Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I see Jake Smith has come out saying he has RED-S now. Another one that I follow and have known has issues for months and months. He has been injured and manically trained on a CT to an insane extent and hasn't had an intervention sooner? His strava reads like some torture programme! Now has a sacral stress fracture which potentially could hamper his career for life.

Can't lie - this sport can be toxic at times!!
those cross trainer workouts looked brutal

Reactions: 1

irunforfun

VIP Member
Running with Jake: The Plodcast is about the only running related podcast I sometimes listen to. My other selections are very non-run related!

Tangotrousers66

I don’t understand her at all! Posts how terrible her run was and how she was meant to do 18 but done 20 and fast too! How is any of that a bad run? What she even training for? but 100% she will be injured in the next few weeks!
Pretty sure it was also faster than her marathon pb pace which is crazzzzyyyy to do in “training” . She must be doing Manchester marathon but still 6 weeks off she may be peaking too soon.

FPbase

my suggested Instagram accounts are all weirdos because of you lot. I actually only follow a few core numpties. It’s the searching for the freaks who are referenced here that means I get suggested more oddities.

63 miles for a half marathon training plan? That’s massive surely. Even Kellogs isn’t doing that much for a marathon!
Why she write like that?

Josims

different face but same outfit and double run day routine 6 years ago and she still hasnt become the elite athlete she reckons she has potential to be!
1674336154448.png

FPbase

I’ve never understood how people can run and race in shorts. I really feel the cold and no matter what the distance or pace, my limbs are always very very cold. Even in special warm running tights. I guess I’m very very very soft?!
If I'm racing, my body temperature raises like crazy. That's why I don't race in hot weather, I just struggle so much. But even me, I dress more than a bra in winter

FPbase

Is this instead of Saysky or as well as? I've heard terrible things about their gear, I've had few clothing bits in the past and found sizing super generous, XS will probably swap Anya!
Their shoes are awful!

runlondon21

Chatty Member
I need your help (I hope this is allowed because I’ve looked everywhere and am at a loss): I’m seeking the perfect marathon running tights. They need to have two side pockets as minimum, preferably come in black, full length (possibly crop but not 7/8), and preferably high rise. And not extortionate. Can any women help?
I’m a big fan of these Salomon ones, and they have two side pockets (but no other pockets): https://www.salomon.com/en-gb/shop-emea/product/cross-run-25-lc11702.html#color=73021

ChrisMay

Nannyontherun ( Runner Beans Mate ) is out of the brooks team and keeps doing some weird mask thing that makes me cringe as anything

Asgyui

VIP Member
Does anyone know what Callum’s degrees are actually in? If not sports related, then he’s just another fast runner resting on his laurels and thinking he’s good enough to coach. He sure loves to chat shit about Insta coaches on his Instagram profile but then is he really that much better?
BA History and MBA Business

• Haha

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
I’m quite new to running and training for a marathon. I get so cold, like my hands are freezing even with gloves. My nipples would pierce ice even with my long sleeve top and winter running jacket. I don’t know how people can run in just a bra, no one would want to see me like that either! Honestly, I wore thermal leggings on Sunday, and ended up aborting my run a mile and a half short because my hands and feet were numb from the cold… should I be doing my long runs in what I plan to wear in April? Or can I do that closer to the time?
Worry about that closer to the time!

No point worrying about it now if you're going to end up having to drop your mileage because you're too cold. That definitely won't help on marathon day!

simoneanderscam

Chatty Member
I really like my lululemon fast and free which meet all your criteria, I think! I have the cropped version but I think they do 25’. Expensive but I’ve had mine for about 5 years, wash at least once a week and they’re still fine except for a bit of the the stitching is starting to come apart. Downsides is that the fabric is thin (so maybe not ideal for winter if you run cold).
If Lululemon are a bit out of budget at the moment there’s a brand on Amazon that is a fantastic dupe - CRZY YOGA