Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
They're in Textiles and Erimentha observes, "as customary," she's ahead of her classmates. What a folly to be placed among such imbeciles!

There's an altercation between her and Kimberly + a bottle of orange dye. It reaches its climax with Erimentha telling Kimberly she's scared of her, which seems to satisfy Kimberly's sadistic streak, only there is no safe word between them. (Tofu, perhaps? Is that what BDSM vegans pick?)

She goes to the bathroom and Kimberly follows her. Kimberly grabs her wrist and this is beginning to feel a bit 50 Shades of Dark Academia. She stabs her skin with a needle and Kimberly tells her to go back to class as though nothing happens. You're supposed to provide aftercare for your sub!

Back to class and the three girls pass Erimentha rude notes. She goes to the library. Ella is crying and the librarian asks Erimentha to have a talk with her, because that's an appropriate task to give to another child.

Ella is being bullied. Erimentha encourages her to tell a teacher. Ella knows Erimentha is being bullied, but Erimentha sweeps any of that talk under the carpet.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47

n8459

Chatty Member
One of the responses to the person asking Ruby to reconsider her working class morning routine are saying "what makes you think Ruby is rich?"

I don't like to assume, but maybe the fact that she became a landlord at 18, receives thousands of pounds worth of presents at Christmas and lives in a mansion in the countryside seems to suggest that to me though

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Griftwood

VIP Member
Ahhaha, big hilarious fight in the comments of her latest insta post, someone asked her to reconsider the working-class morning routine because it runs the risk of coming across as tone-deaf. Her fans just PILED on the poor commenter and Ruby replied by pm.

I want her to do it, the more tone-deaf the better tbh. That way, maybe some of her fangirls’ eyes are opened to her extreme privilege, and the rest of us get to laugh.

highlight from the thread: someone said ”how do you know she’s rich, and wouldn’t it be her parents anyway? She gets money from youtube!” - yes, because that’s precisely how the world works. She got to this point purely on her own merit, her parents had nothing to do with getting her her first camera, paying her way through private school, ensuring she didn’t have to work and could thus have endless leisure to devote to youtube... etc etc. Bootstraps! Rags to riches!

• Haha
I never watched her old videos so I just watched the 'study like Hermione' one. She literally says 'if you don't understand something, don't ask a teacher, figure it out yourself. Even if this takes an extra hour, it's more like what Hermione would do'. IS IT???? WHY would you waste an hour of your life when you could get the answer in 5 minutes? I know she was young when she made this video but Jesus christ I hope no one took that advice. I seriously doubt there are many teachers out there who would rather you struggle for hours instead of just asking for help. It's not impressive, it doesn't make you look smart. Ruby truly needs to take note of the saying 'don't work hard, work smart'. Her time management skills are awful.

• Wow
  • Haha

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
So I've read 14 books this January if I'm going to count the 10 poems I read.
God, her number obsession is pathetic.
How long does a Reddit post have to be to make it into the count? I feel like I could reach 50 books if I added those too.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
She has it listed under "publications" on her LinkedIn 😬
This is the cringiest thing I've ever heard in my life. The publications section is usually used by academics for published papers and books etc. I guess a cringy self-insert fanfic is basically the same thing.
Can you imagine if a potential employer decided to look into that and found out what this is about? Oh my god.

I swear to God when Ruby finally gets the common sense and self-awareness a 20-year-old should have she's gonna have to change her identity and move to New Zealand to escape her cringy past

• Haha

Welshgal

VIP Member
In short: she‘s showing her true colors more with each week. She‘s clearly not as innocent and/or naive as she wants us to think

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I swear she never uses the stuff Martha gives her. Like I'd be so offended lol
And it's sad because it seems Martha gives her very thoughtful gifts. Like she gave her a lamp because Ruby always studies by candlelight and Martha rightfully thought she needed one, and then Ruby proceeded to give it back because "she already has a lamp". Sister of the year.
Like, having two lamps is an option? Or maybe you could give away the old random lamp you bought at Ikea or whatever instead of the new one your sister bought for you? For all her talks of kindness and gratitude it kinda seems like Ruby doesn't appreciate Martha much.

• Heart

buflesse

Chatty Member
She's so arrogant even when she's disappointed in herself. 'I understood this material inside out.' The whole thing about 'taking a chance' and basically not doing what was asked of her. I think she thinks it makes herself look good that she's somehow working on a level above everyone else and doesn't follow the instructions.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

figgypud

Chatty Member
I'm only just watching Ruby's reading wrap up for January and...well, there's a list:

• she uses "disjunct" as a noun which is so, so jarring to my ears. Things are either disjunct, or there is a disjunction between them, but Ruby says that the book is about "the disjunct" between something
  • she says On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous is a memoir but it's a novel, memoir is used for non-fiction
  • she says the end of Jane Eyre doesn't "sit quite right" and I assume that's because of the marriage at the end. Personally I didn't find the ending incongruous with the rest of the novel at all, and Ruby also suggests maybe Charlotte Bronte ended the novel that way because "she thought it wouldn't get published if she didn't write a moral ending" but Wuthering Heights was published the same year and there is so much explicit immorality and amorality in that novel that it just doesn't really make sense for Ruby to suggest that. For a self-framed Victorian nut Ruby seems to have quite an inflexible idea of what they were like
  • why did she announce halfway through she was going for lunch? Why not just...go and then come back and carry on with the reviews?
  • on a positive note, her friend Blakeney's book looks so cute! The art is beautiful and that children's book is such an accomplishment, especially when compared to Erimentha 💩 AND all of the profits are going to Feeding Britain - take note about how to actually help and donate to charities, Ruby
  • "precent" 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Stormweald

Like in this post from August 2020. Definitely not my style, but at least it is something that I would see some of my friends (17-21) wear. Unlike the toddler outfits we've seen the last couple of months...
Screenshot_20210209-165705_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 40