Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker, first post.

I seriously cannot believe these people are doing #ads for covid tests. I've really seen it all now. Especially Fudgie. How on earth does he get so much gifted tit? He's about as appealing as cold sick.

I'm sure I will have more to add at some point, but that's been waiting to come out for a few days 😂

Reactions: 8
"
I see the Brooks team have had a new kit & trainer drop this week. Again just shows how much is gifted as it was only the beginning of September there was the Brooks meet up where they all got new kit and trainers.
It’s hard not to come across as bitter about it because who wouldn’t like getting new stuff every couple of months and I get what the point of it all is but it’s so wasteful and over indulgent.
Have you seen how much that Brooks kit costs as well?!?

I get the emails from them as a previous customer, and got the one this week about their new hi viz range, but when I click on it to see £75 for a long sleeved t-shirt, or £120 or whatever it was for a jacket there's no way I'm buying it! I need to get myself on the Brooks team to get kit that pricey

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"

Have you seen how much that Brooks kit costs as well?!?

I get the emails from them as a previous customer, and got the one this week about their new hi viz range, but when I click on it to see £75 for a long sleeved t-shirt, or £120 or whatever it was for a jacket there's no way I'm buying it! I need to get myself on the Brooks team to get kit that pricey
I pretty much exclusively wear Brooks shoes as my feet are too wide for most other brands… if I wasn’t in healthcare which frowns upon us getting free tit from brands I’d be whoring myself out left right and centre for a Brooks team spot 😂

• Haha
I pretty much exclusively wear Brooks shoes as my feet are too wide for most other brands… if I wasn’t in healthcare which frowns upon us getting free tit from brands I’d be whoring myself out left right and centre for a Brooks team spot 😂
I remember the time they got this giant cushion.

I really wanted that cushion.

Ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Welsh Runner, instead of taking time to recover from 100 mile attempt (can I just say well done the Scots), 2 marathons, a half marathon, he's building his base with a double run day 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Does anyone follow Gen Huss genh_26.2? Constantly making excuses about her running. Like "oh I think i had covid" then spouts off about how she thinks aircon made her ill and vaccines dont work. Had a bad run, must be the heat. Had a bad run, must be vaccine side affects. She posted today about how her immune system is now weak because of the second vaccine. DELUDED
Yep. I stopped following her as I got so fed up of her thinking she was the only one to ever run in a hot country, and for every run/race having an excuse after it. I think she’s trying to convince her followers that she’s a world class athlete the way she harps on. I followed her for years but never saw her prove in a race what she made out she was capable of.
And don’t get me started on the cringe tiktoks.

I would just like to say I love this thread! Been reading this site for a years but never commented but am so glad there are people out there who think the same about these running influencers! They drive me totally bonkers!

Reactions: 6
welshrunner still recapping Swansea half 2 days later. The way he is going on about it when the day before it was a race where he wasn't going for a time and was going to have fun. Asking "what do you do when your hurting, your race goals slipped away, and you just want to stop?" Hmm...you could consider you may be overtraining/racing, shouldn't treat every race as an A race, and should probably cut back for a few weeks and do more non running family stuff. What's that Matt? Your just going to crack on with double run days instead? Well ok, if your sure. You are a coach after all.

Last edited:
welshrunner still recapping Swansea half 2 days later. The way he is going on about it when the day before it was a race where he wasn't going for a time and was going to have fun. Asking "what do you do when your hurting, your race goals slipped away, and you just want to stop?" Hmm...you could consider you may be overtraining/racing, shouldn't treat every race as an A race, and should probably cut back for a few weeks and do more non running family stuff.
You forgot 1-2 days before him saying that the day before and saying he was going for it and going to give it his best, or in his wanky words “rOll ThE diCE”.

He’s such a plonker honestly, gives it all the beans in his videos and sessions like his a real Elite, and credit his is a talented runner to post those times, but I wish he’d just own it that he’s not been good enough for those times rather than allllllways have an excuse! Him, that Bester goon and so many others will always post about things possibly being wrong rather than just be like “listen fam, just didn’t happen today, no excuses init”

Those reels, almost as bad as looking at Fudgieruns hairline
I had to stop following a couple of months ago. Never known anyone so desperate to get into one of these brand teams as he did with Brooks for about 18-24 months! Even worse once he got in and his reels and stories were really cringe, more so than before! He’s a guy that cares more about Instagram than he does his actual own life, can’t not post a story about everything 🙄

Reactions: 3
I have a bit of an issue with Runner Beans. She has no idea how privileged she is.

Talks about how hard it is to work and train etc and be an influencer. So her answer is to drop hours in her paid NHS job.

This probably comes across as jealous - and maybe I am but she is in a very fortunate position to be able to do this.

Most of us have to work full time in demanding jobs and juggle training. We do not have the luxury and security she does in her job to reduce our hours.

Rant over.

• Heart
I have a bit of an issue with Runner Beans. She has no idea how privileged she is.

Talks about how hard it is to work and train etc and be an influencer. So her answer is to drop hours in her paid NHS job.

This probably comes across as jealous - and maybe I am but she is in a very fortunate position to be able to do this.

Most of us have to work full time in demanding jobs and juggle training. We do not have the luxury and security she does in her job to reduce our hours.

Rant over.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I like her as a person and she’s relatable because she’s NOT a sub elite and struggles to meet goal times like we all do, but chicka, read the room girl. You have such a privileged life. Garden gym, personal trainer, disposable income. Appreciate what you have!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I like her as a person and she’s relatable because she’s NOT a sub elite and struggles to meet goal times like we all do, but chicka, read the room girl. You have such a privileged life. Garden gym, personal trainer, disposable income. Appreciate what you have!
You have to wonder how much the pilot husband props her up 😏

Some of the runstreakers really wind me up. One recently was desperate to run London Marathon and picked up a knee injury. But instead of just resting for a couple of weeks like any normal person she kept running 5k on it every day and guess what! Had to drop out of the marathon. All so she can keep posting running day #1456 or whatever. Probably terrified that without the runstreak no-one would take notice any more!
Rest days are good for you - especially when injured!

Reactions: 1
See that Alexm_16 is now churning out these cringeworthy warm up drill videos, additional desperation to be relevant and dare I say, maybe a new PMG in the making 🙄

I agree with the above about Runner Beans, I’ve met her a couple of times and she seems lovely, but it’s people like her who don’t appreciate what they have and how lucky they are. She wants to be positive but always loves a whinge these days!

Reactions: 3
See that Alexm_16 is now churning out these cringeworthy warm up drill videos, additional desperation to be relevant and dare I say, maybe a new PMG in the making 🙄

I agree with the above about Runner Beans, I’ve met her a couple of times and she seems lovely, but it’s people like her who don’t appreciate what they have and how lucky they are. She wants to be positive but always loves a whinge these days!
They all love a whinge, it’s routine for their gram! Medal/motivation Monday, transformation Tuesday, wiggle bleeping Wednesday (wherever that shite came from), throwback Thursday, Follow Friday or face to face Friday, parkrun Saturday, and then when they can’t fill the days up they’ll come out with a ‘woe is me’ day, sad bastards.
Look at Fudgieruns today, no motivation to run since London, yet he’s ran 6 times, but hey, he was due a woe is me post 😂

Reactions: 1
I’ve complained to Brooks this morning about several of their “team” not declaring their ads/gifted kit properly. Might be petty of me but it’s an advertisement and I don’t for one second believe that Brooks don’t provide guidance on how these people should be presenting it on SM. How hard is it to #ad a story and/or post.

They could automate their feeds

it’s all so fake, like I said if someone is telling you how much fun they are having they are really trying to convince themselves

most people just run

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.