Ruby Granger #8 Government checks, body checks, and yet no privilege checks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it really necessary for her to cut to a scene of her giving a flower a sniff every two minutes in that video? bleeping bizarre lol
And I take it she’s not doing the dark ackadaymia thing anymore then?

Reactions: 16
A few thoughts after that video
- Her outfits get worse as time goes on
- Y'all won't catch me lying on damp grass for the 'aesthetic'
- Imagine telling people to shop locally and from farmers markets, failing to mention they are usually more expensive than imported (I think she means supermarket??) foods, and sort of guilt tripping people because of the amount of plastic cheaper food tend to come wrapped in
- The constant mention of charity shops (we get it rubez, you're trying to show you're one of us and this aesthetic is affordable!)
- That weird smile/stare she does when looking at anything
- Y'all also won't ever catch me hugging a tree
- All of those essentials just seemed so...random?? A ceramic bowl, watercolour set, empty milk bottles...

She's a weird one

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So after watching the new video, I worry that she might take a leaf out of jades book and start calling herself “nature girl” after sniffing a few flowers.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Okay I've watched like 10 seconds of the video and I'm already cringing at her taking off her pink coat and then dragging it in the dirt behind her to pose.

I think this may actually be the cringiest video Ruby has uploaded so far. It's amazing

Last edited:
Umm pandemic doesn't equal slow life? How out of touch can she be.

The video is an absolute cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She looks so frail here
okay but that's how my grandma (oh wait, grandmama whatever) stands, this posture is causing my pain just by looking at it 😣 i mean, if she had worn her black coat with that fur i would be pretty sure she's now going for victoriancottagegrandmamacore

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thread title suggestion: Ruby Granger #9: A Study in Rich White Girl Aesthetics.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm sure someone has already pointed this out but it's so ironic how she acts like she's so sustainable and yet she's constantly jumping on the latest trend or "aesthetic". Does she realize that ever-changing online trends equates to more fast fashion and consumerism? And to teens being bullied or feeling bad about themselves because they don't fit the latest aesthetic? Trends and fast fashion should go against everything she believes in, but she doesn't really care, half her personality is an act

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So she goes on about sustainability yet she’s perfectly happy to accept a laptop she doesn’t really need and presumably has kept it (what has she done with that I wonder?) and on her insta story she shows off a new “gifted” outfit everyday?? Roobee how can you preach about going to charity shops when in reality you get gifted outfits from various companies all the time?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So she goes on about sustainability yet she’s perfectly happy to accept a laptop she doesn’t really need and presumably has kept it (what has she done with that I wonder?) and on her insta story she shows off a new “gifted” outfit everyday?? Roobee how can you preach about going to charity shops when in reality you get gifted outfits from various companies all the time?
also it's mostly misspatina she gets her outfits from, from what I know they're not as great as ruby says I think they're pretty much fast fashion, not actually what ruby is preaching to us all the time

• Heart
Reactions: 11
wtf is ballet academia? Her obsession with these aesthetics seems very juvenile. I feel like most people explore their identity in this superficial way when you're 14/16 not when you're almost 21.
Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 07.46.32.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
The new video seriously pissed me off, not only because it is so tone deaf but also because it's so not cottagecore. Lol.

All these aesthetics, it seems like the only thing Ruby doesn’t want to be is herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
All these aesthetics... why does everything have to be an aesthetic? Reminds me of my emo phase when I was like 14.
I don’t understand why Ruby can’t just be herself, it’s almost sad that she has to put a label on everything :(

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was watching old Ruby videos the other day and jesus christ, she used to eat so differently to how she does now
ACB393A2-E9E8-45E3-A816-3DE8D3635099.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I can't rag on her choice of aesthetic videos because there's a market for this and ultimately she wants to monetise her content. Just checked her IG and back here and can see she's still pulling the ED tomfoolery (whether genuine or misguided #aesthetic) so yeah, I still won't be watching her videos. Intrigues me that she did a post about Atypical Anorexia though, suggests we're not reading into things and there is something ED related going on. Either way, completely not here for the photos in angled mirrors to make her look like a bobblehead with the effect further enhanced by wearing babydoll-esque clothing. I think it is very deliberate.
I don't know if any of you guys know much about Eugenia Cooney but recently, she's been doing a lot more bodychecking in her streams and being very obvious about it (e.g. getting up to do stretches and seeing people comment she looks so thin and responding "i dont know what you guys meaaaan, i'm just ~stretching") - Ruby's behaviour reeks of it too tbh. You can have an ED and still knowingly put out toxic messages about body image. I struggled with an ED for years and a large part of that was influenced by my mum and her sister's who also had EDs (and some of them still do). They knew how damaging their EDs were but still valued thinness, food control etc and promoted that. I guess seeing things from that perspective just makes me more annoyed at these influencers then anything else.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Surely if she’s making a guide for a particular aesthetic it should be one that she actually sticks to in her general life (or at least online presence). It just seems like she picks an aesthetic of the week to do some very brief research into just for the purposes of a video

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.