• Gimme the UA moon boots

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Salomon trail freebies

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Asics make me a frontrunner

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread time!!!

Title win goes to @runningbutnotinfluencing, censored slightly due to a swear (I know it’s tame but thems the rules). Title would be: Running Instagrammers #6 - Never take advice from this bunch of dicks.

Small recap (it’s hard when there’s SO many Runfluencers right?!)
• Runnerbeans still at it with poorly declared ADs
• Gen has gone from anti vax to full on anti science (and anti common sense)
• Coffeetits did MUIT on a whim in Mizuno this time, not his beloved inov8… also has broken into reel shoe reviews, we all think he should reely f*ck off
• Anna is still moaning (she reminds me of PMG?)
• Gropebus is somehow still pacing even after making the tabloids
• Fudgie has become INSTAFUDGIE coz of tattle so please do use his new name. I’d like tattle to come up with that search too!
• There are separate threads for Team Wellogs (welshrunner and kellogs on the run), This Girl Can Run Far and Project Marathon Girl - so please don’t derail this thread with sh*t about them when they have their own spaces!

Happy tattling!!!

Old thread -

Reactions: 17
New thread time!!!

Title win goes to @runningbutnotinfluencing, censored slightly due to a swear (I know it’s tame but thems the rules). Title would be: Running Instagrammers #6 - Never take advice from this bunch of dicks.

• Coffeetits did MUIT on a whim in Mizuno this time, not his beloved inov8… also has broken into reel shoe reviews, we all think he should reely f*ck off
• Fudgie has become INSTAFUDGIE coz of tattle so please do use his new name. I’d like tattle to come up with that search too!
• There are separate threads for Team Wellogs (welshrunner and kellogs on the run), This Girl Can Run Far and Project Marathon Girl - so please don’t derail this thread with sh*t about them when they have their own spaces!

Happy tattling!!!

Old thread -
Great recap, as always!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
New thread time!!!

Happy tattling!!!

Old thread -
Can always rely on you for an impeccable recap 😃

• Heart
Recap is superb, well done.
I knew it’d be censored but it instantly came to me due to rhyming.
Will need to think of PG versions in future :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not any of our regular UK instatwats, but I came accross this thread on LetsRun regarding a US family of influencers who forced their 6 year old to run a marathon with them. Apparently in tears for 8.5 hours. bleeping ridiculous, reading into it, it seems they make all their kids participate in marathons and ultras so they can make a living off selling merch and making 'content'.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Not any of our regular UK instatwats, but I came accross this thread on LetsRun regarding a US family of influencers who forced their 6 year old to run a marathon with them. Apparently in tears for 8.5 hours. bleeping ridiculous, reading into it, it seems they make all their kids participate in marathons and ultras so they can make a living off selling merch and making 'content'.

That’s utterly disgusting and so are most of the comments on that thread!

Reactions: 6

I do remember kids running marathons during lockdown… and did a lot of eyebrow raising then! This sounds even worse.

That is so sad. Mentally marathons can be tough especially if you're not enjoying it. That poor kid. Even if he had begged them to do, when he said he wanted to stop and got upset they should have respected his choice.

The comments in that are just crazy too

I was going to share this story! Here’s the Runners World article about what happened if you don’t want to sort through the forum: https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/new...nXAm3F0ek16-ht8rIfs7lWgdjrMnDteHjAXor6GaqEido.

Absolutely awful - he was crying and wanted to stop every few minutes to sit down and his mum kept bribing him with the promise of Pringles to keep going. Children are not physically or mentally prepared to do a marathon - can’t believe the parents (and race director!) allowed it!

That’s awful. I’m shocked that races would permit kids to enter.
That race has an 18+ age limit, but apparently that family has run as bandits in previous years (with several of their other kids) and the race director claimed it was safer for them to enter properly. She probably thought it would be a cute, feel good story but it blew up in her face massively!

• Wow
As a physio I find this total abhorrent. It is not recommended that children as young as him participate in such high intensity exercise/training for a reason: their epiphyseal plates are still present and high intensity/impact sport can cause numerous issues including severs disease and growth plate fractures.
As a parent I feel it's just utter stupidity to say 'but he wanted to 🤪'. Yes children are able to make certain decisions themselves but there is a point were you need to step in! You are the adult here with far better reasoning skills ffs. If a child wanted to go out in minus 12 degrees without a coat you don't bleeping let them you ignoramus! Your job is to protect them from their decisions and give them permission to hand off that responsibility to you. Honestly I do wonder how certain people have made it this far in life

Reactions: 15
As a physio I find this total abhorrent. It is not recommended that children as young as him participate in such high intensity exercise/training for a reason: their epiphyseal plates are still present and high intensity/impact sport can cause numerous issues including severs disease and growth plate fractures.
As a parent I feel it's just utter stupidity to say 'but he wanted to 🤪'. Yes children are able to make certain decisions themselves but there is a point were you need to step in! You are the adult here with far better reasoning skills ffs. If a child wanted to go out in minus 12 degrees without a coat you don't bleeping let them you ignoramus! Your job is to protect them from their decisions and give them permission to hand off that responsibility to you. Honestly I do wonder how certain people have made it this far in life
Basically child abuse in the name of Instagram content 🤢

They’ve done this to all their kids and they even hiked the full length of the Appalachian Trail when one of them was 4, I believe. The parents love to say the kids chose to do this, but I have a hard time believing the kids enjoy this! I alsohighly doubt they would feel comfortable telling their parents no!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Basically child abuse in the name of Instagram content 🤢

They’ve done this to all their kids and they even hiked the full length of the Appalachian Trail when one of them was 4, I believe. The parents love to say the kids chose to do this, but I have a hard time believing the kids enjoy this! I alsohighly doubt they would feel comfortable telling their parents no!
It absolutely is child abuse! Disgusting.

This is honestly horrific. Who puts their small child through this? Did they consider his growth? His bones? Fuel? The fact he was bleeping stopping every 3 minutes. Jesus bleeping Christ. If he’s stopping every 3 mins, you’d over rule a 6 year old and pull the plug. What utter wankers. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Sad
Having seen Gen’s stories today I have diagnosed* the cause of her health problems. She’s eating about a kilo of salt with her meals. The food is absolutely drowning in it.

*not an actual diagnosis because I’m not a qualified doctor

• Haha
Do we think Runnerbeans is getting her sessions with PT for free or is she actually paying for something?

Reactions: 1
Do we think Runnerbeans is getting her sessions with PT for free or is she actually paying for something?
Not sure but should there not being some ad/gifted tags in the stories from today? Looks like an event which means likely freebies

Not sure but should there not being some ad/gifted tags in the stories from today? Looks like an event which means likely freebies
Yes should’ve been AD. Other attendees tagged as an AD, but as usual she’s above that.
I screenshotted and reported to ASA.

Reactions: 5
Having seen Gen’s stories today I have diagnosed* the cause of her health problems. She’s eating about a kilo of salt with her meals. The food is absolutely drowning in it.

*not an actual diagnosis because I’m not a qualified doctor
I thought the same, but it's probably some magic salt that will reverse the aging process and balance her hormones 😁

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.