Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought Alexm was injured and now she’s back to racing and smashing out workouts? 🤔 also, I die a little inside every time I see one of her warm up videos. Flailing and leaping about with no rhyme or reason, with the worst form known to mankind. She doesn’t even bother to film them well either - she’s not even arsed to be entirely in the frame 🤣

Reactions: 2
I had as much faith in Kelly doing that Marathon as I did Welshnobber wearing them UA trainers other than for his Ads.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So here is my thought, being the cynical person I am. She freaked out. Couldn't take the pressure. She knows she wasn't prepared. She built it up so bad, along with her terrible coaching advice. Then on top of it all, does a Garmin giveaway and has 611 comments!!!! So many kissing arse with unrealistic times. After that, she couldn't go to Valencia and blow up. Would ruin her(their) precious image....which honestly is hanging by a thread. Those of us with little ones know how easy it is to just say one is sick. I truly hope Harri is fine. He shouldn't be dragged into their crap as much as he is anyway. Hope she takes time away from social media and focus on what's important.

This after the car not starting next week. Just screams she imploded under the pressure.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So here is my thought, being the cynical person I am. She freaked out. Couldn't take the pressure. She knows she wasn't prepared. She built it up so bad, along with her terrible coaching advice. Then on top of it all, does a Garmin giveaway and has 611 comments!!!! So many kissing arse with unrealistic times. After that, she couldn't go to Valencia and blow up. Would ruin her(their) precious image....which honestly is hanging by a thread. Those of us with little ones know how easy it is to just say one is sick. I truly hope Harri is fine. He shouldn't be dragged into their crap as much as he is anyway. Hope she takes time away from social media and focus on what's important.

This after the car not starting next week. Just screams she imploded under the pressure.

I think you have well and truly hit the nail on the head 👏🏼

Reactions: 7

Absolutely this. I feel for her, she’s put SO much pressure on herself all year. Bagged some amazing achievements, she should be proud of what she has achieved. But it was just too much. I think taking a step back (I really hope she is actually going to take Xmas off like she said she would) will help massively. Realign for next year, pick one goal and stick to it.
Shame her coach won’t let her pick just one big focus though eh?!

Reactions: 10
I follow runfitmumkatie and she's doing Valencia tomorrow, excited to see how she does. She's put in solid training, focused on this as her A race, seems to have found the right balance with family life and won't try to video herself while she's running lol

Kelly would have been on the sweeper bus and she knows it.

Reactions: 5
I agree that they set her up with way too much pressure to go sub4 and their public image could not withstand another ‘failed’ marathon.

This way she gets a break and will probably be on good form for a sub4 at Manchester.

I really do hope she does it.

I was training towards sub 4 but I had one shot at it and I started that shot like an injured donkey, so was happy to go sub 4:30. 🤣 I’d love to give it another shot but can’t commit to another training block like that while my kids are little. It eats up too much of our time together.

Reactions: 2
I thought Alexm was injured and now she’s back to racing and smashing out workouts? 🤔 also, I die a little inside every time I see one of her warm up videos. Flailing and leaping about with no rhyme or reason, with the worst form known to mankind. She doesn’t even bother to film them well either - she’s not even arsed to be entirely in the frame 🤣
I’m the same, her videos every week are some of the most cringeworthy and embarrassing things you’ll see on Instagram all week!

She waffles about being injured and how she’s going to take a run easy and slow, yet full pelts it like an idiot and then brags nonsense. Won’t be bragging when your injured again will you love! Unless the injuries are fake and she’s after attention as usual!

Reactions: 1
You don’t have to isolate unless you’re not fully vaxxed if you don’t have symptoms. But I imagine they could’ve come back by now.
Posting the PCR result seems unnecessary and more a reaction to online speculation / proving it was “real”? Unless that’s just overly cynical of me.

Posting the PCR result seems unnecessary and more a reaction to online speculation / proving it was “real”? Unless that’s just overly cynical of me.
And still the whole story looks false. It definitely didn't need to be shown. Just like filming the entire walk into her car and pretending to start the car. Overly pushing their story. She knew she was going to blow up at Valencia and backed out. End of story. They have been so quiet. Wonder how they will bounce back. Maybe another skin cream or Benecol post is due? 🥴

Reactions: 4
With the date of test carefully covered…🤔
The test result looks fairly legitimate. You can see it's early December. I reckon the persistent cough lasted about 30 seconds as she's been saying he's fine ever since the announcement

Reactions: 1
PMG is back online, and has immediately done a Gracie post. So much for leaving social media. I’m definitely cynical because of my job, but all these running influencers commoditising their children and posting them online when it has naff all to do with running really bothers me. One post saying she’s back and going to use the account to focus on her running journey, and then immediately posting her daughter on her stories. I get it, I really do, and making time to run around children is hard, but every runner makes sacrifices around family, work, life etc… I know they all read here- so from one mum to another, and from someone who’s worked with offenders, you do not know how people will use these images, please please please safeguard your children by not posting images online for all to see.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Basically pimping out their kids. I was approached by the BBC to do an article on my child, I didn't even hesitate, absolutely no way was I putting my child out there for the whole world. Nope.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.