Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she’ll have saved it all herself, a smaller influencer than her would make about £500-1000 for a few Instagram posts, ruby will have raked it in with her long term sponsors etc! She will have 100% made enough to buy somewhere expensive on top of her student finance, I bet her parents helped her invest her money in the right places rather than giving her any money
You're probably right, I still forget she's had a fair amount of sponsors as well as her side business 😁 Must be nice, I can't even think about buying a house without the thought of a mortgage depressing the soul out of me.

Reactions: 3
I thought she bought it when she was 17?18? In my mind, her parents either bought it for her or she used her trust fund to buy it. Maybe I’m just skeptical. I had a friend at uni who within two months of graduating bought a house with money from her parents. She currently charges her housemates for rent and it’s all in her name, nice work if you can get it 😂

Reactions: 4
What do you think Ruby should do to improve her confidence?
Its hard to say, she has led a very sheltered life and not had to ever struggle or do things for herself and I think that has made her very unconfident. I think she should try and stop avoiding things that cause her to worry, bc the more you avoid your fears the worse they become.

Reactions: 5
Its hard to say, she has led a very sheltered life and not had to ever struggle or do things for herself and I think that has made her very unconfident. I think she should try and stop avoiding things that cause her to worry, bc the more you avoid your fears the worse they become.
I feel like she just needs to make baby baby steps with doing "fear activities" as it were, eg I used to have a stunning combo of extremely lacking confidence and imposter syndrome which meant I never spoke in class, even during my fave classes, so one day I was like okay maybe if I put my hand up once or twice a week that's okay (which is tiny but more than nothing!) and then once I'd done it a few times I realised the world wouldn't come down around me and I could actually do it! The rest is history! You just have to take the scary/anxiety-inducing thing and do it just One Time to take the apprehension away and then its easier every time after that..I think Ruby's tendency to run for the hills at everything just makes the paranoia and the "what ifs" worse and worse unfortunately :(

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel like she just needs to make baby baby steps with doing "fear activities" as it were, eg I used to have a stunning combo of extremely lacking confidence and imposter syndrome which meant I never spoke in class, even during my fave classes, so one day I was like okay maybe if I put my hand up once or twice a week that's okay (which is tiny but more than nothing!) and then once I'd done it a few times I realised the world wouldn't come down around me and I could actually do it! The rest is history! You just have to take the scary/anxiety-inducing thing and do it just One Time to take the apprehension away and then its easier every time after that..I think Ruby's tendency to run for the hills at everything just makes the paranoia and the "what ifs" worse and worse unfortunately :(
Sorry if I’ve missed something but did Ruby say she’s lacking confidence in something? Obviously she’s v scared about covid. I know she’s part of clubs at uni and helps run the Harry Potter one IIRC, but is there something else?

Reactions: 2
Sorry if I’ve missed something but did Ruby say she’s lacking confidence in something? Obviously she’s v scared about covid. I know she’s part of clubs at uni and helps run the Harry Potter one IIRC, but is there something else?
She literally didn't leave her house for the entirety of lockdown 1 and she (not diagnosing at all) can be very obsessive about things eg the sanitising of her backpack a few months ago and when she moved into her uni house this year, so those are things she needs to work on. I just used confidence as an example as one of my "fear activities" was speaking in class and got over it by just facing it, whereas the things that cause her anxiety eg growing up she just runs from rather than breaking down the anxiety and dealing with it. She has mentioned therapy in the past though, so if she is still doing that I hope she works on these things!

Reactions: 8
she was bullied during her school years, maybe she acts so young because she's making up for the lost time and because she was too afraid to be herself?

Reactions: 7
What irritates me most about her is her study methods which are entirely ineffective and actually more time-wasting than productive and yet somehow she’s become as popular as she is.

I do think she is pretty out of touch, sheltered and privileged, but all in all I feel like she’s about average. Not extremely academically bright and not a total shut-in either. Lack of confidence and pretending to be someone else is not all that unique for someone her age especially for someone who was bullied in school. She has some obsessive tendencies but not nearly as bad as what I’ve seen from some others and she has mentioned seeing a therapist for it (not sure if she still is though).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What irritates me most about her is her study methods which are entirely ineffective and actually more time-wasting than productive and yet somehow she’s become as popular as she is.

I do think she is pretty out of touch, sheltered and privileged, but all in all I feel like she’s about average. Not extremely academically bright and not a total shut-in either. Lack of confidence and pretending to be someone else is not all that unique for someone her age especially for someone who was bullied in school. She has some obsessive tendencies but not nearly as bad as what I’ve seen from some others and she has mentioned seeing a therapist for it (not sure if she still is though).
Yeah I agree 100%. She is the definition of working hard, not working smart. I feel like any other person can study what she studies in like 1/3 of the time with the same results. She just likes busywork because it makes her feel less empty.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah I agree 100%. She is the definition of working hard, not working smart. I feel like any other person can study what she studies in like 1/3 of the time with the same results. She just likes busywork because it makes her feel less empty.
I can’t stand it, its just the whole toxic productivity thing. I think she fills her day with studying and doing meaningless little ‘productive’ tasks, so she doesn’t have time to worry about things or address any of her issues. Its really not healthy, and I think its problematic af and irresponsible of her to promote this kind of behaviour as if its normal, when she knows that a large amount of her following are young impressionable school age girls

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On her Instagram stories, she's gushing about how she loves each month. However, what she describes are the seasons, not the months - she just so happens to notice the changes in seasons occurring in specific months.

Also, she said that it snows in February in the UK. It hardly EVER snows in the south of England (maybe once every 5 years?!), so I don't know what she's talking about.

Reactions: 9
On her Instagram stories, she's gushing about how she loves each month. However, what she describes are the seasons, not the months - she just so happens to notice the changes in seasons occurring in specific months.

Also, she said that it snows in February in the UK. It hardly EVER snows in the south of England (maybe once every 5 years?!), so I don't know what she's talking about.
Oh man I just saw that 😂 the whole thing comes off as being really scripted and a bit jerky? And her tone doesn’t really match what shes saying... idk
I also cannot deal with people who feel the need to romanticize everything, especially things that are just generally tit, like winter.
You’re right, it rarely snows in winter in the south. Its almost always just 4 months of cold, rainy, dark and depressing weather.

Reactions: 8
She literally didn't leave her house for the entirety of lockdown 1 and she (not diagnosing at all) can be very obsessive about things eg the sanitising of her backpack a few months ago and when she moved into her uni house this year, so those are things she needs to work on.
Arguably, she, and most people in the UK right now, don't have to "work on" getting over a need to sanitise or stay at home. Those are the things we SHOULD be doing.

Reactions: 2
Arguably, she, and most people in the UK right now, don't have to "work on" getting over a need to sanitise or stay at home. Those are the things we SHOULD be doing.
You’re right we all should be taking it seriously and following the rules but I think what the op meant was that ruby can take things to an extreme, like unless someone is touching your back pack or coughing directly every day you don’t need to sanitise it all the time.
My dad is the same, hes always been a total germophobe but hes also taken covid to a ridiculous level. For example he only goes outside between midnight and 7am, sanitizes any shopping thats bought into the house, demands that the dog gets sanitized after every walk and even went through a phase of wearing an ffp2 mask at all times inside the house, yet he lives in an area of spain which has had consistently the lowest rate of covid since the pandemic started.
Its important to practice good hygiene and protect yourself but you do have to rationalise it to an extent and realise that when you take it to ridiculous levels, its going to effect your mental health.
I think a lot of her covid fear comes from her mum, I read her blog and most of the posts are about how scared she is of covid

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
You’re right we all should be taking it seriously and following the rules but I think what the op meant was that ruby can take things to an extreme, like unless someone is touching your back pack or coughing directly every day you don’t need to sanitise it all the time.
My dad is the same, hes always been a total germophobe but hes also taken covid to a ridiculous level. For example he only goes outside between midnight and 7am, sanitizes any shopping thats bought into the house, demands that the dog gets sanitized after every walk and even went through a phase of wearing an ffp2 mask at all times inside the house, yet he lives in an area of spain which has had consistently the lowest rate of covid since the pandemic started.
Its important to practice good hygiene and protect yourself but you do have to rationalise it to an extent and realise that when you take it to ridiculous levels, its going to effect your mental health.
I think a lot of her covid fear comes from her mum, I read her blog and most of the posts are about how scared she is of covid
I feel for your dad, I hope he feels better. I can relate, I had mild OCD before Covid but the threat and possibly spreading the virus to someone I care about has tipped me over the edge. I'm trying to have some boundaries and be sensible about it but it's challenging. Ruby was studying from home though and rarely ever went to the campus. Apart from their weekly shopping, she could easily avoid crowds. Of course I don't know the circumstances but I hope her friend was also happy with the arrangement. The way she showed the move back home was so abrupt and she's still posting vlogs from her uni flat. She has a strange sense of timing with her videos sometimes.

Sorry but what a weird food combo
View attachment 299330
Unless she's hiding a a tasty main dish under that waffle, that's one sad looking lunch.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Her videos being so out of order really bugs me. I just don’t understand how she can be so behind schedule all the time?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.