Running #2 PF is a pain in the calf

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was doing my usual 4k run to Waitrose about 4 weeks ago and half way there I realised that running bores me rigid and I much prefer a walk in the country so I've pretty much quit with the exception of Park run and have rejoined the gym. It might just be a temporary blip but we will see

Reactions: 4
PF folks, help

Had PF from about June last year, saw a podiatrist and was given excerise to do and it did start to settle down but still could feel it.

Back to run but only 3k a week and it's started to really hurt again. I am not a great runner but I try, it took me 9 months to run 5k using coach to 5k.

My friend got me an ice roller but think it made it worse.

I changed to Mizuno trainers last April but am now going to go back to my beloved Asics.

What else have you done to cure this friggen thing that is making me sad?

PF folks, help

Had PF from about June last year, saw a podiatrist and was given excerise to do and it did start to settle down but still could feel it.

Back to run but only 3k a week and it's started to really hurt again. I am not a great runner but I try, it took me 9 months to run 5k using coach to 5k.

I changed to Mizuno trainers last April but am now going to go back to my beloved Asics.

It's probably your trainers, now you've switched back see how it goes.

Reactions: 1
PF folks, help

Have you got an insole for your trainers? I got a gel one from Superdrug but you can order online. I find it helps support my foot massively. The insoles live in my running trainers but I sometimes switch them out to my "every day" trainers if I expect to do a lot of walking as anything over about 3k without them and my foot starts to get really sore.

Thanks for your replies.

I got some half insoles from the podiatrist which have helped but at six months I need to change them.

I will have a look at the gel ones, will probably save me money as well.

I have been researching so copious amounts of ibuprofen and Epsom salt soaks are going to be my thing.

Will get my new trainers at the weekend.

So upset with it all

ok, not running but walking related. I'm currently doing 10k/day and I've worn through a brand new set of Skecher's in 25 days. The foam in the sides, bottom and back has either gone entirely in places or worn through. I guess I've done about 220km so far in them (and I'm a big fat git so I can understand the strain they are under) but I expected them to last a bit longer than this.
What brands do you recommend for longer lasting walking shoes?

ok, not running but walking related. I'm currently doing 10k/day and I've worn through a brand new set of Skecher's in 25 days. The foam in the sides, bottom and back has either gone entirely in places or worn through. I guess I've done about 220km so far in them (and I'm a big fat git so I can understand the strain they are under) but I expected them to last a bit longer than this.
I’d probably look to buy proper walking shoes rather than trainers - I swear by Salomon

• Heart

I believe that Skechers are crap and no good for foot support

Reactions: 2
Euw! Home parkrun is a lap (out and back) and today,I did a parkrun with 4 laps. I've done it before when it was 3 and that was enough.

• Sad
I am an idiot. Trying to do 1 race a month this year. I'm sure I signed up for Cardiff for March. Nope. I signed up for the October edition which means 2 weeks in 3 weeks.

Fun!

• Wow
Can I join in please? I’m running a 10K on 11th June in memory of my sister who passed away in 2019. I’m doing a couch to 10k app and on week 2 day 1 tomorrow.

I actually used to run regularly years ago and 10k would have been a breeze. But depression took over and although I’ve dabbled in running on and off since, I’ve never had anything to focus on.

So here I am 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can I join in please? I’m running a 10K on 11th June in memory of my sister who passed away in 2019. I’m doing a couch to 10k app and on week 2 day 1 tomorrow.

I actually used to run regularly years ago and 10k would have been a breeze. But depression took over and although I’ve dabbled in running on and off since, I’ve never had anything to focus on.

So here I am 😁
How’s it going a few weeks in? What a great goal and a lovely way to remember your sister.

Someone talk me down from entering an October 2022 marathon when my first marathon is May 2022…

I am an idiot. Trying to do 1 race a month this year. I'm sure I signed up for Cardiff for March. Nope. I signed up for the October edition which means 2 weeks in 3 weeks.

Fun!
I entered a race for August 2020. They've announced their date will be August 20th. I now have races on August 20th, September 11th, October 3rd and October 17th.

*only* a 10 mile race and 3 half marathons.

How’s it going a few weeks in? What a great goal and a lovely way to remember your sister.
It’s ok, I’ve been enjoying it. I’m on week 4 day 2 but I missed a run yesterday because I’m not well. Sort throat, headache. Hopefully I’ll be feeling a better tomorrow so I can carry on. I have to say the jump in the times you run increase much quicker than the C25K, a bit of a shock to the system 😂

That’s plenty of time to recover and go again…..
It is in theory but I’m not sure how much I’ll enjoy the first marathon and don’t want to get to the finish line thinking “duck, I’ve got to do that again!” Plus I’m a pretty injury prone runner so not sure that level of load is sensible… but it’s a European city marathon that I really want to do and we have hotel credit left over from a May 2020 holiday there we couldn’t take which runs out at the end of the year…

Not walking but I really get on well with my Nike Pegasus. Am male but fairly sure they’re as good cross gender. Use them for running until they die and then (depending on their state) retire them to lazy trainer wear.

Probably get a good 5-700miles out of them before they start to cause me to suffer any feeling of wear. And I’m not a lightly-set runner either so I put some wear and tear in them.

Euw! Did Brighton marathon on Sunday which was fine apart from the wind, especially at the end. Now off to find something a bit less peopley and less windy.