Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsManc

Looks like he had a little blocking session after Gary House called out his poor informarion on strength training for runners. A few people in the comments section saying he's blocked them.

Yeah I liked the post - didn't comment but still blocked which is weird because I originally liked it for the info and hadn't even seen his name until he had a hissy fit in front of everyone.

Thank you for saying this. Obviously didn’t want to derail into a covid thread but when the people we are discussing are actually being ignorant (Gen) or potentially (Mel) then it is hard to avoid.

All our lives have been changed since 2 years ago. We can never go back. Accept that.

It’s OK everyone. Normal service has resumed.

WR is being paid to put lip balm on.
to be fair its a good collab for a change, his lips must be red raw with all the ass kissing.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Nosylurker

Just seen these story posts about gropebus
Dan - as we know you read here. They aren’t allegations. He was sacked from his job after an investigation determined that his gross misconduct was of a sexual nature, confirmed by the prison service. But go ahead and don’t call it out.
All happy to be performative about women being assaulted but don’t want to call a “friend” out when he’s been the perpetrator.

Reactions: 10

snapdrag0n

VIP Member
So here is my thought, being the cynical person I am. She freaked out. Couldn't take the pressure. She knows she wasn't prepared. She built it up so bad, along with her terrible coaching advice. Then on top of it all, does a Garmin giveaway and has 611 comments!!!! So many kissing arse with unrealistic times. After that, she couldn't go to Valencia and blow up. Would ruin her(their) precious image....which honestly is hanging by a thread. Those of us with little ones know how easy it is to just say one is sick. I truly hope Harri is fine. He shouldn't be dragged into their crap as much as he is anyway. Hope she takes time away from social media and focus on what's important.

This after the car not starting next week. Just screams she imploded under the pressure.
Absolutely this. I feel for her, she’s put SO much pressure on herself all year. Bagged some amazing achievements, she should be proud of what she has achieved. But it was just too much. I think taking a step back (I really hope she is actually going to take Xmas off like she said she would) will help massively. Realign for next year, pick one goal and stick to it.
Shame her coach won’t let her pick just one big focus though eh?!

irunforfun

VIP Member
I don’t feel sorry for him at all. It is very simple: don’t grope people. (Or catcall or abuse or assault etc). He made a choice and he will hopefully pay the consequence.

• Heart

Humblebrag

Chatty Member
Bester excuses is like Boris Johnson with his pathetic excuses

"I didn't realise it was a race even though, I paced someone the entire time, I crossed the line and then posed for photographs, it was only when it was pointed out too me that it was a race, that I realised it was a race"

• Haha
I think this needs to be concluded before it goes out of control.

If he gets booted off the Brooks team and the event is cancelled then it's deserved, and I think it should happen..

But..

..a few of the comments are saying he deserves all he gets. He's paying for it being in the papers, losing his job and likely getting it in the neck at home so even though I dislike the guy, I hope his mental health doesn't get to the point where something horrible happens because shit like that does happen, even if the person is a knob.

Lemming312

VIP Member
OMG I missed all the drama last night! I'm looking forward to see how she does at Valencia, if she bombs this one too maybe we could recommend a new coach for her.

• Haha
Tell you what Kell, if you sub 4 we'll never mention you or your coach on this forum again. We'll all eat our running hats 🧢

• Haha

Runhappy

But she still ran a progression run even though she was going to race easy 🤔
So in the 7 days since her last 10k race - when she should be both recovering from a balls-out effort that made her sick (a 10K takes a good week to recover from at her level), *and* freshening up for the "A" race marathon in less than a week, she has done THREE sessions 🤦‍♀️

snapdrag0n

VIP Member
Further comment on the FunBus news. I imagine he would have to tell race organisers he has a conviction/has been sacked for sexual conduct?
Thing is it didn’t involve the police, so no conviction. Being sacked, no one has to disclose why. But obviously it’s news worthy because he was sacked for a very serious reason and that’s been leaked to the press. I do wonder if the police will now get involved…

ETA - I think Brooks should think seriously about having him on the team now. It’s bad press when you google his name definitely.

“As we were running past” as in running through the balloon arch? Dick head, what about when he’s been seen by a number of people taking snacks in December and having water the other day? Lying creep honestly 🤷🏼‍♂️
It’s not normal to run through a race finish line if you’re not participating. He saw an opportunity for the gram and a post run snack.
These influencers need to get a grip.

hollyhocks

Chatty Member
Anyone notice WR was asked why he wasn’t wearing the UA shoes on his last post? It was promptly deleted 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

notokhun

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20211127-221456.png

Of course he's blocked 🙄🙄

Gav wasn't rude. He asked a question. They didn't like it they then let their followers jump on him.
Absolute joke.

• Sad
  • Sick

MrsManc

Yeah definitely! Tbh I don’t get much if it these days but 1-2 years ago it was a huge thing and I had Bester, Fordy runs and Fudgie to name a few doing it all the time! I messaged Ben Parkes a few years ago when he followed me four times in about six days and he just blocked me! My husband was in the big half start with him in 2020 and asked if he remembered blocking me for calling him out and he just walked away to warm up elsewhere 😂
Ben P followed me a few years ago but I didn't see it until after the weekend, I went to follow him back (I was already subscribed to his youtube) but noticed he had unfollowed me already :ROFLMAO: petty I know but I unsubbed his youtube to get my own back.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
And this scabby prat is now throwing out the apologies after he was caught! No mention of apologising for December when you were in the start pen and paced all the way, even going through the finish line and helping yourself to water and a snack, something everyone else pays for…but sure you carry on!
He's the biggest freeloading wanker of all. At least WR looks like he could be a nice guy. Bester is a self-absorbed twat.

"Oooh, the background looked good." No you fuckin ran the course and a girl mate who ran the same event said you did. He didn't just pose for this photo...look at the form....

Bester if you're reading this, you touched Versus Socks and a group of us have vowed to not buy from them because you've tarnished what was a likeable brand until you touched it you slimy rotter.

Luisa18

Chatty Member
She may be showing up consistently, which hats off some of us do struggle with now and again. But the consistency to type of training is just all wrong. I’ve never seen plans with so many PB attempts in one training block ever!
They've forgotten that they're not elite. This should be fun. There's no need to push yourself to the point of no return unless you're ONLY doing it for headpats and insta adoration. They have a platform, rightfully so or not, which they need to be responsible for. I'd call out a doctor passing on incorrect information, so why is a running coach exempt? A lot of people are vulnerable at the moment. Two years of a pandemic has left people battered and bruised and a lot of people took to running in the lockdowns as a way of getting exercise. If you're new to the sport, and this level of training is what you think is the RIGHT thing to do, because yay PBs, but are unaware that can cause injury and knocking you out of the game, than there needs to be a lot more disclosure about that.

We've all done it, we've all been idiots and done stupid, detrimental things. KR has gotten lucky so far, but that luck will only take you so far.

instaclowns

VIP Member
How embarrassingly desperate is this girl and also deceiving! What she has hidden with her red text box is that you apply to be featured and if you’re ‘application’ is successful then you actually pay them if you want to be featured 😂 stop lying and making out they’ve found your god awful reel and thought they’d share to their 1.2M audience of followers.

I know this is the process as my friend at our run club did it and he wanted to grow his audience and then he got accepted but then said he didn’t go through as it was about £30 for the privilege of having it posted! Just think her followers with their blinded reality will think she’s great because she’s buying her views and buying her way to feature on accounts!

Saaaad, desperate and how unhealthy wanting to be that liked on a platform full of strangers… 🤦🏽‍♀️

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha

notokhun

Chatty Member
I'm still not over how they cannot take any form of criticism. It's embarrassing.
Racing today so nodoubt out to prove a point 😬