Running Instagrammers #3 Worn-out sell-outs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got round to listening to What the Fartlek podcast today..

Tried a few listens of it and its time I will never get back. The host Rob I have on Insta and I have followed him for some time but never heard any episodes.

Listening to him and the other guy is like listening to the Chuckle Brothers if you ordered them off Wish. Their banter if you can call it that would make a preschooler cringe at how bad it is.

Is there any other podcasts I should listen to??

I've pretty much got through most Running Commentary podcasts when doing London training last year, so any worth listening to big or small then let me know!
Have you tried RunPod with Jenni Falconer? She has a different guest each week, and while I tend to only listen if I'm interested in who the guest is, they're just lovely chats about all things running!

Reactions: 3
I liked the Runners World podcast as it was properly edited and felt like an actual 'show' rather than random stream of consciousness with no editor. Have they stopped making it or has my feed just dropped it randomly, it seems to have disappeared now I think about it? I Like the odd Running Commentary one if I like the guests but don't listen religiously.

Reactions: 1
Is there any other podcasts I should listen to??

I've pretty much got through most Running Commentary podcasts when doing London training last year, so any worth listening to big or small then let me know!
[/QUOTE]

I listen to a few running podcasts from the US: the Citius Mag one is usually really good and has fun interviews with track and field runners. The interview with Molly Seidel right after the NYC marathon is hilarious. There's also one called the "Strength Running Podcast" with Jason Fitzgerald - he brings on some athletes, but lots of sports experts in strength, nutrition, etc. to talk about how to stay strong for running. For something more running and passion related, "Running Realized" with Tina Muir and Knox Robinson is fantastic. And then one that's not running related, but I'm obsessed with is "Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend" - listen to the episodes with Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Dave Grohl and Seth Rogan. They will have you in tears from laughing so hard.

I did RTTS last year as my first ultra. Got a free entry so couldn’t say no. I wouldn’t donit again though, the aid stations were very good and very well way marked, but honestly I just found the route boring. Walking along roads is just not for me, going to stick to coastal ones from now on.

Also going to have to unfollow running veg. She does my head in, definitely has some sort of exercise addiction even whilst pregnant, and said she was self isolating due to riskof catching covid but is now out and about, going to mainstream places like mcdonalds then burger king today. Like wtf?

I did RTTS last year as my first ultra. Got a free entry so couldn’t say no. I wouldn’t donit again though, the aid stations were very good and very well way marked, but honestly I just found the route boring. Walking along roads is just not for me, going to stick to coastal ones from now on.

Also going to have to unfollow running veg. She does my head in, definitely has some sort of exercise addiction even whilst pregnant, and said she was self isolating due to riskof catching covid but is now out and about, going to mainstream places like mcdonalds then burger king today. Like wtf?
I'm convinced there are a couple of Instarunners who have tested positive at one point or another and haven't revealed it to their followers because they don't want to self-isolate. With the current variant being what it is and the sheer number of public places some of them go, the odds are very much against them in terms of staying safe.

Has anyone done Race to the Sea (Bournemouth way)?
As for podcasts, I either didn’t like (most) or got bored of (some) around running so moved into the “nutrition and running” or “strength/injury and running” ones - which have been far more interesting and useful!

Can’t think of anything worse than listening to running based podcasts. I love running, but nope. Give me true crime, audiobooks (Harry Potter is a firm fave for running) and occasionally music instead any day!

Reactions: 8
I’ve never listened to a running podcast. Am I missing out ? 🤣

Also a true crime fan. The Serial one about Adnan was amazing but Crime Junkie generally does the trick. Sorry to go off running.

Reactions: 3
My favourite podcast of all time is “how did we get here” - each episode is a one off consultation with a psychologist on different mental health struggles. Fascinating and the miles fly past!

Reactions: 2
I’ve never listened to a running podcast. Am I missing out ? 🤣

Also a true crime fan. The Serial one about Adnan was amazing but Crime Junkie generally does the trick. Sorry to go off running.
glad I’m not the only true crime fan! I haven’t listened to crime junkie so will give it a try

Reactions: 2
I agree, I can't listen to people boast and brag about running. Just not for me.

I'm so picky about podcasts I've noticed. Bad grammar, too many erms and umms drive me nuts. Annoying banter. I just can't.

I enjoy BBC ones. Lazarus Heist. The Missing Crypto Queen. Death in Ice Valley.

Reactions: 8
I see applications are now open for the new Asics Frontrunner team. Who'll be this year's Bungle, Fudgie, Wellogs etc? I can barely wait...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Highly recommend bad boy running. The presenters are a little up themselves but they've had some cracking guests so worth a look through the archives.

Do you think they have a secret chat group where they talk about us? I've been blocked by some people who've been mentioned on this thread who I have never followed or even knew existed before reading about them on here 😂. I have only liked a couple of comments and all these randomers have blocked me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Welshy blocked me for just liking a comment he didn't on someone else's post (not even one of his own posts). Some other female running instawanabee also blocked me for same. I only found out as they were mentioned on here ages ago and I couldn't load their page. Why they feel so threatened I don't know.
I'm another that loves a crime podcast. But I can recommend "Against the Odds" especially the Thai cave rescue series. Talk about overcoming setbacks and courage, those kids and divers could teach the dumbs vacuous insta crowd a thing or to.

Reactions: 4
She threatened at the beginning of Jan and I think she did it a week ago.

It ok. Fiona is back listing the 30 different plant-based foods she eats in a week instead of counting calories or syns. You can watch her content instead of Charlie getting “guns”.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.