Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kipchode

Quick public service announcement!

Paul the perv is currently running a 100 miler, meaning for the next 24-36 hours he won’t be deleting Instagram comments! Now’s the time!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

flyscraper

Oh I forgot i heard some good Bester gossip recently. He tried to get his "club" officially enrolled as part of the local cross country league. This was suggested/ moved/ whatever you call it at the league AGM. Someone asked 'who is this guy/ what's this club" and it was explained it's a profit making instagram based business and they said "no way" and denied him hahahah

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Fifah1907

VIP Member
Slightly OT (sorry, I love a tangent 😂) but I did my first 10k on Sunday and somehow came away with a 56:08, thank you to all the people smashing much longer runs on here for motivating meeeeeee 😘😘

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
So Charlie is fast becoming the most annoying ex-ultra runner, newly turned gym bunny out there. We know you read here Charlie so this is my summary of things you need to stop doing, or start doing from someone who has also been an ultra runner and also has done lots in the gym.

1. Stop straining to look a certain way. It is obvious you want your face to look thinner. Why?

2. Stop posting pictures of yourself posing and showing off your “gainz”. It really isn’t becoming. You might be proud of yourself. But you have the privilege of being at home all day, with the money and time to exercise for hours at a time so really, in the grand scheme of things, is it something to be that proud of (compare to a key worker through the pandemic for example, looking after their family on their own)?

3. Stop telling everyone how great strength is. WE ALL KNOW. Some people (shock horror) only do weights. Wow! Imagine that. They have never run in their lives Charlie. Could you even?

4. Stop going on about your holiday and what it will stop you doing in terms of exercise and what classes you are going to do when you are there. Do you realise how lucky you are to be even going away? Doubt it. Instead of moaning about “missing the gym”, think about all those people who circumstances don’t even allow them to go to the gym let alone a holiday to Greece.

5. Start checking your privilege. Give your gifted items away instead of selling them. Stop begging for collaborations.

6. Tell people how they can get strong on limited time and equipment instead of the 2+ hours a day you are doing, seeing as you are now the expert.

7. Stop making other people feel crap when you are holding your stomach in and sucking your neck in. There is one word for that and I am not going to repeat it here.

Phew.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

snapdrag0n

VIP Member
New thread time!!!

Title win goes to @runningbutnotinfluencing, censored slightly due to a swear (I know it’s tame but thems the rules). Title would be: Running Instagrammers #6 - Never take advice from this bunch of dicks.

Small recap (it’s hard when there’s SO many Runfluencers right?!)
• Runnerbeans still at it with poorly declared ADs
• Gen has gone from anti vax to full on anti science (and anti common sense)
• Coffeetits did MUIT on a whim in Mizuno this time, not his beloved inov8… also has broken into reel shoe reviews, we all think he should reely f*ck off
• Anna is still moaning (she reminds me of PMG?)
• Gropebus is somehow still pacing even after making the tabloids
• Fudgie has become INSTAFUDGIE coz of tattle so please do use his new name. I’d like tattle to come up with that search too!
• There are separate threads for Team Wellogs (welshrunner and kellogs on the run), This Girl Can Run Far and Project Marathon Girl - so please don’t derail this thread with sh*t about them when they have their own spaces!

Happy tattling!!!

Old thread -

Reactions: 17

Kipchode

Not any of our regular UK instatwats, but I came accross this thread on LetsRun regarding a US family of influencers who forced their 6 year old to run a marathon with them. Apparently in tears for 8.5 hours. Fucking ridiculous, reading into it, it seems they make all their kids participate in marathons and ultras so they can make a living off selling merch and making 'content'.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Looooong long time lurker but I am raging at the fact that he thinks he can rock up to a 70.3 with a sea swim and blag his way through off next to no swim training (or actual triathlon training at all). So many things about his approach to this are BS.

I’m a triathlete and racing at Swansea 70.3. It pisses me off that he’s got a place, it sold out very quickly so he’s robbing someone else of a place who would actually train for it. He needs a swim coach pronto and to get swimming at least 2 or 3 times a week if he’s gonna make it without a) being dragged out or b) burning all his matches and bonking on the bike. It’s fucking irresponsible to just assume - unless you have actually swam a lot in the past - that you can turn up with no training and wing it. Open water race swimming in mass starts is scary (I was swam over repeatedly, had my legs grabbed, ducked under, at a recent race with only a couple of hundred people in my start) and unless he’s planning on starting at the back with the slower swimmers where it tends to be a bit less frenetic, he’s in for a MASSIVE shock.
I could go on and on about his approach to bike training and lack of brick running or fueling or transition practice? Or the fact he doesn’t mention any practice tris before then?

I know and follow many people of many abilities and experience who do triathlons and I have never seen such little respect to what it actually takes. Moron. Even if he somehow does make it round because of some inherent aerobic ability/bloody mindedness, it’s a terrible example to be setting to others, which is what he’s doing by posting about it.

It’s gotta be a DNS. I really can’t see how he expects to be ready for it in 7.5 weeks unless he radically changes his training.

Looooong long time lurker but I am raging at the fact that he thinks he can rock up to a 70.3 with a sea swim and blag his way through off next to no swim training (or actual triathlon training at all). So many things about his approach to this are BS.

I’m a triathlete and racing at Swansea 70.3. It pisses me off that he’s got a place, it sold out very quickly so he’s robbing someone else of a place who would actually train for it. He needs a swim coach pronto and to get swimming at least 2 or 3 times a week if he’s gonna make it without a) being dragged out or b) burning all his matches and bonking on the bike. It’s fucking irresponsible to just assume - unless you have actually swam a lot in the past - that you can turn up with no training and wing it. Open water race swimming in mass starts is scary (I was swam over repeatedly, had my legs grabbed, ducked under, at a recent race with only a couple of hundred people in my start) and unless he’s planning on starting at the back with the slower swimmers where it tends to be a bit less frenetic, he’s in for a MASSIVE shock.
I could go on and on about his approach to bike training and lack of brick running or fueling or transition practice? Or the fact he doesn’t mention any practice tris before then?

I know and follow many people of many abilities and experience who do triathlons and I have never seen such little respect to what it actually takes. Moron. Even if he somehow does make it round because of some inherent aerobic ability/bloody mindedness, it’s a terrible example to be setting to others, which is what he’s doing by posting about it.

It’s gotta be a DNS. I really can’t see how he expects to be ready for it in 7.5 weeks unless he radically changes his training.
I got so excited with my reply I posted on the wrong thread 🙈 apologies

Last edited:
  • Heart

irunforfun

VIP Member
My issue with Cat is that it’s always self-serving. Why didn’t she get angry about her dad’s male friend (Gropebus) being dismissed from his job for sexually assaulting another man? Why does she still meet up with him and not use her activism to stop him pacing marathons all over the world? Why does she think sexually assaulting a man is ok, because it was “high jinks”?! Because it doesn’t fit her narrative. Sexual assault of any kind is not on. Full stop. For me, I just don’t believe her authenticity anymore. I don’t buy that she gets cat-called multiple times every run (unless they are simply calling her name?!). What’s happened in the US (and what continues to happen in parts of the UK where whilst not illegal, abortions are refused or limited to a much lower than legal number of weeks) is truly horrifying. But I feel Cat is just using this to promote herself.

• Heart

Paperclip22

So "Runner of 4" has made a "motivational" reel showing her alarm set for 5:40am every day and getting up to run. You know the type... aggressive voiceover shouting about showing up and not quitting and being a failure 🙄

Well, I looked at her Strava and, yes she consistently "shows up", runs a lot of miles, gets great results... all very impressive... but absolutely does not get up at 5:40 every day to run. Maybe once a week. Looks like most runs are done after school drop off. Lucky her.

I thought she worked but obviously not full time. I hate these things that imply you lack strength of character for not being consistent with your hobby. People are struggling to put food on the table for their kids while working every hour that God sends, don't make them feel like shit for not running 10 miles at 6am every day.

• Heart

Putridpumpkin

I never believe any of these people who claim to have run marathons and ultras with no training. It's just become the latest trend to seem laid-back and cool; to make everything seem effortless because for some reason that's become desirable (not to me - I value hard work). It's the running equivalent of those kids who said they'd just aced their exams with no revision, when in reality they'd been studying like crazy.

Just like everything else in the world of social media, take these grandiose statements with a heavy grain of salt and a healthy degree of skepticism. Remember, most of them have narcissistic traits, if not a full-on personality disorder.

Reactions: 15
I’ve been parkrunning for a really long time and find myself increasingly disillusioned with it. I was an ED for over 7 years and recently stopped as I literally couldn’t fucking stand seeing the same 200 people there every week but having to scrabble round for volunteers on a Thursday night, we had a really unpleasant family that walked every week that led to us finding it literally impossible to get a tail Walker as no one wanted to be stuck with them for an hour, endless bureaucracy and box ticking, abuse of runners for something they haven’t paid for - once on a fucking horror of a day weather wise both timing devices packed up and I had to give everyone (about 175 people) a time of 59:59, the abuse that came in through the email was insane. Unpopular opinion but I liked it when you’d get 20 odd people and it was a time trial…

• Sad
As a physio I find this total abhorrent. It is not recommended that children as young as him participate in such high intensity exercise/training for a reason: their epiphyseal plates are still present and high intensity/impact sport can cause numerous issues including severs disease and growth plate fractures.
As a parent I feel it's just utter stupidity to say 'but he wanted to 🤪'. Yes children are able to make certain decisions themselves but there is a point were you need to step in! You are the adult here with far better reasoning skills ffs. If a child wanted to go out in minus 12 degrees without a coat you don't fucking let them you ignoramus! Your job is to protect them from their decisions and give them permission to hand off that responsibility to you. Honestly I do wonder how certain people have made it this far in life

instaclowns

VIP Member
Running Instagrammers #7 - The hard lives of the gifted brigade full sending their boomshakalakas in desperation for validation

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I follow a psychologist who is very into promoting healthy behaviours at the moment and yesterday she posted something saying that you should delete any account that

1. posts before/afters
2. is into what I eat in a day/obviously does body checking
3. posts lots of pictures/videos of their physique.

These accounts are all demonstrating aspects of disordered behaviour in relation to food, body image etc.

Ok then… Charlie, Jemma (you still do it), Jordan, Fiona, Coffeetits, Fudgie… need I go on?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

Vixen88

VIP Member
Instagram at the minute is a very weird place. All the runners have changed so much and most now think they are celebrities and elite runners.
This. The likes of Charlie complain it has changed, it isn’t what it used to be. They’re all the ones changing it! No end of gifted things and trips, sponsored posts, ambassadors or this and that. Secretive about next races, paces, plans, training schedules…

I dunno, I’ve unfollowed a lot of them now. It’s no longer a genuinely happy parkrun photo with friends, a story of running a pretty route, a post with a distance/time stamp, a mini review of some shorts you’ve bought and recommend, following along the ups and downs of their training for a particular race…

• Heart
Runnerbeans has actually annoyed the shit out of me with that infertility post. Telling women to not post pictures of how proud they are of their pregnant bodies is just fucking ridiculous. Just because something triggers a negative emotion in you it doesn't mean that it should be censored. Also these women are not saying 'you're body is not strong because you can't have a child'. Why do people have to turn every little thing around to be about themselves?
I don't struggle with infertility and I'm sure it's incredibly devastating but I have suffered from abuse when I was a child and have had an eating disorder for more than half my life. There are posts that trigger very negative emotions in me but that's not the case for everyone who sees them, it is my own reaction to them that is upsetting. Don't expect everyone on the Internet to feel the same way you do and don't expect them to fucking tiptoe round you for fear of upsetting you.

• Heart
The brooks run happy team are all off an amazing abroad trip… which seems a bit at odds with how much they drone on about sustainability and environmentalism being a core part of the business. Don’t give lip service to it for good PR then fly 20 odd folk out for a weekend freebie

Reactions: 13

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I am so angry.

This morning my main thread poster person was banging on about celery in water being healthier than normal water and wanging on about her shit book that contains minging food that she claims is good for MH.
Now Charlie is back claiming she wants to “reduce the stigma about working towards better minds”.

Not really hun. Taking St John’s Wort can greatly limit the effectiveness of antidepressants and can have lethal consequences if taken together (it can lead to a massive increase in serotonin). It has not been found to have a positive impact on depression. It should not be used to try to treat mental ill health. There is so much research out there about this.

This on a par with people who are experiencing mild periods of sadness saying that exercise cured their depression. MDD is a severe MH condition. It results in people not being able to get out of bed, wash, eat or sleep. Telling sufferers to go for a 5k run or do strength (looking at you Charlie) is pointless. They need intervention via medication or therapy. Targeted intervention. Not a narcissistic ex-ultra runner telling them to take a useless herbal concoction.

I am reporting her for misinformation regarding health science.

Reactions: 13