Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ghostly_prince

Honestly don't think it would take much, Ruby seems like a very surface level thinker/researcher.
I agree.
What annoys me about Ruby is that she would never admit it if she doesn't know something/when she was wrong about something. Truly bright and intelligent people know when to sit back and say, "actually I'm not familiar with this area/topic/whatever so I cant add much."

She would never...cause remember she LoVeS AsTROpySicS...among everything else she's an expert in lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 29

newtoyou

VIP Member
I’d love to see Ruby do a video where she goes out of her comfort zone (just for a video, not because I think she needs to be like everyone else).

💫 I can imagine her in a club with her arms wide, staring at the lights, taking in the beauty, feeling the sticky floor beneath her feet as the scent of ethanol permeates her nostrils. 💫

• Haha
Reactions: 28

bublifuk

It's funny to me that she (almost) figured out how to say Arendt correctly but didn't bother looking up how to pronounce Eichmann when the book revolves around him (no shade tho, obviously I mispronounce English words, too).

I watch a fair amount of booktubers and I have never seen one of them count childrens' picture books and 10 page essays as whole books... Obviously she can talk about them in the wrap-up, but that video title is just another proof of how her productivity is mostly performative. My Goodreads would be so fire if I included academic articles and the Peppa Pig books I read to the three-year old I babysit lmao

• Haha
I'm not surprised she's got it, given that the uni has paid her to do ads for them before...
Literally if I was a student at Exeter I'd be putting in a complaint, I don't care how petty that sounds but it says a lot about the state of the education sector when universities are paying their students to do ads for them 🤢

• Heart

Spiter

Nope, that's their kitchen! You can see the fridge on the right and the table is just out of shot.
Damn, then back to my earlier point - who keeps a piano in their kitchen? Especially someone with a house as huge as hers?Ngl her house looks like a bad attempt at furnishing a sims house with as many items as possible

• Haha

Magallanes

Has anyone pointed out that Ruby was originally trying to study English at Oxford which is exactly what Emma Watson did?

I also believe in some of her early videos she had a Kit Kittredge American Girl Doll which is the 1930s doll which appears to be the era she has based her current fashion choices on?

I don't think she knows who she is. She comes across as a surface-level amalgamation of the people and characters she likes despite the fact that they are no longer age appropriate.
actually, i realised that ruby followed the same path as jk rowling, trying to be admitted into oxford but then got rejected and got into exeter
maybe she thinks this is a magic formula to become a well-known author?

• Haha

3calico3

VIP Member
Erimentha arrives for PE before her peers as she now wishes to demonstrate her physical superiority. She hears her classmates talk about 'meaningless' things such as TV shows and weekend plans.

They start playing tennis and her serve is perfect, because of course it is.

There's a bit of back and forth between her and the others.

Suddenly, everything goes white

-------

No, she's not dead, it would be God meeting her at the gate anyway, not some amateur like St. Peter.

She's concussed and the school nurse is there.

Kimberly hit her with the tennis ball. Her mum is on her way to take her to hospital.

--------

She's in A&E and having a wonderful time observing the sick people around her. She guesses a man has a broken arm by looking at his ulna bone and notes how much pain he is in. You stay away from him, Erimentha Shipman!

Her mum bought some things to the hospital - not packed by her, because in this novel, she is mentally regressing at an alarming rate, she wouldn't be able to pick the right stuff - Erimentha had already procured an Emergency Hospital Supplies Kit. This is not a joke.

The doctor marvels at Erminetha, telling her she's the most medically-informed child she has ever met, because that's what most NHS doctors have time to do. Ruby needs to read House of God and understand the meaning of the word GOMER

Erimentha passes the broken-arm man on the way out, offering her condolences and hoping he recovers quickly and painlessly. Never, ever, let this girl near you with a syringe.
The novel is literally a string of situations in which Erimentha can show off and demonstrate how she's the best person present. Tells you a lot about how a certain person requires praise and adoration wherever she goes.

treasuredintention

omg I don't remember who called it but she did sleep in their random extra bedroom rather than her own (or is it Martha's?)
she used a pair of socks with a hole to make a point that she is POOR
predicted mop scene, check

Just joking ofc, but I found otherwise the facts where more neutral than her previous one? what do I know I'm no history expert, surely would trust one more than Ruby but if that's the most controversial post she has I'm fine with it (compared to lying about travelling during a pandemic cough cough)

• Sick
Reactions: 27

opal73

VIP Member
It’s her excessive use of the word, ‘productive’ that mainly drives me mad, like who does she need to prove she’s being productive to?
I think she said it was like, in the first couple years of elementary school she was a little naughty. So nothing serious.
She did a storytime a while back where she mentioned getting in a slight bit of trouble when she was a 3 year old in nursery, made it out like she'd murdered someone

• Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
What? When did this happen? Must have missed it.
There was a recent video where someone in one of her seminars discussed the same points as she’d written about in one of her essay plans(?) and it very clearly rattled her, to the point where I think she ended up asking for a meeting with her tutor to explain that she’d had that idea already and had planned work around it.

• Haha
  • Wow

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Omg I am howling w laughter - have always had a running joke w my pal that before ruby films she’s moving her 20 deck of Marlboro out of shot
Someone on GG said that they think as soon as Ruby finishes filming a video she starts blasting trap music and snorting coke off of her planner while twerking lmao

• Haha
  • Heart

peanutbuttervibes

i always think i’m so cool with people having their own style and making different fashion choices until i am faced with ruby’s outfits

• Haha
  • Angry

ECH

VIP Member
She's so arrogant even when she's disappointed in herself. 'I understood this material inside out.' The whole thing about 'taking a chance' and basically not doing what was asked of her. I think she thinks it makes herself look good that she's somehow working on a level above everyone else and doesn't follow the instructions.
I think she thinks she's understanding the question on a deeper level or something but she's just being wrong.

• Haha

Griftwood

VIP Member
I think the ”boo hoo” and ”do you need a safe space” comments are just plain mean and bullying. Well said @CatCafe234 about “be kind” meaning “be kind to everyone”. Ruby needs to put her foot down and let her little minions know there’s no reason to bitch out a commenter who clearly meant well.

She’s not going to do it, of course. She isn’t even going to delete the comments.

Not being funny but hearing Ruby bang on about the working class for 30-odd minutes is not my idea of a good time. I can't help but feel like the sole purpose of this video is so that Ruby can establish some kind of authority over the discussions of these texts, proving the extent of her knowledge before her young and impressionable viewers so that they can praise her and label her a genius. It's like being part of a book club where only one person is allowed to monologue for half an hour and everyone else has to listen and nod their heads.

Griftwood

VIP Member
This is stupid and a little ot, but I feel the need to share as you guys are the only ones who could possibly understand 😂 I had a dream last night where one of the things that happened was Ruby borrowing my somewhat-new iPad. When she was finished, she carelessly tossed it on a nearby bed and it slid to the floor. It was unharmed, but I was furious with her and yelled at her, ”I GUESS IT’S FINE FOR YOU TO DESTROY MY STUFF, YOU NEVER PAID FOR ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE!!!” Then I literally woke up from the sheer rage I was feeling 😂 Poor Ruby, I’m a little stressed irl with work, but I guess my subconscious knew just which strings to pull 😂

• Haha

kingdomhearts

It’s annoying that they read here, to the point that people feel like they need to censor themselves, this is the only place for us to discuss YouTubers we watch, it’s not like we’re discussing her in her YouTube or Instagram comments. Weird that she’d change her hairstyle because of discussions here but still won’t address the government ad or backtrack on her stupid “reinvestment” in “underfunded” schools. Just donate the ad money, Ruby! Idgaf if your hair is now in a bun.

• Heart
Reactions: 26