to grind/policing accounts is what really annoys me. How about a reader just wants to know if they are being sold to! They really believe they are better than us non influencers! Well jokes on them as I'll be unfollowing everyone that doesn't follow the rules or has a hissy fit about it!

Reactions: 17

PinkandTwinkly

She might look out of shape compared to the other Insta undie wearers, but shes a 40 year old mum of two not a filtered 19 year old.
I'd kill for that figure, but, I prefer cake more than I favour being slim enough to pose on Instagram in my pants so I take comfort form that

• Heart

Nbg85

I don't think she's always been so bad - I started watching her when she still lived in the London flat and filmed in front of the wallpapered wall and think she used to give good recommendations and was genuinely quite funny in a non try hard way. Now she rambles on and on trying to make jokes/innuendos, 'forgetting' what she's trying to say etc it's just boring

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
How is she still doing haul videos?

And inside the first minute of her latest Hush clothing one..

“It’s really soft.. it’s not cashmere.. I don’t think it’s even wool... but it’s got that really soft feel so I imagine it’s viscose or something like that.. but it will probably wash really well because of that, I imagine...”

Or.. you could take a nanosecond to check the label?

• Haha
Reactions: 16

PoleStar

Chatty Member
I followed Ruth for about 6 or 7 years, becoming really quite bored by her blog after her kids came along. I don't have children and I'm not interested in them. I kept reading her blog out of habit, finally ditching it after the Sali Hughes rant a few weeks ago when I had an epiphany and realised I don't need these strangers telling me what THEY think I should buy, wear, think .... In all those years of reading her blog I had NO idea she wasn't paying at Josh Wood and just how much stuff she was getting for free. It makes me feel duped and that makes me feel angry. I'm disappointed too as I wonder how/why it was so easy to have the wool pulled over my eyes. I had also started to feel really quite disturbed by how much information Ruth shares about her children, it doesn't feel right to me having their faces plastered all over the Internet for god knows who to see. Personally I think there should be laws about exposing children like this.

libelle80

I understand it’s stressful to be at home confined with your family all day every day for months with little social contact outside your family. I find it stressful too and I don’t have children.
But they have huge homes with plenty of room and gardens and all the financial resources and jobs with maximum flexibility.
So relatable they’re not in all their complaining...

OhhBacon

VIP Member
When your biggest woe is the fact that nearly all your belongings are gifted and therefore all need tagged so that your advertising is clear, it’s time to have a word with yourself.
In my opinion there are two options.
  1. accept the privilege that you have and get tagging, as required by law.
  2. close your account and stop accepting items, when you need something new go and buy it!

Simple really!