Running Instagrammers #4 Fumble bus, sell out runners and Nick ‘do as I please’ Bester?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder what the people living there make of it all. A bunch of self obsessed weirdos rocking up and videoing their homes and then constantly talking to themselves on a phone screen
If I went to the track and some fat, hairy yokel was on his phone videoing himself I would purposefully drop him like a bleeping hot stone on every single run. Whatever we all think of the Welsh Moaner, he is at the least a decent runner. And he got dropped HARD in sessions. That fat lad has got zero bleeping chance. A PR PB of 21mins? Mate that’s not even close to a warm up for the Kenyans.

Reactions: 7
I dont think fondlebus will be at the running show. Imagine if he saw some bloke taking their trousers off to run on a treadmill.
1642767928008.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Turns out I actually follow her on Strava, could never figure out who she was or why I was following her, anyway today I was scrolling through Strava and I saw her run from this morning and it twigged! And guess what? She's injured. Didn't see that coming did we 🙄
I know!!! And what, about three weeks deep into her training? She said on her stories she is predisposed to this hip injury since her swimming days, so if she knows that, why is she out here training like an absolute moron?

Reactions: 3
So is Paul the grope and pervbus Addicott going to be at the Running show this weekend? I'm just not sure if it's safe for my husband to go there if he is 🤪
Fondlebus has been cancelled by just about everyone at this stage, he won't pacing anytime soon, no more freebies.

My other half made an interesting point. People are more than willing to call out people for whistling at female runners or sexist things been shouted at us while running. However because Fondlebus groped a male, no on is calling him out about it on social media or saying what he did was wrong. Cat the fake whistler will keep her mouth shut of course (proved by her love of the sex pest Fudgie), however no one is naming and shaming. It would be different if it was a female that he fondled.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My other half made an interesting point. People are more than willing to call out people for whistling at female runners or sexist things been shouted at us while running. However because Fondlebus groped a male, no on is calling him out about it on social media or saying what he did was wrong. Cat the fake whistler will keep her mouth shut of course (proved by her love of the sex pest Fudgie), however no one is naming and shaming. It would be different if it was a female that he fondled.
100% agree with this. Sorry for sense of humour failure but I also find the 'my husband wouldn't be safe with him" type jokes pretty poor taste too. Firstly, it's got more than a whiff of homophobia. Secondly, sexual assault like that which the Mirror article described him doing isn't about sexual preferences or anything to do with desire, it's about abusing your power over someone. I really don't think its something to make jokes about.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
100% agree with this. Sorry for sense of humour failure but I also find the 'my husband wouldn't be safe with him" type jokes pretty poor taste too. Firstly, it's got more than a whiff of homophobia. Secondly, sexual assault like that which the Mirror article described him doing isn't about sexual preferences or anything to do with desire, it's about abusing your power over someone. I really don't think its something to make jokes about.
Part of Sexual assualt is abusing ones power over someone. That's exactly what Paul did. The jokes may be poor taste to some which I'm sure people can understand. If you look back on the previous tattle forum you will find endless amounts of posts condemning his actions... However if you look on Instagram you will see nothing of the kind. Why is that?

Reactions: 4
I too have a “sense of humour failure” when it comes to anything relating to abuse and felt uncomfortable reading that comment. I also agree with others that were his victim female, it would be a very different response by the influenzers. It’s not ok to abuse women and it’s not ok to abuse men (and it’s not ok to abuse children and animals, just to be clear).

Part of Sexual assualt is abusing ones power over someone. That's exactly what Paul did. The jokes may be poor taste to some which I'm sure people can understand. If you look back on the previous tattle forum you will find endless amounts of posts condemning his actions... However if you look on Instagram you will see nothing of the kind. Why is that?
Oh yes, sorry, I'm not saying people here are blase about it generally or not calling him out, I'm just not comfortable with the jokey aspect of it (and thats not just here, have seen it on twitter too). I think generally that if it was a female victim, no one would make those kind of jokes, so why should a male victim be treated any differently?

• Heart
probably because its anonymous in here and I don't see anyone calling people out personally for anything on Insta never mind anything so serious like this. His insta friends won't be real friends so they will just prefer to say nothing.

Reactions: 1
Oh yes, sorry, I'm not saying people here are blase about it generally or not calling him out, I'm just not comfortable with the jokey aspect of it (and thats not just here, have seen it on twitter too). I think generally that if it was a female victim, no one would make those kind of jokes, so why should a male victim be treated any differently?
That's a fair statement. I've got a second opinion (my hubster) and he said that sexual assualt is different when it's a woman, however he wasn't able to tell me why. Answers the question really, which is sad. What Paul did was wrong and I'm glad he is being punished for it and I hope brand don't work with him ever again. I do hope people call him out on social media because it's wrong what he did

That's a fair statement. I've got a second opinion (my hubster) and he said that sexual assualt is different when it's a woman, however he wasn't able to tell me why. Answers the question really, which is sad. What Paul did was wrong and I'm glad he is being punished for it and I hope brand don't work with him ever again. I do hope people call him out on social media because it's wrong what he did
My guess is, it's a "likelihood" thing.

This whole thing made me realise that technically (ok, not even technically) I was sexually assaulted by a colleague back in something like 2011 when he slapped my arse while I was under a desk plugging something in.

Was it mildly embarrassing? Sure. Did everyone in the office laugh? Yeah. Including me, albeit of course that might have been face saving subconscious reaction to just join in.

But what's the likelihood anything worse than that would have happened to me? Pretty much nil.
What's the likelihood something like that will ever happen to me again? Pretty much nil.

Because I'm a man.

So, rightly or wrongly, I think we perceive it as worse for women because statistically it's probably the tip of the iceberg, whereas for a bloke something like that is probably a once or twice in a lifetime sort of thing that isn't likely to result in anything worse happening.

I'm no expert, but that's how it feels to me if that makes any sense?

Reactions: 6
The thing is though if I wasn’t on here I wouldn’t have a clue about it. So surely that could be the case for loads of people? One article in one paper right? Which I get is the point some are making, that if it was a woman way more coverage. Get that. But you can’t really blame people for this unless you absolutely know they are aware and ignoring it?? Not a defence of anything or anyone I just think silence could be total lack of awareness too. Although the Brooks lot clearly know tbf so I agree with what was said about all the free stuff on the same day

And most of the people commenting clearly don’t know what it’s about which is what I’m saying above.

This is still performative imo. Posting something vague isn’t really doing something. Yes, it could start a discussion but it’s not calling anything out.

Reactions: 2
I agree that I don’t think many of the people commenting on Ben’s IG post know what he is referring to but I do know that Cat does know because she has unfollowed funbus and if Cat knows, I imagine it IS being discussed between that group. But no one will say anything because they fear…appearing authentic with their activism? Human? Having morals?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.