Ruby Granger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know. I'm saying that in Latin it would be aca-day-mia, and that both are now in common usage. Much like everyone says Mo-ay when it should be M-wet - we assume the word is French, and pronounce accordingly when it is actually Dutch. However, both are now right because language evolves and moves.
They're definitely not both in common usage though lol, I've never heard anyone other than Ruby call it aca-day-mia

Reactions: 9
I don't know about anyone else, but my first thought when I saw the note she'd left for the postman was: I bet he'll think that was written by a child or pre-teen.

Reactions: 5
Thread suggestions:
Free Miss Paytanearrrr and fake dark acaDAYmia

Thats... that’s quite something for someone who’s brand is “being productive”. It wouldn’t take too long to set up Zoom calls in advance, either. I mean it’s just a book club!

More evidence that Ruby is indeed in her own little world.
That’s shocking

the note for the postman is a nice thing to do but it reminds me of my first ever proper uni exam where a girl told me she’d written a thank you note for our lecturer at the end of her essay (not really a thing you would do where i’m from at all)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else feel like she is part of the lgbtq community
I don't know, it feels very hard to pinpoint as she never talks about relationships at all. I feel like it's something she'd never want to discuss online anyway, and maybe not even with friends in-person.

Does anyone else feel like she is part of the lgbtq community
I think that she’s asexual.

but her sexuality is clearly quite repressed so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s because she’s actually bi/gay. Speaking here as a bi girl who had no relationship for years because she was afraid of her sexuality, before anyone comes at me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She could be very private about that aspect of her life.

I'm the type of person who makes disgusting jokes especially about sex. However, when it comes to discussing it with anyone whether it be a family member, close friend or boyfriend/girlfriend, I get very uncomfortable and awkward.

I'm not saying Ruby is the same as me, she definitely does not strike me as the type to have a dark sense of humour. However, she does strike me as quite private when it comes to certain things and I reckon that's one of them.

We're not obligated to know I guess as she is a StudyTube channel.

(Just my opinion!)

Reactions: 9
She could be very private about that aspect of her life.

I'm the type of person who makes disgusting jokes especially about sex. However, when it comes to discussing it with anyone whether it be a family member, close friend or boyfriend/girlfriend, I get very uncomfortable and awkward.

I'm not saying Ruby is the same as me, she definitely does not strike me as the type to have a dark sense of humour. However, she does strike me as quite private when it comes to certain things and I reckon that's one of them.

We're not obligated to know I guess as she is a StudyTube channel.

(Just my opinion!)
Agree!

She just might not want to blast her sexuality to her half a million subscribers, it's a personal thing to talk about for some people. I definitely get the impression she's awkward about things like that, I was shocked she even showed a sanitary towel in one of her videos because she is so reserved.
Sometimes I've gotten the impression she may be asexual because she's never spoken about anything to do with relationships but who knows.

I wonder if she'd consider a relationship productive ;)

Reactions: 6
Absolutely! I don't think there is anything wrong with speculation, however Ruby only shows us a portion of her life. She shows us what she wants the viewer to see.

I'm not saying she's going out clubbing and she absolutely is not the type, we all know that. However, she could be into boys or girls or not at all but chooses to keep that aspect of her life out of the public eye.

I kinda respect her for having boundaries in that sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think that she’s asexual.

but her sexuality is clearly quite repressed so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s because she’s actually bi/gay. Speaking here as a bi girl who had no relationship for years because she was afraid of her sexuality, before anyone comes at me.
If she wants to keep it private then that's fine I think. I remember in a video with Jade they were talking about their 'love language' and that made me think maybe she's not asexual but just hasn't been in a relationship yet.

Reactions: 1
I think she gets really into what she’s studying and forgets everything else 😅 I’ve said this before but I’m part of her book club on Facebook and she’s just kind of abandoned the group. Like she said we’d all do a zoom call to discuss the books but nothing happened. She hasn’t been on there for months and the moderators run it now cos they can’t get in touch with her.
Oh dear, that's not great. I always feel like Ruby likes the idea of being productive and busy but actually has appalling time management skills. The need for control aside, if she needs to factor in the slightest little task on her to-do list, I wonder how well she would do without one. She must overestimate the amount of commitments she can handle. Her mentality of "work hard, not smart" isn't the best way to go. If she doesn't try to fix that now, she'll be in deeper tit after uni, if she gets a regular job. My employers don't care if I have spent x amount of time on research with meticulous footnotes; they are pretty much only interested in the end product. And it's rare that you get to be so flexible with how well you plan your day. With her privilege she may not ever have to deal with this but the amount of stress she causes for herself with the unnecessary extra work hours must be hard on her mental health too.

I know. I'm saying that in Latin it would be aca-day-mia, and that both are now in common usage. Much like everyone says Mo-ay when it should be M-wet - we assume the word is French, and pronounce accordingly when it is actually Dutch. However, both are now right because language evolves and moves.
Are they both 'right' though? Just because something is commonly used, doesn't make that usage right. I feel like language evolving is more than "if you can understand what I mean, then how I choose to say what I say is still correct".

Off topic but I couldn't understand what you meant by "it is actually Dutch". Moët is for Claude Moët, the French founder of the brand.)

Edit: I checked the etymology and origin of Moët and I get what you mean. However the pronounciation is still M-wet like you said! The "French" pronounciation doesn't/shouldn't change. I guess people assume so because of the French language rules but that doesn't make the silent T necessarily correct. Just makes it a common use.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
imagine that she will fall in love with someone very opposed to her?

well, I feel like this is very personal of her, if she wants to talk about it someday in her videos or keep it hidden. I don't feel she is asexual and aromantic or maybe she is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.