Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Great South Run whilst Welsh was running too - must’ve been the babysitter had had enough of watching the kids AGAIN so one of them had to do their real job - be a parent. Selfish Welsh (new name Welfish) must’ve won the toss to race, or maybe he’s just so controlling he was running regardless of what Kelly wanted

Ok so hands up who wants a covid test! 🙋🏻‍♂️
Things just hit a new low View attachment 816051

Fudgieruns, this is low
Even lower that he’s tagged a couple of people on this using his side account fudgieraves (raVes guys don’t sue me)

Reactions: 1
Didn’t run cos of a rough weekend caused by online bullying if you read between the lines?

Didn’t run cos of a rough weekend caused by online bullying if you read between the lines?
Nice promotion of that panorama programme.

This drives me crazy. Admittedly, there are people in the public eye and on SM who get horrendous trolling via DMs. That needs to stop and it must be heartbreaking to be on the end of it.

But we don’t hate Kelly, no one here is DM her. It is against the rules. We are taking issue with her behaviour with regards to constant taking of #gifted items (which could be donated to those in need), endless #ads which show no real direction and her recent overtraining which is dangerous to expose to her many followers.

Kelly comes here to read our discussion. She doesn’t need to. As said previously, this is simply water-cooler gossip. She just cannot take anyone (in particular, experienced runners) chatting about her.

She needs to stop reading here, have a proper rest and recovery, decide what brands are most important to her and concentrate on them and if she gets too many gifted trainers, donate them. It really isn’t that hard. There are so many instarunners who don’t have threads simply because they aren’t grabby and don’t demonstrate dangerous running habits.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Couldn’t agree more. This forum is not online abuse if you decide to come here and read it for yourself, but another way of making an issue that is actually not about her about her 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She needs to stop reading here, have a proper rest and recovery, decide what brands are most important to her and concentrate on them and if she gets too many gifted trainers, donate them. It really isn’t that hard. There are so many instarunners who don’t have threads simply because they aren’t grabby and don’t demonstrate dangerous running habits.
A lot of them need to do this. This living life for the gram, or in this case doing training for the gram. Training that’s too much, not looking after themselves and blaming us for when they have a bad day.

Would be best for all the smaller runners out there to see these people actually be honest. Not be fake honest just when there’s and AD to be had. Skip runs, lie in, not race for a few months etc. Most of us don’t race more than once or twice a year, it’s not relatable content all these constant #MedalMondays.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Would be best for all the smaller runners out there to see these people actually be honest. Not be fake honest just when there’s and AD to be had. Skip runs, lie in, not race for a few months etc. Most of us don’t race more than once or twice a year, it’s not relatable content all these constant #MedalMondays.
I agree. I seeing it them all out there now running all these races is tugging at the heart strings even though I know a) I don’t need to do it all again b) it will make me ill again and c) it will end VERY badly.

But is so attractive- knowing how you feel at the end of a race, seeing all the build up. They are all showing that week in, week out and they aren’t paying for any of it. The GNR is extortionate now. I just couldn’t justify that amount of money anymore.

It is so disingenuous. That is why we are here. Why they can’t see that is beyond me.

Reactions: 3
I’d like to see Kelly have a weekend off insta because she spent time with the kids at the park, or went out for a family meal, went to soft play, all of them together as a family, Welsh too, and not have a weekend off insta because you had ‘a rough one’ whilst he still went racing. If she was having that much of a rough weekend, not very supportive of Welsh to piss off to a race 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 7
I’d like to see Kelly have a weekend off insta because she spent time with the kids at the park, or went out for a family meal, went to soft play, all of them together as a family, Welsh too, and not have a weekend off insta because you had ‘a rough one’ whilst he still went racing. If she was having that much of a rough weekend, not very supportive of Welsh to piss off to a race 🤷🏻‍♂️
Absolutely. Having time off insta because running made you feel like crap, that should be a warning sign to back off the running and go and live life a bit.

But is so attractive- knowing how you feel at the end of a race, seeing all the build up. They are all showing that week in, week out and they aren’t paying for any of it. The GNR is extortionate now. I just couldn’t justify that amount of money anymore.
But they don’t even look like they’re feeling good at the end of the races - look at kelly at LDN and Berlin. She looks miserable!

I’m happy to splash the cash on one expensive race (I mostly do local stuff tbh). But that one expensive race has to be the A race. Heart and soul into that one to make it worth it. But that’s also partly why I gave up big road races. I dislike the pressure and it doesn’t work for me. Smaller road / trail races are for me these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Does anyone follow Gen Huss genh_26.2? Constantly making excuses about her running. Like "oh I think i had covid" then spouts off about how she thinks aircon made her ill and vaccines dont work. Had a bad run, must be the heat. Had a bad run, must be vaccine side affects. She posted today about how her immune system is now weak because of the second vaccine. DELUDED

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone follow Gen Huss genh_26.2? Constantly making excuses about her running. Like "oh I think i had covid" then spouts off about how she thinks aircon made her ill and vaccines dont work. Had a bad run, must be the heat. Had a bad run, must be vaccine side affects. She posted today about how her immune system is now weak because of the second vaccine. DELUDED
I used to follow her when she was still living in London, she seems like a posh spoilt brat to be honest, what is she mid/late twenties but she always is against government/politics or the people she lives with.

I used to follow her when she was still living in London, she seems like a posh spoilt brat to be honest, what is she mid/late twenties but she always is against government/politics or the people she lives with.
Exactly! I'm sick of her saying "London (which im pretty sure she thinks is the only place in the uk) is crap and cold and the government sucks" then saying "israel is too hot and the banks and the government suck". She must be mid-mate 20s but she looks and acts like a kid. Don't get me started with her baby pajamas and how she almost definitely lives off her parents

And the obsession with the weather. Grow up, sometime its windy when we all race. Get a grip

Kelly’s out again.

Can’t run a gifted race.

Can run on Monday and Tuesday.

Righty Ho. Recovery is going well I see.

😑

Reactions: 4
Kelly’s out again.

Can’t run a gifted race.

Can run on Monday and Tuesday.

Righty Ho. Recovery is going well I see.

😑
I’m thinking it was either an issue with one of her kids, illness or something.

Or, maybe some backlash for her advertising the pcr testing. I’m sure she’ll have had some covid deniers piping up in her inbox. And that’s where the posts about bullying are coming from in part.

Like many have said, these people are happy to take the gifted races, trainers, underwear, nutrition and so on and on; with very little given back in return. A grid post and a few 15 second stories if the company is lucky. But when there are comments made about their integrity and why they take take take any old gifted items they play the woe is me card. A lot of these people literally live their lives for Instagram as it’s the only way they are making a living whereas the people they are pulling the grift on are working full time, scrimping and saving to run a few races a year if that and maybe get a new pair of trainers every 12-18 months. It’s no wonder we have an opinion on what they are putting out.

Reactions: 5
This is what bothers me most: if you get gifted these places and advertise that you’re doing them, people are going to expect to know about your race, or if you didn’t do it, some explanation. I don’t buy that online comments would make you not race. They may be a convenient excuse to not run when you didn’t really want to and have really messed up your body for running two marathons in close succession, but just be upfront about it. With Kelly and Matt, we all see and know they’re getting “training” really wrong and will both underachieve and end up with serious injuries, so they’d earn some respect for actually owning this and saying no to a race.
It just frustrates me so much that running should be inclusive and yet the cost of races, trainers etc are ever increasing and only gifted to those who have no need for so many. They could learn a lot from Skid Row Running Club….

Reactions: 6
I see the Brooks team have had a new kit & trainer drop this week. Again just shows how much is gifted as it was only the beginning of September there was the Brooks meet up where they all got new kit and trainers.
It’s hard not to come across as bitter about it because who wouldn’t like getting new stuff every couple of months and I get what the point of it all is but it’s so wasteful and over indulgent.

Reactions: 6
I see the Brooks team have had a new kit & trainer drop this week. Again just shows how much is gifted as it was only the beginning of September there was the Brooks meet up where they all got new kit and trainers.
It’s hard not to come across as bitter about it because who wouldn’t like getting new stuff every couple of months and I get what the point of it all is but it’s so wasteful and over indulgent.
Already some very badly declared posts!

Reactions: 2
Looks like Kel is just going to ignore it and hope people forget and it goes away. So tired of these running influencers. I think a ton are. All the comments are from the same fellow influencers or people kissing arse to gain attention to themselves.

Reactions: 4
Looks like Kel is just going to ignore it and hope people forget and it goes away. So tired of these running influencers. I think a ton are. All the comments are from the same fellow influencers or people kissing arse to gain attention to themselves.
As long as these people have the sheep in their comments stroking their ego, they’ll never change

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.