Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OliviaPope

Another moron!

It’s all confusing and bonkers!! But it’s not confusing to the layman on the street.

You are given something free that you show on your business page then more often than not you share it with an AF link to make you and the company money it’s an AD!!

Of course Ruth that would be STUPID for you to BUY the items you are recommending for others to BUY with an AF link.

Reactions: 15

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
To be fair, I’m hardly a fashion maven today (or ever). I’m in black running leggings and a men’s Breton.

Maybe she’s like me and I don’t know if anyone else feels the same on here but I’m really struggling to find any clothing out there (online) that I actually like. I have a fairly plain, classic and I can’t find anything I want to buy to update my wardrobe. If I do find something, on the rare occasion, it’s either something like a plain T or it costs something crazy like £150 for a top and can only be dry cleaned or hand washed in angel tears on a full moon. I have a decent budget but that doesn’t mean I’m looking to be ripped off. There seems to be nothing out there for 40 something women who don’t want to dress like the queen mum or like a Camp Bestival refugee. So I live in exercise clothes and stuff I’ve worn for years. I probably look dated too. I don’t post outfits on IG though (or anywhere).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I can’t watch her anymore, she is just a walking advert now. Does this woman actually buy anything? Moved into a country pile, but constantly moans about how cold it is, how much the oil costs to heat it , how draughty it is, stuffing the window frames with toilet roll to keep out ladybirds 🙄🙄. Sofa, free, Brinton’s carpets, free, holiday breaks, press trips, beauty products, clothes, her spectacles, her hair cut/colour, all the pr gifts we don’t see declared.....it’s obscene. Had to unsubscribe when she was doing the whole fishing/low key begging for wall lights...ones she wanted were around £360 each......she needed six of them. Just greedy, grabbing and devoid of any integrity.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Excellent sleuthing. By my reckoning that might mean Caroline did.
We all loved that house and the thought of Caroline Hirons having earned enough money off those bloody skin kits and her rabid supporters to buy such a beauty vexes me greatly😂😂

She was living there in 1st lockdown I'm sure I read.
Yes she was , there’s screenshots from a couple of her children outside and in one of the bathrooms.

Nothing gets past a Tattler <taps nose>

• Haha

Elizah D

A number of British “ beauty influencers” have recently purchased holiday homes. They then saturate their Instagram feeds with photos, renovations and improvements. It’s all self promotion with the intent of renting the place out for profit via their follower base.
Again, it’s all marketing for their gain.

• Angry

BigMavis

VIP Member
Ruth was always like this. Rambling her way through videos and indeed her blog posts. I think she thought it was endearing but a lot of the time I clicked out. Buying the holiday cottage will give her the content she desperately needs, I have an inkling the main house will be kept private apart from the filming room or showing sponsored home freebies.
He is obviously very private, I'm surprised he's been on board with filming the kids if I'm honest.

Reactions: 13

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
I’ve unfollowed her a few weeks ago. Every now and then I check her Instagram to see that I have really not missed anything. It’s a shame because I used to really enjoy her, but I feel like her content has really dropped in quality sadly. She’ll make one piece of content or two (say a blogpost and an IGTV video) and then her insta stories for the rest of the month consist of linking those same pieces of content again and again “in case you’ve missed it”. No, I haven’t, thanks. I used to enjoy her writing, but now I feel like there isn’t much substance to it unfortunately. She’s taken what people used to find funny (occasional streams of consciousness in between structured writing) and made this endlessly waffling persona out of it – weird streams of consciousness without structure or substance in the text, for example talking about how sexy she finds Arielle’s Disney dad. Lik, what? That would have been a joke if you had just mentioned it in a text, but it doesn’t warrant a full blog post. It’s a shame really, I kind of miss her old content. But her endlessly complaining about all her work when I don’t really see any of it doesn’t add anything positive to my life, and I’m better off not having people on my feed whose content annoys me.

Girl meister

i don't understand why brands keep doing this.. it is never good advertising
I make a point of never buying from brands that seem to give away their products to these people. Jo Malone is an example. The amount they spend on giving away candles and doing fancy events. If they stopped doing it the candles could halve in price !

BigMavis

VIP Member
Ach her wee flight attendant ad was very good. She puts more effort and imagination into her videos than most.

• Heart

OliviaPope

The bit about readers with an axe to grind/policing accounts is what really annoys me. How about a reader just wants to know if they are being sold to! They really believe they are better than us non influencers! Well jokes on them as I'll be unfollowing everyone that doesn't follow the rules or has a hissy fit about it!
If they followed the correct laws and labelled everything how it should and are transparent and not af link everything in site nobody would have an axe to grind or police their posts.

They are the ones that have turned thier life in to a business.

Girl meister

Christ on a bike I don’t know how Josh Wood Hair is still in business - every influencer on the internet has gifted cuts and colour. Ruth being the latest. This just makes me avoid at all costs as clearly the few paying customers they have are subsidising all these freeloaders. Plus when you look at Ruth’s hair and Caroline Hirons which is bleached to within an inch of its life it’s not really a good advert is it?

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
"seller of TVs" reminded me of those people in the 1970(?) who went from door to door selling things like tvs and vaccuum cleaners, made me chuckle :ROFLMAO:
Influencers are a modern day overpaid version of those kind of sellers. Ruth Shilly is what I call her now!

• Haha
  • Heart