Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kingdomhearts

Twirling around the garden again... I live on a rough council estate in Manchester and if someone witnessed me twirling around the street I’d get stabbed. Never mind if I got about wearing a boater hat. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30

ECH

VIP Member
This entire story definitely reads like what someone who's never had to experience bullying imagines bullying to be like

Randomer123

I thought it was interesting that she was wearing 'normal' clothes when she filmed her outro - on a day that she wasn't expecting to film. This makes me suspect more & more that all her vintage/random collars/etc stuff is just for her Ruby Granger character.

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
Still can't comprehend how this girl can talk about reading books for her Holocaust module yet still no peep about the money she took from the Holocaust foundation. I'm never going to let this go, the more I think about it, the more angry it makes me.

In the latest video, she still comes across incredibly smug and pretentious. The worst thing is... I don't think she even means to do it.

• Heart
Long time lurker here, but this was just comical!

anyone see this?

I actually responded to the story because she’s highlighted a part that says “I don’t read literature unless the author is dead 30 years”

Imagine admitting you live in the past which she’s done by highlighting that section
F5583D2C-4CC2-4B0A-8BFD-086CBF3A1A25.png

• Haha
  • Sick

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Just read that wild argument on the comments and it’s worrying to see Ruby completely ignore it. She’s seen the comments if she’s replied to the girl but tbh it’s her responsibility to tell those rude af 12 year olds to be nice, also she can delete comments. Now I hate influencers deleting comments but some of those attacking comments are just uncalled for and keeping them up shows Ruby agrees with them in a way
Exactly. ‘Be kind’ doesn’t just mean ‘be kind to me’. If you have a platform, you also have a responsibility to encourage decent behaviour on there too. Especially if you advertise your platform as being anti-bullying.

Kcn

Chatty Member
Ruby Granger #6 Twirling round the garden in the cold, acting like an 8 year old

• Haha

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
omg I keep saying she’s filthy! I don’t personally know anyone who has a bunch of grime under their fingernails 🤢🤮
wasn't she paid by the UK government to... show people how to wash their hands lmao

• Haha
  • Sick

n8459

Chatty Member
Exactly if they lived on a council estate looking like that people would be calling the mum a tramp and every other name under the sun
100%. I grew up in a council home with a single mother who worked 2 jobs. She was forever working her backside off to make us “presentable” and not adhere to any stereotypes. Our home was always spotless, school uniform beautifully ironed, and she was always making sure I spoke “proper English” (which I now recognise as problematic)

She was always super conscious of us looking undeserving, trashy or basically being stereotyped in any way.

Middle class people get away with SO much, it really pisses me off

Edit: I also remembered it was about how we dressed too! She used to always make sure I was dressed smartly when I went out, if I had PE at school she didn’t like me coming home in my tracksuit, and lord help me if my school tie wasn’t done properly 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart

buflesse

Chatty Member
Long time lurker here, but this was just comical!

anyone see this?

I actually responded to the story because she’s highlighted a part that says “I don’t read literature unless the author is dead 30 years”

Imagine admitting you live in the past which she’s done by highlighting that sectionView attachment 432156
What a ridiculous thing to agree with. And ironic given that she's currently reading Haruki Murakami? Also doesn't she realise that writers have to make a living? We won't have many more great writers if no one buys/reads their books until they're long dead 🙄

Reactions: 29

lizzie2707

The sloppiness of how Ruby dresses is to me such a sign of her privilege. She can dress like that and get away with coming across as cutesy and aesthetic. If a Black working class 20 year old woman dressed like that she’d be criticised for not making and effort or caring about her appearance. Don’t get me wrong there’s always a time to be a bit sloppy - I have spent much of lockdown in the same joggers and hoodie! But if I’m in online class, or if I were putting videos of myself on the internet, you can bet I’m dressed reasonably nicely (obvs not formal, but I wouldn’t have holes in my tights!), clean hands and taken care of nails etc. She can only get away with looking grubby because she’s a young white woman with a posh accent.

• Heart

DietGossip

VIP Member
Omg I literally just came across this
Late to the party: I'm currently marking first year's first assignments. The majority of the marks I'm giving out are 2:2s. Why? Because they're still writing at A-Level standard- so they write well, but it takes a bit of practice to get your head around writing at University standard. This reaction is exactly what I don't want my students to be feeling, that's why my feedback is quite detailed and points out where they can make changes to get higher marks.

• Heart

roundmidnight

What does she mean by "(including classics)"? Are they not books? Why specifically state that? 😂

I'm also absolutely annoyed by how people comments section are comparing how much they've read to how much she read in a month. It's not a competition, it's not about quantity, it's not a tell-all about how productive you are. You wouldn't be comparing how many movies, tv shows or games you've played, have you? I really think this is such a toxic attitude... Not blaming Ruby for it here, it clearly is something that comes from people who are more prone to, as I've said, compare themselves to Ruby, but still.

Another nitpick of mine: why so many children's books? Not that there's anything wrong with them per se, but damn, you wanted to get more involved with the Holocaust topic, maybe you could've gone a bit further and do some WW2 reading as well?

Nevertheless, it'd be a good idea if she kept doing these videos on a monthly basis. I think they work better than a single video at the end of the year.

• Heart

Lola123

VIP Member
That’s what my parents are doing with me and tbh I don’t see an issue with it if they can afford to do so. Like obviously I’m really grateful - I’m not going want to rent when I can just get a mortgage. It makes a lot of sense lol so idk what’s wrong with it! I’m assuming Ruby’s parents are doing something similar with the cottage except ruby lives elsewhere
It’s just very very different to the majority of uni students these days. You are very lucky your parents have the capital to do that. The issue is, there seems to be no acknowledgement of this financial privilege from Ruby, so her fans saying she isn’t rich is just plain stupid

• Heart