Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Whilst on the subject of clothes can anyone recommend any good quality ladies long sleeved tops? Bonus if they do high vis colours for night running

Reactions: 1

Gogogem1234

Not cheap but I’ve a black pair from a brand with called Girlfriend collective. Two pockets, compressive and high rise. I wear them for winter training.
---
Another question for women (and I’m really surprised oh so tiny Sarah doesn’t complain about this). How do you get your chest HRM to fit? I’m small (but not Sarah small) and have to have it on its v tightest setting that just about works but it’s how to sit it around bra that a) doesn’t fall down and b) gives accurate reading. Any tips??? Mine ends up more inaccurate than my wrist HRM as can’t get it to fit right. Perhaps I should ask Sarah…
I find making it really wet helps and I also have bras with a big band at the bottom and I tuck it underneath. I do still have to adjust at times, but works a little better. They are definitely designed for men rather than women

notokhun

Chatty Member
I don’t understand her at all! Posts how terrible her run was and how she was meant to do 18 but done 20 and fast too! How is any of that a bad run? What she even training for? but 100% she will be injured in the next few weeks!
Makes no sense does it - was going to cut it short but then ended up doing more. Ah right ok hun whatever. Full on rubbish

GlassCup

They need an email then to complain surely. His disgusting rat can't keep getting into these events
---

He gives off serious stalker vibes, like the type of guy who will sneakily take a photo of you when you're not looking :sick:
No consent anyway, like he knows

Putridpumpkin

She wont let him have any chocolate in case he dares to invade her binging stash. You just know she is a nightmare parent, i bet the nursery hate her and the grandparents and Kyle just give in to all her diva demands.
That's some interesting reasoning I hadn't thought of but I bet you're right.

I don't have kids and never will so this left me scratching my head wondering why she's so paranoid about controlling his intake regarding sweets. I know some people think certain foods are so horribly unhealthy their kids should never have them (bad idea imho just sets them up for a binge/ restrict cycle later on) but this seems pretty ironic given how much binging she does on what would be considered junk foods. I mean I had sugar rationed a bit because my Mum was worried about my teeth, but nothing severe. She's just a control freak and is obsessed with extending that to every aspect of her son's life, unless there's some good reasoning that I'm missing? Any parents care to weigh in and educate me, because I'm open to changing my mind on this.

Last edited:

tallula09

I’m running London and am running 13,15 mile runs at the moment. I never follow any plans, it sucks all the fun out of running for me. I run long distances every month and I love it, not everyone running London will be following traditional plans.

It saddened me. I’m guessing motherhood has been a lot more demanding that she … expected? Idk
Fair play to her for owning it. She knows people will moan. Having said that at this point maybe u have reevaluate your life and say what is important running, freedom, or bringing up your child

I’m impressed with Kelly’s time, but won’t do that mileage.
Saw Runnerbeans congratulate everyone in her new reel then say she’s rebuilding her fitness… why? She wasn’t injured, she isn’t actually post partum!
There is no need to do 55 mile weeks for that time she runs way to much given her ability. Pretty sure most who around that time will do half the mileage. Wonder why she isn’t doing Manchester after pulling out at the last minute last year ?

I’m impressed with Kelly’s time, but won’t do that mileage.
Saw Runnerbeans congratulate everyone in her new reel then say she’s rebuilding her fitness… why? She wasn’t injured, she isn’t actually post partum!
Both of them are the least motivational runners ever.

I dunno why Charlie doesn’t try to own it (literally no one would blame her for running taking a back seat given she has a newborn baby). Is she out in NZ without her husband? Quite strange to be away from him for so long. I reckon she has a nanny

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I haven't but I follow her on insta (assume this is Emma Kirk-Odunubi you mean right?) and she seems really solid, no nonsense, knows what she's talking about. I've always thought of her more as a strength and conditioning person, though.
yes that’s her. Didn’t want to massacre the second part of her name with my atrocious spelling 😂 I also think she’s more S&C but she’s really pushing the marathon recently. I’m just being nosy 😂😂😂

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
ok, just chalked up as another shit thing for women! Until men have v small frames and need to wear bras I guess it’s not an issue 🙄
---
I find making it really wet helps and I also have bras with a big band at the bottom and I tuck it underneath. I do still have to adjust at times, but works a little better. They are definitely designed for men rather than women
Yeah I did that once but chafed massively so reluctant to try again.