Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i'm in uni in england but my family and my home is back in Wales. this is my first year at uni and i have never lived alone. i havent seen my parents since beginning of september, and i would love to go back home but i cant as my teaching is face to face and online. i think we all cope differently with things. some days i am completely fine, but last night i had a breakdown because i missed my family so much. i guess it just depends how you cope with your emotions. i understand that she is privileged in a sense that she can go home and others cannot, but it all comes down to Ruby and her mental health.

i dont think she is aware of her privilege? to a certain extent she is, but after that i think she's just unaware which is really weird considering how 'smart' she seems to be, and how much she reads etc.

Reactions: 6
My biggest issue with Ruby’s latest video is this. I think she has the ugliest nails anyway but I can’t stand it when people film their hands and they have chipped nail polish.
Her skin looks so dry! 😲 If I saw that photo without knowing the context, I would think it was from a much older person

Reactions: 1
I have some - ok a lot of- questions/thoughts regarding her morning routine
- Why does she wash her hands first thing in the morning? They haven‘t touched anything dirty?
- Why can‘t she just focus on brushing her teeth? Surely she can‘t do a good job if she‘s distracted.
- cold water in the morning is not good for you. Drink if it wakes you up but not ice cold water
- anyone ever tried power poses?
- the temperatur measuring every morning seems a bit excessive. I only know people who try to conceive / not conceive doing this?! And why is it in Fahrenheit? I thought Brits use Celsius?
- notice how she doesn‘t mention the Telegraph (even though she did a couple videos ago?)
- ner nails were disgusting! And they don’t fit at all with her perfect put together aesthetic? Just take a minute and remove the old nail vanish🤢
- Her random posing and smiling at the camera seems so fake
- and I‘m not even going to say anything about the fit of her mask ...

Sorry, I just had to rant 😂 Had a really bad day and ever since her NHS / Government ad I‘m just so annoyed with her

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Blakeney doesn't follow her on instagram. It was always like this?
1603826015022.png

and I think this is unnecessary

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
What I don't understand is if she's aware of how she appears on the internet? She's obviously struggling at the moment, and I really appreciate her being open about her mental health- but is she not aware of what it looks like when she includes herself washing her hands first thing or taking her temperature everyday? If I felt compulsions returning the last thing I would do is add them to a youtube video to post to hundreds of thousands of people, making them look like a completely normal part of my routine.

• Sad
I don’t understand the candle meditation in the morning, I would have that down as an end of day cozy decompression type thing to do, rather than in the morning. Each to their own though.

Reactions: 2
I can’t take her hygiene routines seriously when she wears such poorly fitting masks.

Reactions: 3
Her hygiene habits definitely stem from irrational thought patterns. She sanitized her entire room but has no problem studying at a cafe while drinking tea (maskless, obviously). She's mentioned going to therapy before, so hopefully she's kept it up.

Reactions: 13
Considering how productive she's meant to be, I do find it super weird how long it takes for her to get videos out. Didn't she release something over the summer that had been filmed months prior whilst at uni??

Also, I really like that blouse she's showing off on Instagram, it's totally my style. I wish I had companies sending me things, lol
Agree! It looks really nice on her, really suited her

Reactions: 2
- anyone ever tried power poses?
- the temperatur measuring every morning seems a bit excessive. I only know people who try to conceive / not conceive doing this?! And why is it in Fahrenheit? I thought Brits use Celsius?
I could never bring myself to do power poses, it's just too cringey.

That thermometer probably has both units, but she chooses to use F because it's more oLd SkoOl.

Looking at her Insta, I feel like one of Ruby's motivations to move back home was the abundance of aesthetic things she can do there which she can't do in Exeter. She probably got too used to having all those opportunities around her in the 7 months she just at home doing little else, and now the reality of trying to continue life as normal is hitting her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I didn't even know "candle meditation" was a thing. I've unknowingly done it several times... basically just zoning out while watching a candle flame. I feel like making it a thing you have to do ruins the organic beauty of the moment.

Also, just did some power poses. Did nothing for me. Maybe it's a response you have to build up over time. I felt like I should have been waving my arms or dancing or something lol. Actually, a little dance in the morning is good fun. Let loose Ruby, do a morning jig. Shake things up 😅

I didn't even know "candle meditation" was a thing. I've unknowingly done it several times... basically just zoning out while watching a candle flame. I feel like making it a thing you have to do ruins the organic beauty of the moment.

Also, just did some power poses. Did nothing for me. Maybe it's a response you have to build up over time. I felt like I should have been waving my arms or dancing or something lol. Actually, a little dance in the morning is good fun. Let loose Ruby, do a morning jig. Shake things up 😅
the dancing in the morning is so true!! it wakes you up and gives you such positive energy afterwards, especially if you do it to music you love!!

Reactions: 4
Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone recite poetry that enthusiastically. It felt like a kinda cringey school drama performance 😂

Reactions: 7
Hang on, she said on a story that she likes working in the cold... but then also complained about working in the cold a couple videos ago... what's the truth, lass

That poetry recitation made me laugh and I kind of loved it. I like seeing Ruby doing weird things with some measure of passion instead of studying or drinking tea for hours on end. The inner theatre kid jumped out :LOL:

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.