Ruby granger #2 it’s acadaymia not acadeemia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Browsing YouTube today and her ‘Christmas day study with me’ video was recommended.

I thought she couldn’t possibly mean literal Christmas Day but she did!
Studying on Christmas Day explains who she is so well...

Reactions: 11
TLDR:
She can’t pronounce academia
She promotes unhealthy study habits
Dresses kinda cute but needs to learn when things clash
Acts a little immature for her age
Has never acknowledged her privilege

anything I missed?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Took money from the government for hand-washing #ad, when that money could have been spent on the NHS instead.
Terrible youtube admin, late uploads constantly
Selling overpriced planners to kids when many parents are struggling with pandemic economy.
Personal pet peeve: yearly planner only a few weeks after the academic planner feels like a last-minute cash grab.

Reactions: 13
Took money from the government for hand-washing #ad, when that money could have been spent on the NHS
Especially as the gov have just announced a possible pay freeze on the public sector for the next 3 years. I know nhs won’t be affected (apparently) but the gov want to try and save money AFTER paying people like ruby to tell people how to wash their hands

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think her want (need?) to write endless to-do lists is partly due to it now being part of her studying 'process', but also I feel there's an element of control there. She has said she has obsessive-compulsive tendencies, and that would explain why she needs to write things on her lists which perhaps wouldn't be written by someone without them (i.e. wash hands, make a specific food for lunch, watch a specific film etc.).

Reactions: 3
regarding the lists thing, i personally do the same and write reminders on my phone for the things that i need to do each day and then tick them off as i go along. usually they’re pretty normal stuff (actual reminders), but on the days where my mental health is a little wobbly i will include things like getting ready, making food, and ticking those off gives me a sense of accomplishment. i think ruby does the same - not in terms of mental health, but definitely feels validated by ticking things off her list.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
regarding the lists thing, i personally do the same and write reminders on my phone for the things that i need to do each day and then tick them off as i go along. usually they’re pretty normal stuff (actual reminders), but on the days where my mental health is a little wobbly i will include things like getting ready, making food, and ticking those off gives me a sense of accomplishment. i think ruby does the same - not in terms of mental health, but definitely feels validated by ticking things off her list.
I’m the exact same! Tomorrow is my day off after a busy week and I have a to do list of all my chores, even down to mundane things such as “sort recycling”

it helps keep me grounded and on track of things and not get overwhelmed, whilst I sometimes think of Ruby’s list obsession as maybe a little extreme it’s not too different from me

Browsing YouTube today and her ‘Christmas day study with me’ video was recommended.

I thought she couldn’t possibly mean literal Christmas Day but she did!
Studying on Christmas Day explains who she is so well...
It’s just for shock factor. If you don’t celebrate Christmas then fair enough, study, but Roobie values family time yet spends her Christmas being pRoDuCtIvE

Reactions: 5
I do, to an extent. I would forget stuff if I didn't, but mine is stuff like "email x re: thing" and "plan English" - it's just so I have a bit of a memory prompt for what I need to do each day. It's been invaluable whilst my bubble has been down at work, but I definitely don't do what Ruby does, like list hand washing and making lunch! I wonder if it's because she likes to be able to tick absolutely everything off because "productivity"?

Also thanks @Welshgal for the new thread, I got halfway through it, got distracted by an email, and never went back! So sorry about that and thanks for sorting it!!!

I don't think it's a bad thing to put small things on your list, like "shower" or "make breakfast" because at the end of the day it's your list and it depends on what's important to you. I make a lot of lists that include "washing" or "recycling" because it gives my day structure and they're small things I often leave to build up so I feel good when they're done.

I think the issue with Ruby's lists is her timings - she is so so strict with times and I can see why she would get stressed if one little thing slips. You can't time things down to the second because other things inevitably happen and throw you off. Tasks take as long as they take which is why I find it more helpful to pick out and prioritise the things I want to do on a day rather than squeeze everything in and giving myself ten minutes for something that will inevitably take longer.

Reactions: 12
Totally agree about the timings!! I will quite often order my to-do list because there are certain types of work I like doing at different times of day, but I could never put such strict times to it! As an experiment I tried it for a day and it was horrific - it got messed up within the first hour 😂

Reactions: 10
I don't know where Ruby got the lifting her leg pose she does when showing outfits or taking mirror boomerangs but it needs to go away. I find it irrationally annoying.

I don't know where Ruby got the lifting her leg pose she does when showing outfits or taking mirror boomerangs but it needs to go away. I find it irrationally annoying.
Haha I was just coming on here to make that comment! I don’t know why it irritates me so much but it’s so awkward... and we can already see her slippers in the shot!

Reactions: 2
I think it must be something she's seen other influencers do, but they only do it when we can't see their shoes - unlike Ruby with her full length mirror :LOL:

• Haha
I'm sorry but I don't know if I necessarily believe Ruby's iq is that high.

She's absolutely clever but clever in a memory sense.

Reactions: 9
Ah yes, she is definitely this smart 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 If you're going to lie at least choose something vaguely believable

Screenshot_20201122-125949~2.png

Screenshot_20201122-130225.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ah yes, she is definitely this smart 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 If you're going to lie at least choose something vaguely believable

View attachment 319913

View attachment 319914
She definitely is not in that bracket. Her intelligence comes from lots of studying, it’s probably not entirely natural. And the IQ test includes lots of different areas of intelligence, so getting an A* in certain subjects probably isn’t a measure of high IQ, just hard work

And the IQ test includes lots of different areas of intelligence, so getting an A* in certain subjects probably isn’t a measure of high IQ, just hard work
And she didn't even get A*s in her A levels, she got one and two As (which only puts her in the top 25% for those subjects!)

Edit: which is good but 1 in 4 is nowhere near 1 in 31560 people, you know?

My IQ is 118 and I hated school. My grades weren't great because of issues I won't disclose but I know I'm not stupid and could have done a lot better.

Anyway! 🤣

I hate how she acts like she's smarter than she actually is. It's kinda nauseating.

Studying constantly does not equal clever.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.