Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Well, I just found out this was on here. So thanks for the kind words, support and like... A dozen messages about Cat 😂 I hope you're finished screenshotting my stories now anyway cos it's a wee bit creepy and I didn't really expect such a response from what was basically just me feeling sarcy and annoyed. And remember, if fudgie invites you for a run and a sausage bap say no. Soph

• Haha
Reactions: 37

instaclowns

VIP Member
So I've been lurking here for a while (sorry!) and just decided to make an account because..why not? Ha! Anyway...it's great you've started your marathon journey. I started mine quite a few years ago and decided to try a marathon with a (really awful) coach. Didn't do me any good and I was always injured. At the beginning of 2021 I switched to (formerly) novicetoelite coaching, and I have never looked back. Genuinely a super lovely chap and he has shaped my running plan around all of my life plans and work etc (I work weird shifts). He even changes plans for me for the next day at 10/11pm in the evening when he's not super busy or asleep. Sessions are varied and always seem to be that good balance of hard session, but not so hard I can't do it (unless it's time of the month and I struggle a bit but he tells me to rest or go by effort if I really want to go out). I've PB'd most distances except 5k but I rarely run that so I don't mind really. He is also a level 3 coach (I think?) and always willing to give advice but always stresses to me that he can not give medical advice or nutrition advice above "carb load before a race", so won't be sticking me on a diet any time soon (boo! :ROFLMAO:) Never knew when or what the best way to take gels was in a race but he offered me a variety of ways to take them so I could try them and choose which one I liked. Honestly for 50 quid a month I'd recommend it if you're unsure what you're doing(y)
Welcome to the thread Dylan and great plug for your coaching biz… 👋🏽

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm not here to talk about specific people, but I am here because I'm so tired of the entire Instagram running community and couldn't find the most appropriate thread (please direct me if I'm in the wrong place).

I used to find a few Instagram runners interesting, but the vast majority seem to act as if running is amazing all the time and many appear to have, in my opinion, obsessional behaviours around exercise.

I just want to hear from genuine people, who enjoy running and do it to be their best and are honest with the highs AND the lows. Sometimes a run is just a run, right?!

Oh, and if these Instagram runners could acknowledge that making steady and safe progress over time, rather than punishing your body with several sessions a week, is acceptable that would be great - I know not every Instagram runner is like that but I see so many people who question why they're injured when their so called easy runs are 7 minute miles, they do three sessions a week and a long run? Oh and probably a marathon they spent a WHOLE TWO DAYS recovering from 😫 Give me strength! 😆

Reactions: 15

flyscraper

My other half made an interesting point. People are more than willing to call out people for whistling at female runners or sexist things been shouted at us while running. However because Fondlebus groped a male, no on is calling him out about it on social media or saying what he did was wrong. Cat the fake whistler will keep her mouth shut of course (proved by her love of the sex pest Fudgie), however no one is naming and shaming. It would be different if it was a female that he fondled.
100% agree with this. Sorry for sense of humour failure but I also find the 'my husband wouldn't be safe with him" type jokes pretty poor taste too. Firstly, it's got more than a whiff of homophobia. Secondly, sexual assault like that which the Mirror article described him doing isn't about sexual preferences or anything to do with desire, it's about abusing your power over someone. I really don't think its something to make jokes about.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I really cannot stand this tosser

View attachment 1128174
How does this mean he “stands with Ukraine”?

Oh, he got out a pair of his yellow shorts and a blue T shirt and stood with his thumb up? I am sure the people of Ukraine will be really grateful this post was put on Instagram. I am sure it will help them escape the fighting, find somewhere to live, rebuild their lives after this is over.

Instead of filling your feeds with pictures of yourself, maybe fill your feeds with people who are showing how to help, what is actually happening and what can be done. But no, that won’t feed into your narcissism will it?

Reactions: 14

runderpants

That was a big last thread to catch up on. FunBus I hope you get everything that’s coming to you. You would not be dismissed if there wasn’t sufficient evidence. So anyone remotely sticking up for this guy needs to get real.

All you brooks team runners that read here, and all the other so called social media influencers of the running community. YOUR SILENCE ON THIS IS DEAFENING. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Reactions: 13
can someone explain what this is and why it was posted? Getting lots of new people signing up to demand it's taken down.
Holly Rush is the Leader of Asics Frontrunner. the image is of her wearing a different brand of shoe which goes against the contract in place for front runners. In short, she is in the wrong and doesn't want the photo out there for people to see

diditforthelikes6

Absolutely agree. Very few people volunteer at our towns main one as there’s a chap who’s notorious for walking the course incredibly slowly - I think his PB is 1 hour 35 or something ridiculous. Sometimes he’s there for over 1 hour 45. I’m all for being inclusive but when you’re taking over 35 minutes to walk one mile, perhaps it’s not the right place to be doing it.
Yeah I’m for being inclusive, but fuck that. I don’t care how shitty it makes me sound, but there should be a hour cut off. If you can’t do 5k in under a hour then go away, practice and come back when you can

• Haha
"Running is rest" sorry but that tickled me 😂😂 resting, giving your body a break from exercise/stress is rest. TBF sometimes a run in the morning can be just what you need to boost your mood for the day. But it is not resting, so don't try calling it that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

RunRunRun

Chatty Member
I owe my running to parkrun, the incentive to go every week was great for consistency but I’ve not been back since it returned. I’d been feeling a bit funny about it for a few years before that, but my local event was so lovely that I could overlook my niggles with the national/global set up.

I wasn’t very impressed with the almost covid-denying attitude from HQ and had to unfollow all senior parkrun people on twitter because they made me feel so angry with what they were saying. Then the final thing for me recently was when a photo of a zoom call for ambassadors was shared - every single person was white and looked at least 50. From my experience it is such a white, middle class, middle aged organisation and feels like it is full of people constantly virtue signalling. I visited a parkrun once in the town I grew up and couldn’t believe the way they were ’celebrating’ a blind runner who had turned up with a guide. They were obviously a regular runner but the ED was being so patronising. That’s just one example of many.

I know there are some great events and teams out there, but the organisation has got too big and lost it’s way now. My first event was 10 years ago but I won’t be back.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Slightly off topic but I needed to get it out haha!

• Heart

diditforthelikes6

View attachment 1048793The spelling from this guy irritates me. A) Learn how to use an apostrophe. It’s Ingebrigstens, as in plural, not singular possessive. B) sessions aren’t “in-affective,” they can be ineffective. FFS. Just to clarify, it’s YOUR 💩 use of language that makes us think YOU’RE an idiot.
What a crock of shit. Intervals are not just about time and pace, they are about perceived effort too. No matter if you are running a 5 min mile downhill or a 12 min mile uphill, perceived effort is key. I would go and rinse his pathetic ass but the cocksucker blocked me. If you are reading this Bester-you are a cunt.

• Haha
  • Heart

eyethinkyousuck

Chatty Member
Yeah, sure you can. I think I saw a blog where the person had done just that and broken down all of their costs. IIRC Berlin is the cheapest and supposedly the best one of the 6 to do.
Personal preference (and I am sure I’m in the minority here) but pretty sure the best marathon to do is none of them. One was one too many. 🤣

• Haha
I do think sadly, that in some regards parkrun is a victim of its own success. I’ve been RDing for over ten years, and in that time it’s got a lot more inclusive to walkers which is great, but means we struggle more for volunteers as people have to give up more time. Dogs are so contentious at ours, especially after someone was taken out by a dog (on a waist lead) veering sharply left. Since that happened ALOT of people have been asking us to ban them. When it was normal to get 50 odd people it was a non issue, when you have 300 on a lapped course, it becomes an issue
It’s always the way that one badly behaved dog lets 10 well trained ones down.

• Heart
Reactions: 11