Ruby Granger #8 Government checks, body checks, and yet no privilege checks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
wtf is domestic productivity? does she mean CHORES
As we were able to see in past videos, cleaning your house and doing chores is not productive and aesthetic enough for Ruby. I mean it's pretty hard to make rubbing countertops and vacuuming and ironing clothes look pretty and cottagecore.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ruby Granger #9 Cottage core, a total bore, the adult world she is not prepared for

also (less sure about this one lmao)
#9 Ruby Granger and the Half-Hearted Influencer

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I just watched the video and it is unbearable. She's basically a parody of herself at this point. And her total blindness to her privilege is really galling. She's talking about the pandemic as an opportunity for 'slow living' and it's like.....loads of us have been working as normal, either as key workers or holed up in home offices. Many of us have been risking our health because we need to keep working. Many of us have lost loved ones. People have been struggling to eat because they've lost jobs, homes....and she's lazing around in her massive country garden, lecturing us about simple pleasures and 'domestic productivity' and only buying from farm shops? She is absolutely insufferable.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Ruby Granger #9 Gymnastic adventures in the Victorian Dark Academia Grandmacore Cottagecore Romantic Academia country side.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Fast fashion and other shops definitely capitalize on whatever aesthetic is in at the moment. Almost every store I go to lately has dresses and other clothing and accessory items that fit into the cottage core theme. I understand that people are trying to escape present times, but buying a whole new wardrobe and a bunch of items to fit into an aesthetic is the total opposite of what it meant to live a slow or simple life in the countryside. Maybe I'm just old now, but it's just crazy to me how many "aesthetics" and trends teens/young people have to choose from now and how much effort and money it requires to do it perfectly. Like...Ruby's video was a whole guide about how to mold yourself and your personality into a particular trend. It's really weird when you actually think about it.

Reactions: 12
I just watched the video and it is unbearable. She's basically a parody of herself at this point. And her total blindness to her privilege is really galling. She's talking about the pandemic as an opportunity for 'slow living' and it's like.....loads of us have been working as normal, either as key workers or holed up in home offices. Many of us have been risking our health because we need to keep working. Many of us have lost loved ones. People have been struggling to eat because they've lost jobs, homes....and she's lazing around in her massive country garden, lecturing us about simple pleasures and 'domestic productivity' and only buying from farm shops? She is absolutely insufferable.
Her reference to the pandemic is particularly tactless. For most people, Ruby, the pandemic has not been an opportunity for slow living, because we don't get to skip around fields all day and bake cookies and press flowers between pages and change our clothes 5 times a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I couldn't watch any more than 10 seconds of Ruby's latest video. It's like watching a child, and I just makes me feel like watching it is inappropriate.

As she no longer talks much about her studies, it makes her seem so much more infantile. I'm surprised she managed to get sponsored by UCAS.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m quite confused why she picked Emily Dickinson as her first poet. It is widely understood that Dickinson struggled with anxiety and possibly agoraphobia - that’s not an aesthetic Ruby! I can just imagine her reading dickinson’s poetry and pick out all the “quotable” lines completely taking them out of context. As for films - she’s literally listing all the films she’s ever watched!

“Can help you act out your happiest self”... once again, Ruby gives us a literature student worthy example of irony, because the whole point of true happiness is that it is NOT AN ACT. Jesus, why are her fans such sheep and not pointing out these contradictions?! She’s promoting a completely false narrative and so many young, impressionable people will fall for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Fast fashion and other shops definitely capitalize on whatever aesthetic is in at the moment. Almost every store I go to lately has dresses and other clothing and accessory items that fit into the cottage core theme. I understand that people are trying to escape present times, but buying a whole new wardrobe and a bunch of items to fit into an aesthetic is the total opposite of what it meant to live a slow or simple life in the countryside. Maybe I'm just old now, but it's just crazy to me how many "aesthetics" and trends teens/young people have to choose from now and how much effort and money it requires to do it perfectly. Like...Ruby's video was a whole guide about how to mold yourself and your personality into a particular trend. It's really weird when you actually think about it.
Hence why influencers are an absolute gift to companies in regards to appealing to younger people & kids. They take someone the same age as them, send over some #gifted clothing, and the content basically writes itself. Next thing you know you've got crowds of teens rushing to Primark/H&M and online stores to recreate some meaningless concept invented to sell specific items. It's especially ironic when 'sustainable' Youtubers still create sponsored content, as it often directly feeds into the waste and poverty created by fast fashion and big businesses.

Reactions: 11
If she does have an ED, I am surprised her parents have not taken action. Her mum used to work at a psychology clinic.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
tbf (the comment is weird I wont deny that) but BTS (the group) have millions of fans so at this point BTS isn't so much Back To School as it is Bangtan Sonyeondan, this is probably just some ten year old BTS fan
But as BTS is well known as the thing that the current teens like, it would be easy for some creep to make this their username to try and make themselves look like a 10 year old BTS fan. And they asked for "preschool/primary school"... I doubt this person is in preschool, and I can't imagine a preteen or teen Ruby fan being interested in preschool. Maybe I'm paranoid but this seems very creepy to me that someone wants a childlike adult to dress and act as a toddler

Reactions: 12
But as BTS is well known as the thing that the current teens like, it would be easy for some creep to make this their username to try and make themselves look like a 10 year old BTS fan. And they asked for "preschool/primary school"... I doubt this person is in preschool, and I can't imagine a preteen or teen Ruby fan being interested in preschool. Maybe I'm paranoid but this seems very creepy to me that someone wants a childlike adult to dress and act as a toddler
Absolutely, and I’m not saying that isn’t the case here but we know there are a lot of young fans (up to the age of about 11) from various countries who watch Ruby who may be in preschool/primary school. You could be right!

It is totally weird though ~ she needs to be careful with what she puts out there, and encourages.

Reactions: 1
It seems like she is trying so hard to be a certain person and live a certain way. Doesn't seem like she is happy.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.