Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else think they’ve all gone really quiet?
TGCRF explaining herself over being gifted stuff in an attempt to be authentic. Nope.
Very quiet! Maybe they are thinking more about what they post and don't have anything worthwhile to say!

Reactions: 5
Kelly is doing the great South

seems a bit crazy after 2 poor marathons, feel like she needs some rest - Welsh runner is a very poor coach

meawhile rachel_running_for_my_life is telling us about when she did Yorkshire marathon . And how important it is not to be bothered about PB’s, when it’s so evident that’s all she bothered about

• Heart
Reactions: 4
See loads tagging limelight sports at the Oxford half and that to me suggests gifted places (without tagging it) given who is posting these!

I’m at GSR today watching the husband and wonder if I’ll see the famous faces going all in and rolling their brown dices or even waving their Willy at the women coming down the final stretch 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Kelly is doing the great South

seems a bit crazy after 2 poor marathons, feel like she needs some rest - Welsh runner is a very poor coach

meawhile rachel_running_for_my_life is telling us about when she did Yorkshire marathon . And how important it is not to be bothered about PB’s, when it’s so evident that’s all she bothered about
All she's bothered about. Everything comes back to her running times.
I listened to a podcast she did with women's running the other day and she mentioned it then aswell.

I can’t see Kelly on the GSR results…did she DNS or DNF?
And it’s been 2 weeks since London and still people are posting about it. It was one run. 14 days ago. I don’t understand! (And this is coming from someone who ran it, got a PB, good for age and a BQ but just did a single short post on the day!).

Reactions: 7
I reckon the Welsh Kellogg pair are sulking personally. Neither posted a story for over a day now 😱

Reactions: 4
Matt did Swansea Half this morning, on his Strava. Possible incoming post about rolling the dice as he did it in just under 73 minutes.
Nothing on Kelly’s. I’m sure there will be a “woe is me” story/post about that to garner some attention.

Reactions: 6
Well Matt has posted about Swansea. Usual stuff, not quite at fitness, wanted to see how it went. Ended up in 6th despite not being strong enough to stick it with the leaders. Boo boo

Doesn't look like he rolled the dice or went ALL IN

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Marco (who I find ok) has commented that after a 100k attempt and two marathons he should take a rest week 🤣 stop with the logical thoughts! We all know Matt will be running double sessions within the next week and planning the next all in race.

• Haha
I can’t see Kelly on the GSR results…did she DNS or DNF?
And it’s been 2 weeks since London and still people are posting about it. It was one run. 14 days ago. I don’t understand! (And this is coming from someone who ran it, got a PB, good for age and a BQ but just did a single short post on the day!).
Typical influencer behaviour. Didn’t pay for the place so may as well not turn up. Really irritating for people who would have relished that chance, or couldn’t afford a place themselves.

Maybe it’s just me, but if id been given a race entry I’d try even harder and train better than I would have if I’d paid for it myself!

Well Matt has posted about Swansea. Usual stuff, not quite at fitness, wanted to see how it went. Ended up in 6th despite not being strong enough to stick it with the leaders. Boo boo

Doesn't look like he rolled the dice or went ALL IN
His last 2 posts are so contradictory. Today: Times don't matter but wants to mix it with the leaders. The day before: says sometimes you need to step back before moving foward and can't wait to have fun at Swansea (fair enough). Then next sentence says it's "a race I love but it's never quite clicked. Tomorrow is all about execution". He likes to cover all bases in his posts so he can take the adulation when it goes well or explain it away when it doesn't. He's incapable of taking a step back or just running to enjoy it. Always has to push it because he fears the alternative doesn't make good instagram. You know what else doesn't make good instagram? Setting a bad example by doing too many races, over training, and ending up sidelined with injury because you can't take a day off, and trying to make people believe that "rolling the dice" and "going all in" everytime is the only way to succeed. Not to mention doing this while calling yourself a coach without, as far as I can see, any coaching qualifications.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
His last 2 posts are so contradictory. Today: Times don't matter but wants to mix it with the leaders. The day before: says sometimes you need to step back before moving foward and can't wait to have fun at Swansea (fair enough). Then next sentence says it's "a race I love but it's never quite clicked. Tomorrow is all about execution". He likes to cover all bases in his posts so he can take the adulation when it goes well or explain it away when it doesn't. He's incapable of taking a step back or just running to enjoy it. Always has to push it because he fears the alternative doesn't make good instagram. You know what else doesn't make good instagram? Setting a bad example by doing too many races, over training, and ending up sidelined with injury because you can't take a day off, and trying to make people believe that "rolling the dice" and "going all in" everytime is the only way to succeed. Not to mention doing this while calling yourself a coach without, as far as I can see, any coaching qualifications.
Yeah just read them and they don’t actually make any sense at all when read together!!

In the words of my partner just now “the Welsh bloke is just a massive bleeping whopper”

Not sure if he means Matt or the Willy wielder, maybe both (although from previous posts willy wielder has more of a garlic mushroom than a whopper) 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not really sure how Covid testing ADs link to race entry…? Another example of taking a freebie with no thought or care. No “oh such and such testing helped me check I was Covid free for today” or similar. Just a thanks, incorrectly declared AD with a sh*t flat lay.
Also how are that testing company helping big events? You can just use a free lateral flow for U.K. events :rolleyes: and not all have asked for… piss poor marketing from the company and the influencers there.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.