Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
Nic Chapman is another one. It's so upsetting they don't make the most of their time with their kids. Kiddos grow up so quick. Have fun with them and cherish these moments.
I would love to see a lot of these people do some kind of minimum wage keyworker job, i.e. in a supermarket, would make a good channel 5 reality show, none of them would cope with a real day of hard work and not being gifted/paid for very little

Reactions: 13

Author123

Chatty Member
To be fair, it’s sometimes easy to forget sometimes now (especially as she drops the ‘a model recommends’ branding or at least uses it less frequently) that she was a model signed with one of the top agencies and working internationally. Those genes don’t just disappear even as age creeps in.

I remember watching her on a documentary on Channel 4 (that also followed Erin O Connor) nearly 20 years ago when she was sent out to Japan for a few months. But that’s showing my age!

Reactions: 12

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's funny how this thread has seen the most activity it has in ages. It goes to show that Ruth's website has become extremely stale and how she is the least offensive of all the influencers

• Heart

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
Interesting overall question of how the progression to mummy stuff can bore or even alienate those of us who've grown older along with bloggers but haven't progressed to family life, for whatever reason.

I don't really like seeing family stuff on any IG account which I follow for skincare. It either bores me, or seems intrusive if it's a doctor. I don't mind seeing their cute animals, 😻 but draw the line at sprogs (and actually food and bloody Peloton too).

• Heart
  • Haha

Sarahmynci

Having watched Caroline Hirons live yesterday I’m convinced that was filmed in Ruth’s old dressing room. She filmed it on one of her house tours.

• Wow

emm

VIP Member
I understand it’s stressful to be at home confined with your family all day every day for months with little social contact outside your family. I find it stressful too and I don’t have children.
But they have huge homes with plenty of room and gardens and all the financial resources and jobs with maximum flexibility.
So relatable they’re not in all their complaining...
yeah exactly, it is just insulting to people in tiny/badly heated etc flats with no outside space/single parents trying to homeschool etc . She is with her family in a huge house! so tone deaf

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
A beautiful, classic house in a stunning location ......then the Hirons’ moved in.

I think Barry the Giant groaned too .

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
This part:

"But none of this is particularly a bad thing – at least not for me. I have to say (ooh, big reveal) that the last few months have taught me to do something I’ve never managed to do successfully before, and that is to completely detach myself from work for longish periods of time. Consecutive days. A whole week, even. It’s a revelation. You immerse yourself fully into domestic life and suddenly everything slows down – you still fill the day with chores and looking after other people, but you’re just a bit more present when you do it. Rather than frantically going from task to task and seeing the day as some sort of giant, tickable to-do list, you just sort of deal with things as they are presented to you. When I try to do too much at once, every element of the day becomes a challenge – breakfast, getting dressed, answering the doorbell, but when I allow myself to just chill out (which doesn’t come naturally, I’ll admit) everything is suddenly a little bit easier. And a bit more fun."

Good one Ruth. Most mothers definitely can just switch off work for a whole week. No hassle at all. In the real world working mothers are working ever harder to prove their "worth". It wouldn't even be as bad if she acknowledged her privilege but no

Spoonfulofjam

The first is in renovation but not in refurb
The second is in tiles but not in Brinton Carpets
The third is in ten tons of lavender bulbs but not in Barry the giant

The next is in beg but not in #ad
The second is in recommends and also in hirons
The third is in aga and also in bear (best tucking cat ever including my own)
The fourth is in mid century and also in Georgian
The fifth is not in extension but is in glass
The sixth is in both Ruth and Crilly
And the last is in why and also in cry and also in how the hell am I still in lockdowny mclockdown

• Haha
  • Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
Ruth's new house is definitely a better fit for her, you could tell she didn't love the mansion. I found the modern and kitsch crap she had dotted around quite jarring at times...I know the look she was going for but it didn't quite hit the mark. Haven't seen much of the new house, but she's been busy with the holiday cottage.

I’m a fan of Ruth (she seems to have her head screwed on compared to a lot of influencers), but her insta stories today are bizarre - comes across a bit judgy about what people wear to bed then gets snippy when people have obviously messaged her about it! What did she expect would happen with a topic like that?! 😂
I wouldn’t ask Clemmie Telford, that woman looks like she hasn’t seen a pair of clean knickers in 15 years

• Haha
  • Wow

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
Do you think SHE thinks she’s picked the most inconspicuous part of the house to film in??!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 she’s underestimated the super sleuths on here! Ha!

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Eat My Shorts

VIP Member
I can’t make my mind up about Ruth, is she too contrived, I think yes. Plus in all the try hard to be funny vibe there is still mainly 80% ads. I think out of a lot of the influencers she is one of the ones who does the most Ads. She is also a bit out of touch with the realities of life. Buying a holiday cottage in a pandemic lockdown does not mean we are all in this together.....
I definitely think she’s overdoing “quirky, funny bird” image now.

Elizah D

Selling, selling, selling….whether it’s makeup, food, holiday home or app. The selling never ever ends. Tiresome, uninteresting and self serving.

• Heart

Curio

Chatty Member
Influencers in general seem to be inundated with free stuff this week. I don’t get why they think people want to watch them receive all this stuff 🤷‍♀️

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Wow. Imagine having that ridiculously easy life and whinging when you need to be held accountable for something. They’ve gotten away in the land of freebies and unicorns for too long and they are basically all completely bonkers and unrelatable.
They don’t want us to know how much of their “advice” is add because we can’t trust any of their recommendations, ever.
I haven’t watched her in ages either because when she started blogging about her pregnancy I lost interest (no shade, I’m just not the target audience).
I think it’s hilarious/ridiculous how the “big” hairdressers give all this freebie haircuts and colours to people who can afford to pay their full rates, and overcharge us “plebs”. Nobody really buys into that crap anymore and I doubt they get a big return on investment? especially as most YTs hair is really bad 😂

• Haha