Running Instagrammers #4 Fumble bus, sell out runners and Nick ‘do as I please’ Bester?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know nothing about photography and I can see that's a crap photo. The background is nice enough but the runner is out of focus. Imagine your wedding photos looking like this 😲
I've taken better with my phone.

Reactions: 1
I know nothing about photography and I can see that's a crap photo. The background is nice enough but the runner is out of focus. Imagine your wedding photos looking like this 😲
I've taken better with my phone.
Tbf, his photos will actually look ok on Instagram and other socials because they compress and reduce image quality upon upload. Tack Sharp photos still hold some quality when uploading but sometimes it completely kills an image! Ahh all this talk of my passion and I now I can’t wait to finish maternity leave 🤦🏽‍♀️

Tbf, his photos will actually look ok on Instagram and other socials because they compress and reduce image quality upon upload. Tack Sharp photos still hold some quality when uploading but sometimes it completely kills an image! Ahh all this talk of my passion and I now I can’t wait to finish maternity leave 🤦🏽‍♀️
Interesting to see your stuff for comparison on the shite and the glorious!

All depends on what you’re trying to achieve/the theme of the photography. Aperture is the cause of the blur (bokeh in photography terms) and if you’re focussing on a subject and want the that to be to main focus in the frame then you’ll have a low stop to cause the blur. If you want everything in focus, say a busy dance floor or the confetti throw outside a church for a wedding then you’d ensure you’d set up for that. There’s one or two photos that are nice on the rasselbock Flickr page he’s uploaded but honestly anyone could capture, it’s nothing creative but the majority are so off and his focus point is all wrong. He’s either missed the focus or using horrible auto focus settings. Don’t get me started on some of his editing and presents (almost like a photo filter)!

I’ve seen so many people take a photo of him with his camera and the amount of them that you can see auto mode selected is funny. A photographer or claim to be a photographer would never shoot in auto! He’s just a guy who has dropped a load of cash if decent gear which is pretty much him all over. All the gear and no idea as they say.

There, that’s my morning rant that for once isn’t aimed at my husband this time of the month 🤷🏽‍♀️😂
Ha! Happy to help. 😂

Appreciate the insight, thank you for sharing!

Hey Cat, we know you are reading this… why do you bang on about womens rights/sexual assault yet continue to be mates with that fat ponce Fudgie? Any comment on pickupthepenispaul too?
Come on Cat. Back up what you ramble on about and post something shutting down the two sex pests Paul and Fudgie. Oh that's right you won't because they are part of your little influencer gang who are untouchable... unless you are around Paul then he will touch you up hahaha

Reactions: 7
Just popping in to share my seething anger at videos like this -

TL;DW - Chap decides to run a marathon that's 9 weeks away, doesn't run half his long runs, picks up a 'calf muscle rupture' 2 weeks before the marathon, takes two days off, realises 10 days before the marathon he's not actually bought a ticket for said marathon and at that point entries are closed so then cries to the organisers about it, chap runs marathon in 3:34.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Just popping in to share my seething anger at videos like this -
TL;DW - Chap decides to run a marathon that's 9 weeks away
I clicked on the video to see the comments. It’s exactly as I expected. Sickening.
Full of daisy chaining verified YouTubers proclaiming the video being as inspirational as the bible was.

Interesting to see your stuff for comparison on the shite and the glorious!
I’d happily share and of my stuff, it’s out him there in the domain and worked with Albany professional athletes and brands. However a lot of my bits are recognisable or easy to track it’s origin and even if I removed a small watermark, I’d be worried of anyone doing an image search/research and finding out who I am behind this profile 😬

That sounds shady but I’m just covering my own butt x

Reactions: 10
I clicked on the video to see the comments. It’s exactly as I expected. Sickening.
Full of daisy chaining verified YouTubers proclaiming the video being as inspirational as the bible was.
Ugh this is the same with Lucy Davis! Puts up a YouTube video about her ultra training and everyone acts like she’s the first person to ever run 100K. People love to toss around the word “inspirational” — it’s gross! She’s an insanely fit human doing an endurance event. Sorry, is that special?

She’s training in an extremely unhealthy way (she admitted to not eating or drinking and she won’t try until February, WTF?) and people are fawning over her. That has to be the sole reason people do tit like this — adoration of the sheep 🤦🏽‍♀️ annoys me so much!

Reactions: 5
Hate it.

I really enjoy watching the ones where it's people who've just started running but the fake 'Oh I'm going to be so bad at this' bullshit ones are so irritating.

Hate it.

I really enjoy watching the ones where it's people who've just started running but the fake 'Oh I'm going to be so bad at this' bullshit ones are so irritating.
Yep. There was an absolutely awful one about a year ago with Nuttyfoodiefitness (queen of the binge/purge/exercise/lie about everything cycle) who pretended to run a marathon out of nowhere on no training and then it came out she had done a lot more beforehand than she let on. But there are so many problems with her I wouldn't know where to start. Still, it was pretty insulting to everyone who works hard and trains for marathons properly.

Reactions: 3
Yep. There was an absolutely awful one about a year ago with Nuttyfoodiefitness (queen of the binge/purge/exercise/lie about everything cycle) who pretended to run a marathon out of nowhere on no training and then it came out she had done a lot more beforehand than she let on. But there are so many problems with her I wouldn't know where to start. Still, it was pretty insulting to everyone who works hard and trains for marathons properly.
Not to mention dangerous! Do these guys forget they have an impressionable audience, who are likely to be significantly less fit than they are? To make people think they can just do a marathon off the back of nothing 🤦🏽‍♀️

What perplexes me is that they’ll be very concerned about people exercising safely and correctly in the gym, but when it comes to running, the same rationale doesn’t apply? 🤷🏽‍♀️ Sure, there’s not an imminent danger of dropping a weight on your head or something, but you can still do some pretty serious damage to yourself through running if you aren’t careful and do silly challenges like these guys!

Reactions: 3
It's silly. I wanted to run 5 marathons in 5 days for charity last year (I didn't and just ran London). On Instagram many would appaud me and big me up, but my husband and friends would call me a fool and a dick.

I would rather listen to the opinions of those who know me, not those on social media...but I guess that's what some influencers get off on, the attention and their pillow being fluffed up by strangers.

Reactions: 5
Think Marco is probably very upset with Funbus for stealing his attention. We should've been spending this week talking about his Kenya trip but Paul the Perv had other ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Think Marco is probably very upset with Funbus for stealing his attention. We should've been spending this week talking about his Kenya trip but Paul the Perv had other ideas.
I do wonder what the people living there make of it all. A bunch of self obsessed weirdos rocking up and videoing their homes and then constantly talking to themselves on a phone screen

Ugh this is the same with Lucy Davis! Puts up a YouTube video about her ultra training and everyone acts like she’s the first person to ever run 100K. People love to toss around the word “inspirational” — it’s gross! She’s an insanely fit human doing an endurance event. Sorry, is that special?

She’s training in an extremely unhealthy way (she admitted to not eating or drinking and she won’t try until February, WTF?) and people are fawning over her. That has to be the sole reason people do tit like this — adoration of the sheep 🤦🏽‍♀️ annoys me so much!
Turns out I actually follow her on Strava, could never figure out who she was or why I was following her, anyway today I was scrolling through Strava and I saw her run from this morning and it twigged! And guess what? She's injured. Didn't see that coming did we 🙄

Reactions: 2
It's silly. I wanted to run 5 marathons in 5 days for charity last year (I didn't and just ran London). On Instagram many would appaud me and big me up, but my husband and friends would call me a fool and a dick.

I would rather listen to the opinions of those who know me, not those on social media...but I guess that's what some influencers get off on, the attention and their pillow being fluffed up by strangers.
I think this is the crux - people on social most likely don't know you, your training, your history, etc. All they say is something big and ambitious and they cheer it on, and that creates the vicious cycle.

I saw on IG today someone I know who posted an "easy" run in their new Next % (seriously!) :rolleyes: who was pleased as punch at how fast they were. Noticed their HR was in the 170/180 range. Um, mate, that's not an easy run.

Reactions: 6
So is Paul the grope and pervbus Addicott going to be at the Running show this weekend? I'm just not sure if it's safe for my husband to go there if he is 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.