Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t make my mind up about Ruth, is she too contrived, I think yes. Plus in all the try hard to be funny vibe there is still mainly 80% ads. I think out of a lot of the influencers she is one of the ones who does the most Ads. She is also a bit out of touch with the realities of life. Buying a holiday cottage in a pandemic lockdown does not mean we are all in this together.....

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can’t make my mind up about Ruth, is she too contrived, I think yes. Plus in all the try hard to be funny vibe there is still mainly 80% ads. I think out of a lot of the influencers she is one of the ones who does the most Ads. She is also a bit out of touch with the realities of life. Buying a holiday cottage in a pandemic lockdown does not mean we are all in this together.....
I definitely think she’s overdoing “quirky, funny bird” image now.

Reactions: 11
Ruth was always like this. Rambling her way through videos and indeed her blog posts. I think she thought it was endearing but a lot of the time I clicked out. Buying the holiday cottage will give her the content she desperately needs, I have an inkling the main house will be kept private apart from the filming room or showing sponsored home freebies.
He is obviously very private, I'm surprised he's been on board with filming the kids if I'm honest.

Reactions: 13
I don't think she's always been so bad - I started watching her when she still lived in the London flat and filmed in front of the wallpapered wall and think she used to give good recommendations and was genuinely quite funny in a non try hard way. Now she rambles on and on trying to make jokes/innuendos, 'forgetting' what she's trying to say etc it's just boring

Reactions: 17
I don't think she's always been so bad - I started watching her when she still lived in the London flat and filmed in front of the wallpapered wall and think she used to give good recommendations and was genuinely quite funny in a non try hard way. Now she rambles on and on trying to make jokes/innuendos, 'forgetting' what she's trying to say etc it's just boring
SAME! Remember the wall and her being genuinely funny. She did prepare for videos well and indeed didn't forget

Reactions: 3
I used to love Ruth back in the day. She was a breath of fresh air and made no bones about who she was. Now I can't bear to read her rambly and unfunny posts.

She's still a lot nicer than other influencers (side note: her friendship with Hirons baffles me as Ruth is actually nice). It has been said here before but merging the Mum related content and blogging hasn't been a great success

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Interesting overall question of how the progression to mummy stuff can bore or even alienate those of us who've grown older along with bloggers but haven't progressed to family life, for whatever reason.

I don't really like seeing family stuff on any IG account which I follow for skincare. It either bores me, or seems intrusive if it's a doctor. I don't mind seeing their cute animals, 😻 but draw the line at sprogs (and actually food and bloody Peloton too).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Yep, as soon as she started wanging on about her children I stopped reading/watching.

Reactions: 9
I used to love Ruth back in the day. She was a breath of fresh air and made no bones about who she was. Now I can't bear to read her rambly and unfunny posts.

She's still a lot nicer than other influencers (side note: her friendship with Hirons baffles me as Ruth is actually nice). It has been said here before but merging the Mum related content and blogging hasn't been a great success
See I felt this as well but it was before thr times of Rules and regulations I was a bit of a fan girl of a Lot of beauty bloggers then I started to really wise up and realise it was all one big advert no different to a magazine so I started to feel a bit duped and stupid . Ruth was not a happy bunny with when the regs on adverts and affiliates came out which said a lot to me. I do think I would get on with her based on her one line persona, she does make me laugh but I will always have that duped feeling . One thing I do admire is her business sense (if we put the aforementioned to one side ) , she isn’t daft .. moving into blogging when modelling was moving away.. the hair care stuff .. property.. not sure if the mothering stuff brings much in I guess cos once you are Past those new mum early years you aren’t in the loop anymore to see the ads etc but I guess there’s a constant churn of new mums so ... she isn’t daft.

Reactions: 8
Oh my days, Ruth is talking candidly about the bridgerton sex scenes. She said Cock.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I agree, although when I started watching her it was before the change in #ad laws and I thoguht she was a lot more genuine than she turned out to be

Reactions: 8
I thought it was hysterical 😂😂 she’s not prude that’s for sure 🙈
Agreed! Haven’t even been interested to watch bridgerton until now. 😁

and yes she mentioned she’d share renovation content on both the new house and the holiday cottage. Can’t wait! I live in a rental apartment so I live my “dream home” dreams through other people’s accounts and I prefer Ruth’s interior style over many others

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That= sending out kits in a timely fashion? Decent customer service? Not tell customers to kiss her arse?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.