Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

instaclowns

VIP Member
WR is and will always live off the London Marathon stunt. As someone said before, his race was screwed and messed his times up which is why he stopped and that if he was on for a PB then he’d have probably pushed him out of the way to get through. He is a rude, nasty and spiteful little weasel that really needs bringing down a peg or two!

Just genuinely hope one day people realise what a weapon he actually is! I even know, real life know, two people who pay for his coaching and they both get nearly the same plan and are different ends of the spectrum to each other’s running abilities and times etc. I’ve spoken to them both so many times and asked why, then said he the best coach out there and is flexible to let them get on with what they want…So what’s the point paying this clown then?! Absolutely absurd

Reactions: 12

fckthegrm

Surprised she didn't tag the the RAC or Green Flag. Could have had a nice little ambassadorship.

The Wellogs/Gav situation last night was astonishing. The way they turned that around for their own ends. Wow! Someone asks a valid question, with maybe a slight undertone of critcism (again valid), gets rounded on, and then the story saying 'thanks for all your love and support, don't worry, the nasty man has been blocked'. I would love to shake their followers and ask them, "Can you not see what is right in front of you?" The way they have built their profiles and follower base, and have them dancing to their tune. Reminds me of a quote, "Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”. That goes for all the runfluencers mentioned in these threads.

• Heart

fckthegrm

Hungry Runner Girl’s dad does this for her. She is one of the most privileged runners out there.
How the conversation would go for me:

Runfluencer: Can you follow me in the car at 5am tomorrow morning and film me so I've got some essentially uninteresting and repetitive content to post on my instagram?

Me: Get fucked.

• Haha

instaclowns

VIP Member
See Kellys story is also digging this out. Gavsgoingforsub3 has gone fishing and he’s bagged two catches of the day today 🎣

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I think we’re all fed up of Covid right? But it seems so selfish to just be going on about how fed up SHE is. We all feel the same. But we get on. We wear masks. We get our jabs. We work at home. Etc.
Thank you for saying this. Obviously didn’t want to derail into a covid thread but when the people we are discussing are actually being ignorant (Gen) or potentially (Mel) then it is hard to avoid.

All our lives have been changed since 2 years ago. We can never go back. Accept that.

It’s OK everyone. Normal service has resumed.

WR is being paid to put lip balm on.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I think that if this dismissal had been for gross misconduct against a woman (for the same behaviour) there would have been a witch-hunt. It would have been picked up by the likes of Cat and I think that is wrong ( in that I think it wrong there is only a witch hunt if the recipient of this type of abuse is female).

Him minimising it as “high jinks” against a man is just as harmful as telling women that we should be flattered when we are catcalled. Men should not be inflicting this kind of abuse on anyone, of any gender.

Regardless of who is the recipient of this abuse, the perpetrator should be called out. If there is enough evidence for an employer to dismiss then there is enough evidence for brands to stop using that individual.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

flyscraper

Catching up after a busy few days, just seen the Iten trip thing. Jesus H. Who on earth would think it's a good time to go, what is two weeks at altitude supposed to achieve and can he just stop with the borderline racist "how the Kenyans train" thing because it drives me nuts. There is no such thing as "how the Kenyans train" any more than "how the Americans train" or "how the British train". People train differently according to their levels, their speed, what coach they are with, what their goals are ETC ETC. I really hate the sort of mystical crap that's like "ooo the Kenyans are just all amazing they run with no shoes and no watches" bullshit.

(And aso they have one of the worst records on doping in the world, so there's that)

• Heart

fckthegrm

Bester needs flagged up with Runthrough and if they see him taking it upon himself to run in any of their events for free they should remove him from the course. Can't believe he has the cheek to help himself to the freebies (not really freebies as it comes out of the entry fees) as well. Is all this not classed as theft? Also, I'm not sure of all the legalities, but would it not be a pretty big issue for Runthrough if they're letting unpaid/unregistered runners get away with being on the course? What if he was involved in some kind of incident? What if he's in a group, trips, and brings someone down? What if it causes a scene because someone calls him out for running for free? He could put events in jeopardy. His behaviour is really shitty. This is from someone who is a allegedly a coach and founded a club.

• Heart

lazygirl

It makes me think now that it was planned. She was never going to do it

that’s why she did the races and speed work runs

Lemming312

VIP Member
I love that the newspapers used a photo of him in his Run Happy Team hoodie, sure that will go down well with Brooks!

• Haha

diditforthelikes6

I think I’ve missed something somewhere. Is he using “pacing” as an excuse or just being a complete and utter dickhead?

PS. I’ve wanted to say this for a while… I HATE his arm sleeve vest situation. Looks fucking stupid.
No, he was just running near by and decided to run though the finish and get some freebies. The guy is a cunt

• Wow

RunRunRun

Chatty Member

heroverthere

For those who are blocked…
Is he an actual fruit loop? All smells a bit fishy that Valencia was sacked off and he’s doing this.
I’m starting to believe Kelly is owned by this prick, he does what he wants, she does what he tells her to do. His trip to Kenya is more important than Valencia so they concocted the “Harri isn’t well let’s get a PCR test” story.
All logic is out the window for this trip for him, but his selfish nature trumps everything

Back in 2018, Funbus was up for the blog awards, and wasn't doing very well. He launched a competition with a brand to be in with a chance of winning a pair of trainers if they voted for him. Complaints were made and think he was withdrawn. Personal blog but prizes for votes.

Didnt pull a gofundme page

Measure of the man and anyone who thinks he does the pacing to genuinely help people is deluded. Its all about the freebie trip for him

irunforfun

VIP Member
Iten.

He’s going to Iten.

I have no words.
This angers me possibly more than any other 💩 these “influencers” have done. It’s the middle of a pandemic. Whilst Iten isn’t in one of the “only essential travel” areas, it feels bloody irresponsible. Kenya could very easily be moved to the red list - which means a whack load of money (that I don’t think they have?) for a quarantine hotel and likely miss Xmas with his family (and that’s really tough on the kids and for Kelly, who seems to have been struggling a lot recently). It just feels like the most selfish thing he could do. And what is the point? He won’t improve when he persists in training in the most ridiculous way. He never seems to achieve what he wants, much like Kelly, and there’s always an excuse, sorry, reason. Argh. I shouldn’t be so angered by this.

Laughing at Kelly asking people to predict her marathon time and everyone saying sub 4 😂
Talk about putting pressure on yourself.

• Haha
  • Wow

Putridpumpkin

Screenshot 2021-12-27 131113.png

Just can't let it go, can she?

None of this is baseless criticism, name calling, telling someone to go kill themselves or any kind of -phobic comment. That’s trolling, that’s bullying. Anything else is just free speech, and last time I checked this wasn’t North Korea and Anna wasn’t Kim Jong Un (although with the effort she makes to shut down all dissenting voices, I’m sure she wishes it was). She can’t take anyone who doesn’t just dance to her tune and tell her what she wants to hear, and if she wasn’t so spineless, she’d come on here herself and refute every claim/prove us all wrong instead of using her followers to do her dirty work.

I can anticipate exactly what encouraging words are being said to her. Same old shit enablers always say, usually based on ad hominem attacks on the influencer’s critics.

Why follow someone you don’t like? For the same reasons people watched Game of Thrones when the world hated Joffrey and Ramsey – sometimes it’s human nature to marvel at what utter twats some people can be, mixed with a thirst for karmic retribution. The real question is, why deliberately go on a forum and read something you know you won’t like? Because no-one’s forcing her to do that.

It's rich she tries to act as if she’s rising above it all and laughing things off. If that was the case, why post about it? Obviously, why read here in the first place, but if you really don’t care then shut up, shrug it off and get back to your life. She knew exactly what she was trying to achieve by putting that screenshot on her stories: a flood of outrage on her behalf. I love that the whole narrative around forums like this is that the influencers are being victimised, but she’s the one trying to publicly shame those who commented against her to thousands of people. The subtext is how dare you question me? I have thousands of followers; I can crush you. Now sic, minions! These intimidation tactics don’t work on me – I just push back harder – but it’s ironic for someone trying to claim the high ground.

Maybe she’s just salty because no-one barged in here to tell everyone off and demand the immediate cessation of posts against their darling Anna. No-one reacts like that if there isn’t at least a grain of truth to what’s being said.

snapdrag0n

VIP Member
Slightly off on a tangent but also not, my gripe with seeing these coaches on insta with their generic training plans.
The main issue I had with the coach I tried a couple of years back was the push to run fast. I’m an experienced runner, but don’t race often. I signed up for a marathon, I’m not particularly fast, so I had 6hrs in my head. And for me that’s not embarrassing, it’s what I thought I could do comfortably having never done a mara before and enjoy myself as I love running. I am one of those humans who doesn’t need races to enjoy running!!
But anyway, they tuned all my “sessions” in my “block” to a 5 hour finish. I didn’t question it as I had run a few very fast parkruns, but not often. I assumed they knew what they were doing based off what I’d shared with them.
Needless to say I blew up mentally/emotionally coz I couldn’t hit these stupid paces in my “sessions” and it sapped all the joy from me. Also I got injured as it was too much, it’s taken me a long time to fall back in love with running and be able to run more regularly.
They all measure their success as a coach on PBs and if you struggle don’t seem to listen and you’re not worthy. Also they don’t promote healthy relationships with running/exercise.

• Heart
  • Sad