Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I’m just going to say it.
She needs to grow up.

I think her parents baby her, she is a 20 year old. A young ADULT.
At her age I was pregnant with my second child, had my home, engaged, studying and worked part time. Maybe I grew up far too quickly, but I can guarantee even as a teenager I would not be asking my mother to film me dancing around dressed up as a character.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t get it, in her latest blog she makes a point of having lots of tea and filling her hot water bottle up as their student house is cold, yet on Instagram she was boasting about working in a cold room at her parents?

Reactions: 7
She needs to grow up.

At her age I was pregnant with my second child, had my home, engaged, studying and worked part time. Maybe I grew up far too quickly, but I can guarantee even as a teenager I would not be asking my mother to film me dancing around dressed up as a character.
Why not let Ruby have some fun? It's not the end of the world that she has 'childish' interests or that her family is supportive. It may seem weird for someone who grew up as quickly as you did but I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She needs to grow up.

Are you a popular influencer ?

This comment is very uncalled for.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She needs to grow up.

It really seems like shes 14 and not 20 :/ I used to find it cute but now I find it a bit uncomfortable to watch. I do wonder if she will ever seem like an adult though, like is she still going to be doing this sort of thing in 10 years time?

I don't see the harm in ruby dressing up. To me, it's no different than cosplay or doing fancy dress. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what she's doing, it's only a bit of fun.

I personally really like her lookbooks. It doesn't matter how old she is! Who says having fun and playing dress up has a age limit?!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think there are way worse things she could be doing, but it can be a little silly. She’s done quite a few of these lookbooks by now. She definitely enjoys dressing up and playing characters. I think she should have studied Drama instead of English literature. That seems more suited for her.

She is absolutely harmless and if she wants to live in a little bubble where everything is rosy and warm then let her. Admittedly, there are some things that don't sit well with me but if she is happy and causing no harm then who am I to grumble?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t think there’s any problem with her doing “childish” things. I mean, what about the millions of adults who play video games for hours every day? They are literally “playing” too.

By all accounts, she’s doing more than most people at 20 - she’s bought a house, has her own company, a successful channel and is academically bright.

In a world of influencers who are her age and want to appear grown up, it’s nice to see her being herself. Even if it’s a bit cringey sometimes, I do find her endearing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t think there’s any problem with her doing “childish” things. I mean, what about the millions of adults who play video games for hours every day? They are literally “playing” too.

By all accounts, she’s doing more than most people at 20 - she’s bought a house, has her own company, a successful channel and is academically bright.

In a world of influencers who are her age and want to appear grown up, it’s nice to see her being herself. Even if it’s a bit cringey sometimes, I do find her endearing.
Yo hold up, shes bought a house??

Reactions: 1
Yo hold up, shes bought a house??
Yeh it was a cottage. She didn’t give much information but she did a video on it last year I think (she stayed there overnight). IIRC she was planning to rent it out and then move into it eventually (post uni I guess).

Reactions: 2
She also seemed really scatty in the last vlog after a “talk” she was giving, I’d recommend you watch that if you are wondering why she might have gone home! Her meant health after it was very very low

Reactions: 6
Yes you’re right i was being overly harsh, on the face of it she is harmless if not naive (nhs ad 😬), but, she is sweet and yes bright too. I’m not keen on the look book thing, moreso the twirling around and skipping if anything - she should be good at drama btw.

If I put it this way. I think she has so much potential and privilege to explore the world, pursue her educational desires...it seems, to me, that she is being held back from that..maybe confidence maybe parents babyfying her I’m not sure. sorry if I upset anyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with discussing her maturity levels on here, it is a discussion thread after all. I couldn’t imagine Ruby having a relationship (or a sexual one at that) or imagine her in a workplace when she’s posting videos of her prancing around her garden in a Coraline costume. Good for her doing whatever makes her happy but we shouldn’t forget that she is a 20 year old adult. I feel like people let her off for her naivety (especially the Government paid ad) because we see her as this innocent little twelve year old but she deserves to be held to account just like the rest of the influencers we criticise on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yeh it was a cottage. She didn’t give much information but she did a video on it last year I think (she stayed there overnight). IIRC she was planning to rent it out and then move into it eventually (post uni I guess).
Did she get rid of/private that video? I can't find it anywhere anymore... thought I had imagined it for a while.

Reactions: 1
Did she get rid of/private that video? I can't find it anywhere anymore... thought I had imagined it for a while.
I definitely remember watching it, she'd done it as an investment.

After watching the uni vlog I can see why she went home and I don't blame her, she seems a bit wobbly at the moment which is understandable.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with discussing her maturity levels on here, it is a discussion thread after all. I couldn’t imagine Ruby having a relationship (or a sexual one at that) or imagine her in a workplace when she’s posting videos of her prancing around her garden in a Coraline costume. Good for her doing whatever makes her happy but we shouldn’t forget that she is a 20 year old adult. I feel like people let her off for her naivety (especially the Government paid ad) because we see her as this innocent little twelve year old but she deserves to be held to account just like the rest of the influencers we criticise on here.
I feel this too, I think its fair to call out anyone whos being overly unkind for no reason but I don’t get the point in coming on here and being defensive of ruby just because someones said shes immature, bc realistically its true, she does act a lot younger than her age.

Seems like she did!

This is wild I never knew this, I wonder how shes funding that

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Probably her parents helped with the down payment and I have a hunch we always underestimate how much influencers earn from their social media channels. I think she had savings as she had started her channel quite young and still living at home i.e. no bills/expenses etc. to think of yet.

Reactions: 3
Probably her parents helped with the down payment and I have a hunch we always underestimate how much influencers earn from their social media channels. I think she had savings as she had started her channel quite young and still living at home i.e. no bills/expenses etc. to think of yet.
I think she’ll have saved it all herself, a smaller influencer than her would make about £500-1000 for a few Instagram posts, ruby will have raked it in with her long term sponsors etc! She will have 100% made enough to buy somewhere expensive on top of her student finance, I bet her parents helped her invest her money in the right places rather than giving her any money

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.