Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø They are really scraping the barrel
Has she ever been seen in a pair of Brooks? She only seems to wear Nike and Adidas in her photos.

Iā€™ve just had a look at her profile and sheā€™s not even bothered to announce it or add it to her bio. Clearly just in it for the free titā€¦Surely they could have a little pride and hire someone whoā€™s an actual fan of the brand!

Saw this weekly schedule in her stories as wellā€¦it wasnā€™t that long ago she was supposedly injured and now sheā€™s back to running 6 days a week, 4 runs of which are a workout or include hard efforts, plus a couple double days. (Also, 10 strides, WTF?).

If this is the rubbish Bester assigns, I canā€™t figure out why people pay him. This is nuts!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Has she ever been seen in a pair of Brooks? She only seems to wear Nike and Adidas in her photos.

Iā€™ve just had a look at her profile and sheā€™s not even bothered to announce it or add it to her bio. Clearly just in it for the free titā€¦Surely they could have a little pride and hire someone whoā€™s an actual fan of the brand!

Saw this weekly schedule in her stories as wellā€¦it wasnā€™t that long ago she was supposedly injured and now sheā€™s back to running 6 days a week, 4 runs of which are a workout or include hard efforts, plus a couple double days. (Also, 10 strides, WTF?).

If this is the rubbish Bester assigns, I canā€™t figure out why people pay him. This is nuts!
Where are the easy runs? Where is the 80/20 mix? Why do both Alex and Bester think this is remotely a good idea when both have chronic injury problems? Why do people PAY for such lunacy? And, finally, wtaf Brooks?

Reactions: 5
Where are the easy runs? Where is the 80/20 mix? Why do both Alex and Bester think this is remotely a good idea when both have chronic injury problems? Why do people PAY for such lunacy? And, finally, wtaf Brooks?
Hear hear!

Thereā€™s two easy runs (though adding 10 strides after one is sort of negating the purpose. There is no reason to do that many). Also, why a recovery run and a swim the same day? Just do the swim!

No one needs two interval sessions, a tempo run and a long run workout in the same week. Week 5 of a marathon plan no less! Arghhh her and Bester just do my head in, honestly šŸ¤Æ

Reactions: 8
No easy runsā€¦wow. That is appalling. Injury waiting to happen.

Edit - I missed the recovery run on the swim day. Whatā€™s the point?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Not sure she knows it exists!

She was asking for loads of ultra tips in a post a few days ago, and most people said go slow - nice to know she just wanted the engagement on her post, but didnā€™t give a tit about the advice!
Not that familiar with her, but I've listened to a few of the podcasts she does and to be honest she doesn't come across as being that bright. Not just in the sense of misusing words (she says conversate a lot instead of converse which is just WTF and there are lots of other examples) but sometimes her lack of knowledge in certain areas of fitness is concerning given the coaching she does, so it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't really have a clue how to train as a runner. She'll have relied entirely on her coaching team as a swimmer and none of that will have been self-directed.

Her volume/intensity probably comes from the same place as most of these other instarunners, and that's her bad relationship with food. Some of her posts suggest she's already addicted to being able to eat more because she's running more miles. I remember her Christmas podcast where they were taste testing foods and she said she didn't like something but then in the background with really quiet audio she was begging her partner to get the food out of her reach or she'd eat the lot. Not surprising given her background with binge eating and bulimia, but a horrible cycle to be trapped in and not a good role model for her followers.

Reactions: 3
I missed the ā€œrecoveryā€ run - I wonder whether this is a Jordan style ā€œeasyā€ run? (Ie not a recovery run at all). And she talks about managing her injury. I just canā€™t even.

Not that familiar with her, but I've listened to a few of the podcasts she does and to be honest she doesn't come across as being that bright. Not just in the sense of misusing words (she says conversate a lot instead of converse which is just WTF and there are lots of other examples) but sometimes her lack of knowledge in certain areas of fitness is concerning given the coaching she does, so it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't really have a clue how to train as a runner. She'll have relied entirely on her coaching team as a swimmer and none of that will have been self-directed.

Her volume/intensity probably comes from the same place as most of these other instarunners, and that's her bad relationship with food. Some of her posts suggest she's already addicted to being able to eat more because she's running more miles. I remember her Christmas podcast where they were taste testing foods and she said she didn't like something but then in the background with really quiet audio she was begging her partner to get the food out of her reach or she'd eat the lot. Not surprising given her background with binge eating and bulimia, but a horrible cycle to be trapped in and not a good role model for her followers.
Ugh yes, the constant misuse of words is so annoying! Iā€™m a stickler for grammar though, so maybe it annoys me more than it does other people šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø I had to stop listening to her podcast because she really was starting to irritate me. Her and her partner try to cover a lot of different topics that they donā€™t necessarily have any experience in and you can tell theyā€™re just talking out of their ass sometimes. When it comes to lifting and technique, sheā€™s an amazing resource and itā€™s great to see a female role model not afraid of getting strong. But other than that, Iā€™m starting to struggle with her. Canā€™t wait for all her running related podcasts šŸ™„

Where the duck are the easy runs? Jesus! This is so unattainable for most folk.

Wooooow, I had a feeling when the names were being dropped that she might be because I then recalled those infamous posts of ā€œoh Iā€™ve something exciting but canā€™t say whatā€ bullshit!
I think Brooks shoes are awful so Iā€™d never apply but is it more or do the same freeloading halfwits always get these things?!

Maybe Brooks have seen she pays that page to promote her awful stretching videos and decided that she can pay for their marketing šŸ˜‚

Add the fact she said in her stories that her hamstring Saturday still wasnā€™t right! I never want to see anyone injured but I hope she does and then it gives her time to realise that sheā€™s beings stupid with her training!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but iy has always been my understanding that strides are very much for sessions close to a race to get the legs turning over and help keep them loose as you taper.

The structure of that weekly schedule at any point in a training programme regardless of the distance being trained for seems like meadness to me. Incomprehensible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but iy has always been my understanding that strides are very much for sessions close to a race to get the legs turning over and help keep them loose as you taper.

The structure of that weekly schedule at any point in a training programme regardless of the distance being trained for seems like meadness to me. Incomprehensible.
Strides serve a couple purposes -
1) to prepare your body for a hard session, I.e. intervals or a race
2) to practice your form and mechanics, often after an easy run

Itā€™s actually encouraged to add strides to your schedule once a week after easy runs (in addition to any you do to warm up for intervals). But 3-4 for newer runners, and maybe 6-8 at the top end for runners with lots of experience. 10 is ludicrous

duck em. I canā€™t wait to see them all injured and fucked up

Side topic-thank duck marathon talk is now finished. It went MASSIVELY downhill once that awful bleep Holly became second main host. Only worth listening to Inside Jogging now. That What The Fartlek is bleeping embarrassing.

duck em. I canā€™t wait to see them all injured and fucked up

Side topic-thank duck marathon talk is now finished. It went MASSIVELY downhill once that awful bleep Holly became second main host. Only worth listening to Inside Jogging now. That What The Fartlek is bleeping embarrassing.
Iā€™m amazed it lasted that long tbh!
Listened to it a lot during my 2018/19 marathon training block, ending up hating Holly. How it is possible to talk about oneself for hours and hours a week I do not know!

Reactions: 1
Funbus has proved his credentials as best in the business again, pacing his son to a negative split at Parkrun, what a legend!

• Haha
Funbus has proved his credentials as best in the business again, pacing his son to a negative split at Parkrun, what a legend!
I commented on a post of his a while ago saying that what he does is the equivalent of running in the Paralympicsā€¦. That even if you win you are still aā€¦ā€¦ā€.

• Haha
Scraping the barrel, absolutely but still the only person Iā€™ve actually heard of. Granted itā€™s for the wrong reasons but I donā€™t know who any of the ā€œrun happy teamā€ even are anymore?

Reactions: 1

Cant wait to see the flurry of posts about recovery runs and taking it easy now she has been highlighted in here šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Christ these training weeks that have been posting are ridic. I had a plan put together by a v good coach for my first 50 miler and it was nothing like this.
I just tried to type out a summary but it was impossible as there was such variety, but the focus was easy runs, appropriate amounts of rest, overall activity on each day (e.g. encouraging going out for walks etc. in addition to run plans). The plan was based on time rather than distance and feel rather than paces. I know people had similar plans tweaked for their ability, but by focusing on time/feel things were personalized anyway - e.g. my 4 hour long run was much shorter than others doing the plan.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.