Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw her post and ran here šŸ‘€šŸ‘€ I literally couldn't imagine leaving my child for so long....

I have a 5 and a 3 year old and one night away is enough from time to time and that doesn't happen that often. To be a 9 hour flight away for 9 days.... crazy!!!

As for deserving a break, Anna love, if you don't want to be a parent, you shouldn't have bleeping had a kid. The only person that deserves anything is your son, who you part time parent as it is

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It saddened me. Iā€™m guessing motherhood has been a lot more demanding that she ā€¦ expected? Idk
Fair play to her for owning it. She knows people will moan. Having said that at this point maybe u have reevaluate your life and say what is important running, freedom, or bringing up your child

Reactions: 1
She talks like she never have a break. She has plenty of full sleeping nights, and a bunch of nannies whenever she needs a long run, a race, a whatever!

I'm not saying she's bad mum (she is definitely not), but c'mon, don't talk like you haven't had a break in 2 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just donā€™t understand why she needs to post about it, like people really care. Just go on holiday and do your normal over exercising to counteract your binging. Donā€™t drag us all into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just seen this too - 9 days?! I mean good for them that they have grandparents willing to parent their child for that longā€¦but really?!

Iā€™m sure Runner Beans will be hot on her heels, she has been whinging on her stories about her newborn baby waking up three times last nightā€¦

I actually think fair play for her owning up to really not enjoying motherhood. I think there is this expectation that you should essentially cease to be your own independent being when you become a mum and expect that your appearance, career, mental well-being, any hobbies or interests and friendships need to go by the wayside.
Itsalso a bullshit expectation that fathers arenā€™t held to.

Also duck taking a toddler on a plane

Reactions: 9
I personally think breaks as a couple are a good thing when youā€™ve got young kids. You are so tired all the time and everything is about the kid that you can find it hard to prioritise your own relationship and remember why you liked each other in the first place! But I def couldnā€™t do 9 days or be that far away. No way!

Reactions: 4
Outside of the can of worms surrounding leaving her kid, it was so charming of Anna to throw Kyle under the bus by saying he doesn't feel guilty at all. She chucks in comments like that now and then, juxtaposing her attitude with his so he comes off like a distant or flat out bad parent. I don't know how he puts up with it, but he's such a wet blanket it's hard to feel sorry for him at this point.

Also love her dedication to environmentalism and true sacrifice to combat climate change. Posts this on 28 December, flies to Orlando less than a month later. I mean have your holidays if you want but don't pretend to care or suggest that your compulsive buggy runs somehow offset jetting off to America plus all the mountains of meat you'll likely be binging on while you're there.

28 dec anna.jpg

Reactions: 5
I actually think fair play for her owning up to really not enjoying motherhood. I think there is this expectation that you should essentially cease to be your own independent being when you become a mum and expect that your appearance, career, mental well-being, any hobbies or interests and friendships need to go by the wayside.
Itsalso a bullshit expectation that fathers arenā€™t held to.

Also duck taking a toddler on a plane
I would not take a toddler on a long flight like that, and to be fair he probably wouldn't enjoy it that much/remember going. My husband took our eldest to Disneyland for 2 weeks with his family, the younger ones were 9 months and 1.5 years and there was no way I would have taken them, but I also wouldn't have left them with my parents for 2 weeks (a week yes).

I just donā€™t understand why she needs to post about it, like people really care. Just go on holiday and do your normal over exercising to counteract your binging. Donā€™t drag us all into it.
Exactly this. Why invite all the criticism?

The pretending to feel guilty is infinitely worse than taking the holiday itself. If she felt that bloody guilty she wouldn't be doing it. Just like with the supposed environmentalism and everything else, she wants to have her cake and eat it too. She's looking for headpats, playing martyr, pleading with people to praise her, tell her she deserves a break and she's the best mum in the world. Which on two counts is just, well, nope. Her entire life is one huge break and while I'm not going down the route of bad mum, because obviously not, she definitely makes some very questionable decisions which suggest she should have considered being a parent and all it entails far more carefully than she did.

And I would apply exactly the same criticisms if she was a man. I don't understand why just because mums get an unfair amount of flack sometimes it's suddenly okay to say and do pretty much anything just because men have it easier when it comes to judgment (from most, certainly not from me).

I'm all for mums (and dads) having a break, not sure why you need to give a speech about it.

If I leave my childrens with my mother for 9 days....hahahahaha, nah! she would kill me. She already raised her children, now she's having fun

• Haha
9 days is a huge amount of time to leave an 18 month old, why?! And a huge amount of time to ask/expect grandparents to look after him!
Bloody hell, I get wanting a break or a full nights sleep, but go away for a weekend short haul if thatā€™s the case, why the need to go for so long/so far away when heā€™s so young, for no particular reason ?! I would have sworn she would have gone for a weekend to do a race, it doesnā€™t even seem like the holiday is for any particular occasion ?And she has had many many nights of him staying with grandparents so not like she hasnā€™t had a my rest compared to the average parent of a toddler.

This Matt Fox chap seems to be a bit of a "character"
His biggest gripe seems to be that Bester wasn't giving him a bigger cut of the pie

RE Anna.

Iā€™m amazed. Fair play to her if thatā€™s what she wants to do, and I agree with others saying that it can be a really vital thing for your relationship.

I guess that Iā€™m a little jealous that 1) she can disconnect enough from her baby to go that far away for that long, 2) they have the money to do that, and 3) they have the support from their parents to be able to do it.

Iā€™ve had one night away with my partner in 8 years and that was hard enough to convince my parents to agree to.

Itā€™s a tricky one with Anna. I would totally bring the baby as they are essentially free until age 2 to fly and bring to Disney so I would see it as a fab opportunity, plus can parent swap on rides etc. And toddlers love the parades and meet and greets. Iā€™ve taken mine at 9 months, 2 and 3 and they have had the most wonderful time. Itā€™s not always a negetive.

I donā€™t begrudge her time away, my children would be going crazy at that age for 9 days away though, they would not enjoy it at all now and they are much older. A weekend away is much better. Iā€™ve always found myself refreshed and ready to take on parenting again after 2/3 days away on an adventure. I need my own space from time to time.

BUT the only reason she wrote the post was to validate herself with her followers and get praise and ā€˜you do youā€™ comments. If she felt that guilty she simply wouldnā€™t have entertained a long holiday without her toddler with neither parent at home.

Everyone parents differently, and priorities different things, for Anna she definitely puts herself first and her son is extremely fortunate to have large support network for child minding and holidays. I'm sure she has had many weekends away child free already in the past year so i certainly don't buy the nonsense, they need a break. At least her baby wont be forced to spend his daily nursery commute in a freezing buggy just so Anna can get her runs in.

I can understand the wish for a couples break - having children can be completely different to how you expected it to be and she clearly struggles with the reduced freedom to do what she wants, when she wants. A break I can therefore understand.

Butā€¦9 days and a long haul flight donā€™t make sense. How either of them can feel that itā€™s ok for them to ā€œget to be big kidsā€ and be so far away should anything happen. Should Isaac get really distressed when he realises theyā€™re away for more than 24hrs. And 9 days is a very long time for an 18 month old, even when heā€™s used to staying with the twins so frequently.

Would I go on a couples break? Probably.
Would I go for 9 days across the pond without my 18mth old? Hell no.

I thought she was still bf? Poor Issac, but he will of learnt from a early age where he falls in the pecking order!
For someone who claims to be environmentally friendly and even had audacity to moan about finances, long haul flights and 9 days accommodation in a place like Orlando wont come cheap!
If they really wanted a break - why not have a weekend away just as a couple, then a family holiday some where shorter flight like Canaries which can be lovely this time of year.
Its hardly going to be a romantic 9 days away, it will revolve around Anna getting loads of runs in, excessive daily step goals, probably structured planned bedroom antics so Anna can increase that cardio, then binging each night on uncultured beige rubbish.

• Haha
I thought she was still bf? Poor Issac, but he will of learnt from a early age where he falls in the pecking order!
For someone who claims to be environmentally friendly and even had audacity to moan about finances, long haul flights and 9 days accommodation in a place like Orlando wont come cheap!
If they really wanted a break - why not have a weekend away just as a couple, then a family holiday some where shorter flight like Canaries which can be lovely this time of year.
Its hardly going to be a romantic 9 days away, it will revolve around Anna getting loads of runs in, excessive daily step goals, probably structured planned bedroom antics so Anna can increase that cardio, then binging each night on uncultured beige rubbish.
lol exactly this!

The debate about whether to bring him or not just shows that they (the adults) are the priority, not him or the whole family - they had decided that they were going to Orlando irrespective of bringing him.
Most people would consider where is best for the whole family (kids included)- like you said above, canaries or similar is good if you want sun this time of year, short haul so good for toddler. Iā€™m not saying you canā€™t fly long haul with a toddler, many people do, but usually itā€™s for a particular reason - visiting family/an event etc. and most people who do leave their child tend to minimise travel and stay nearby.

Theres going to be so much over indulgent gross food on constant show on insta too!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.