Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AshM

Came across this one claiming her watch time as her new PB, even though it’s a minute different than her actual chip time. Feels a little disingenuous to me?? Her chip time is 1:27:49 (which is an amazing time) but she’s claiming 1:26:34, her watch time, as the actual PB. It sounds like it’s a PB either way, so why fudge it like this? Don’t know about you, but I feel like the actual race result should count - GPS watches aren’t always accurate
So, I’ve had a race recently that said my main time was the gun time when searching the name and it’s only when clicking into my name to look at my splits that it shows my actual chip time. It doesn’t actually say it’s the gun time until you click into it.

Reactions: 1

Lemming312

VIP Member
Yes! I wonder if that is Matt Fox’s email? 👀
My thoughts exactly! Bester and Co trying to make him look bad?
Who is Matt Fox? Is he the guy who was working with Bester and then it all went sour?!
I mean, if she does have a thyroid problem and taking this drug for that she should t be shamed, it’s a horrible condition. Also if she isn’t she would just be making herself sick and could end up with palpitations and a goitre. Women try and take levothyroxine for weight loss but then end up fucking up their thyroid and all the other issues!
Underactive thyroid here 🙋🏻‍♀️ how she manages to be so skinny and run that well while on levothyroxine is beyond me, it's a shit drug. I buy the good stuff from Thailand because doctors won't prescribe it due to a bad medicine licence deal by the Conservative government 🙄. I remember Susie Chan saying she'd been prescribed NDT (natural desiccated thyroid) but it's impossible for the majority of people.

tylenoal235

Anyone have any thoughts on Jeff Pelletier?

Personally: I find his running content so dull / boring / repetitive. (especially his big race stuff, Georgia series recently on YouTube). He does everything 'right', never seems to struggle, seems a bit condescending or patronising towards other runners - just thinks he's the bee's knee's basically.

I don't know who he's making these videos for really. I get promoted them because I run ultra's, but he is just so BORING.
---
I mean stop saying I love being a parent when all you do is moan about it then drive 5 hours to wales just to do a random park run and then drive back down south the following day just saying View attachment 1987489
Wowwwwww this riled me up. What utter bullshit this is

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
It does look like very nice bread but seriously...get some pasta to go with it if it's takeaway from an Italian place.

I've noticed some people getting free coopah subscriptions (I'm guessing the digital coaching is a subscription service? I've not actually looked at it) anyone know what they actually charge? (because I don't want to download the app and couldn't see it on the website)

Does anyone follow her coach(es)? Do they repost her stories when she tags them? I had a quick scan through their page earlier but couldn’t see any posts about her which seems odd for someone who would be showing (at least what to me look like) great results (in terms of just pure numbers, I mean, I know the nutrition side is incredibly concerning)
she is coached by purdue_performance - not really sure if they post much of their athlete’s results compared to other large coaching companies but maybe this was a compromise between dropping her entirely and not wanting to promote her ED (unless they have posted in the past and got backlash perhaps?)

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
I need your help (I hope this is allowed because I’ve looked everywhere and am at a loss): I’m seeking the perfect marathon running tights. They need to have two side pockets as minimum, preferably come in black, full length (possibly crop but not 7/8), and preferably high rise. And not extortionate. Can any women help?
Not cheap but I’ve a black pair from a brand with called Girlfriend collective. Two pockets, compressive and high rise. I wear them for winter training.
---
Another question for women (and I’m really surprised oh so tiny Sarah doesn’t complain about this). How do you get your chest HRM to fit? I’m small (but not Sarah small) and have to have it on its v tightest setting that just about works but it’s how to sit it around bra that a) doesn’t fall down and b) gives accurate reading. Any tips??? Mine ends up more inaccurate than my wrist HRM as can’t get it to fit right. Perhaps I should ask Sarah…

Last edited:

FPbase

I'm yet to go on instagram today but please tell me the winter 10k post have all stopped?? So many people being repetitive about their PBs and doing 2-3 posts in ones day about it. It's almost like a new trend and don't get why so many are doing double posts most days, like boomshakatwatta does
I thought that was bad for the algorithm....

FPbase

Do you mean Anya Culling? If so, then I'd say she's an exception in that when she ran her first marathon, she probably wasn't aware of her natural talent and didn't train as much as she now does - therefore her natural capability wasn't reflected in her first marathon time. Even if we trained harder or smarter than Anya, not many us will run a 2.36 marathon because we simply aren't meant to physiologically, not matter how hard we train.

Not always, but often, big leaps in progress are proceeded by sudden, more intense training - such as leaps in mileage volume, running fast all the time and intensity of training sessions. These yield big results in the short term which are often noticed on social media and by our friends/peers - it's nice to be recognised - and therefore tempting to carry on with overly intense training that sooner or later, causes injury/burnout and therefore inconsistency of training followed by stagnation in progress.

If you're in it for the long term, enjoyment and improvement then gradual, baby steps in improvement is much more sustainable, safe approach - which you get with sensible, manageable and uninterrupted training. You can get far with this approach - but it takes patience and not being in it for the wrong reasons - like social media recognition.

Of course, there will always be people like Anya who have lots of talent and take bigger leaps - but those big leaps have to come to an end eventually, otherwise we'd all be world record holders.

Sorry for the massive message - I'm very passionate about this area and could talk about it for England! 😅
yes, I meant Anya, sorry for the misspelling. And thanks for your explanation!

eyethinkyousuck

Chatty Member
Maybe her wrist is too small cos she’s sooooo petite (I’m nap trapped and bored)
This is a genuine possibility. I’ve got a Fenix 6S and I think my tiny wrists sometimes cause issues with detection.

I’ve also never had 170bpm HR doing cross trainer with wrist based HR either. That said I do mine for recovery at a low intensity anyway.

runlondon21

Chatty Member
I went to watch the video as I’ve never watched Lucy Davis and the bloody shoes 🤢 not a good sign. I’m guessing she’s never tried much other than Nike, if her only other running shoe attempt was Hokas that’s hardly trying variety to know Nike suits best. I’ve tried quite a few brands and I like Hoka trail shoes but the road shoes felt really strange to me. She’s also going to say Gymshark do the best running clothes when they sponsor her 😂 my saggy old lady boobs need a bit of strapping down and I like pockets on my leggings. I’m mostly just a bit jealous of these super strong young women though because I’m middle aged and not gifted athletically and couldn’t do one push up 😂😂 my trainers don’t have blood on them though 👍
I agree, I like Hoka trail shoes but not their road shoes. For some reason lots of gym influencers seem to be obsessed with Hokas now, I’m not sure why. I reckon a standard running brand like Brooks or Asics wasn’t flash enough for her so she’s kept to the Nikes. Every video of herself running, you can hear her stomping around like she’s wearing flippers 😂

The shoes must be way too small for her, with the amount of blisters and blood she seems to get. It’s frustrating that she perpetuates this as normal, instead of just going to a running shop and trying loads of different models until she finds one that doesn’t cause pain! If a shoe fits well, there’s no reason that should happen on some bog standard training run.

I also hate the “I have small boobs, I don’t need a supportive bra for cardio” nonsense. They’ve shown that your ligaments can get stretched out overtime regardless of breast size, so it’s a silly thing to go on about. Why not just wear an appropriate running bra?

I need your help (I hope this is allowed because I’ve looked everywhere and am at a loss): I’m seeking the perfect marathon running tights. They need to have two side pockets as minimum, preferably come in black, full length (possibly crop but not 7/8), and preferably high rise. And not extortionate. Can any women help?
I really like my lululemon fast and free which meet all your criteria, I think! I have the cropped version but I think they do 25’. Expensive but I’ve had mine for about 5 years, wash at least once a week and they’re still fine except for a bit of the the stitching is starting to come apart. Downsides is that the fabric is thin (so maybe not ideal for winter if you run cold).

Asgyui

VIP Member
Dont think its particularly a new thing but ive seen it recently pop up quite a few places 'AthletesMEET' website where UK Elite athletes are charging people to have a question answered (start from around £5) or from £25 for a call with them. I guess if there is a demand for it and people are willing to pay, but how much of these athletes will be actually qualified, wont they have a team of coaches, physio, strength specific coaches. I'm surprised run influencers haven't jumped on it yet

• Wow

Asgyui

VIP Member
I see Anya is now sponsored by UA, will she still be as fast without her Nike supershoes?
Is this instead of Saysky or as well as? I've heard terrible things about their gear, I've had few clothing bits in the past and found sizing super generous, XS will probably swap Anya!

Lemming312

VIP Member
I see Anya is now sponsored by UA, will she still be as fast without her Nike supershoes?
---
Someone mentioned Ben Parkes didn’t finish the Seville marathon last weekend. Was this on his strava as I’ve seen no mention of it on his insta and no yourube vid? I’ll be a bit disappointed if he doesn’t address it as it’s helpful to share the lows along with the highs. Especially considering he did a “one day to go” hype video for it!
Screenshot_20230223-200608.png