Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another vote for this one!!

I genuinely don't think Ruby is that organised at all. At least she isn't with her youtube. I suppose she could be super-organised and film a load of videos in advance that are just ready to go, but then that ends up making her look MORE disorganised because they're old content (like her uni routines when she's been moved home a good few weeks now). And it's totally fine if she wants to be mega-organised like this and have loads of videos ready to go, but she just needs to be mindful of what content she puts out when, like not doing any more uni vlogs when she left uni. Things like book reviews, or study with mes, or things like that are probably worth having "ready to go" - but not routines etc that are no longer relevant :)

I think she gets really into what she’s studying and forgets everything else 😅 I’ve said this before but I’m part of her book club on Facebook and she’s just kind of abandoned the group. Like she said we’d all do a zoom call to discuss the books but nothing happened. She hasn’t been on there for months and the moderators run it now cos they can’t get in touch with her.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I think she gets really into what she’s studying and forgets everything else 😅 I’ve said this before but I’m part of her book club on Facebook and she’s just kind of abandoned the group. Like she said we’d all do a zoom call to discuss the books but nothing happened. She hasn’t been on there for months and the moderators run it now cos they can’t get in touch with her.
Thats... that’s quite something for someone who’s brand is “being productive”. It wouldn’t take too long to set up Zoom calls in advance, either. I mean it’s just a book club!

More evidence that Ruby is indeed in her own little world.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
That's pretty bad! What's the book club called?

Reactions: 1
A lot of nice-looking planners are expensive so Ruby is not the only one charging these prices but still.... most of her audience seems to be young and still financially dependent on their parents. She should have considered that while pricing them. Personally, I won't be getting one because of the shipping cost to mainland Europe but that's probably out of Ruby's control

Reactions: 3
A lot of nice-looking planners are expensive so Ruby is not the only one charging these prices but still.... most of her audience seems to be young and still financially dependent on their parents. She should have considered that while pricing them. Personally, I won't be getting one because of the shipping cost to mainland Europe but that's probably out of Ruby's control
Not only that, as someone mentioned above she should have given warning for pre orders. I mean, the video announcing it went up half hour after they started. Some peoples parents may not get paid until the end of the month, which means they'll have missed out.
Just another case of Ruby not realising her privilege in my opinion - to not consider that people may not be able to afford £16 right now

Reactions: 6
I don’t get the criticism on her planners, it’s a business not a philanthropy
Loool chile, no one suggested it was, people just said it was overpriced which makes it a bit inaccessible to her young following, which is true. And tbh even as an adult I find 16£ for a planner pretty over priced

Reactions: 9
How much is the planner?
£16 + £3 postage, so £19 all told.

I think when she brought it up a while back, she avoided the question a bit by saying she doesn't actually use Facebook much anyway, so that's why she forgets about it. I wonder whether she would answer the same way now if people asked her. Maybe she hopes that everyone else has forgotten it too?

Edit: When I clicked on the link to her book club, it brings up a message that says "This content isn't available at the moment. When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted." So no new members can join, or has it been deleted?

Reactions: 2
£16 + £3 postage, so £19 all told.

I think when she brought it up a while back, she avoided the question a bit by saying she doesn't actually use Facebook much anyway, so that's why she forgets about it. I wonder whether she would answer the same way now if people asked her. Maybe she hopes that everyone else has forgotten it too?

Edit: When I clicked on the link to her book club, it brings up a message that says "This content isn't available at the moment. When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people or changed who can see it, or it's been deleted." So no new members can join, or has it been deleted?
Not sure why that happened - try searching for the name of the group in Facebook? It’s definitely still there and pretty active. There’s multiple posts on there every day. Usually people looking for book recommendations. Occasionally someone will do a post saying they’re disappointed Ruby isn’t involved in the group and they usually get piled on.

Not sure why that happened - try searching for the name of the group in Facebook? It’s definitely still there and pretty active. There’s multiple posts on there every day. Usually people looking for book recommendations. Occasionally someone will do a post saying they’re disappointed Ruby isn’t involved in the group and they usually get piled on.
Oh yes, I can see it now. I've requested to join just to see what's like, then I'll peace out again.

Edit: Wow, Ruby really isn't anywhere to be seen, is she? She should have made it clearer that she would hand it over to others to run if that's what she planned to do.

Ooh really? I feel like if she isn't able to keep on top of all the things she does, just, don't do them? I feel like her "being productive" only really extends to studying and reading, which is absolutely fine but maybe just focus on those things if you want to do those things, rather than having other things on the go and just, leaving them.

Talking about her other things, like the planners, I don't think £16 is tooooo overpriced for a nice planner, but I think it is another case of her not quite realising her privilege. £16 isn't a LOT of money, and for many people that would be fine, but not everyone is in a position to spend extra on things like this. To be fair, I'm waiting on some bank stuff to be sorted and even for me I wouldn't justify £16 on a planner right now. And that's coming from a full-time-working thirty-something (who doesn't earn badly, life just costs A LOT!). I do really like Ruby and I really don't think she means to cause offence or upset or anything like that; in fact I think she'd be mortified if she felt like she was upsetting, offending or alienating people. She's just in a very fortunate position and just hasn't really experienced life outside of her sheltered, privileged bubble. And I don't mean that badly, I think she just needs to be a bit less naive about the position she's in and the fact that she assumes everyone to be in the same position, that's all. I feel like she started to do this in her aca-day-mia video where she talked about it being very Eurocentric - and I hope she continues to do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think my problem is the amount of time she’s given to people to order them, really only about 3 days - that’s not enough notice for all of her fans to see her video in time to order them. So yes it’s a business but, it’s not the best service if there’s a narrow opportunity to order. That said, she probably makes enough from them so fair play to her i guess.

Reactions: 3
I think my problem is the amount of time she’s given to people to order them, really only about 3 days - that’s not enough notice for all of her fans to see her video in time to order them. So yes it’s a business but, it’s not the best service if there’s a narrow opportunity to order. That said, she probably makes enough from them so fair play to her i guess.
The only reason I can think of for the tiny pre-order window is that the manufacturer doesn't plan to make that many.

Haha oh man, it’s not like “academia” has vowels that tend to differ in dialect (like the a in bath, glass, past etc. or the dreaded scone/scone debate). She probably says acaDAYmia to sound fancier but just looks silly.
I say aca-day-mia. The Latin root of the word is with that pronunciation, and whilst traditional British pronunciation would be aca-dee-mia, both are correct.

It’s acad-ee-mia because it’s Greek
I know. I'm saying that in Latin it would be aca-day-mia, and that both are now in common usage. Much like everyone says Mo-ay when it should be M-wet - we assume the word is French, and pronounce accordingly when it is actually Dutch. However, both are now right because language evolves and moves.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.