Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Woah she got 85 on her coursework essay! Isn’t that publishable by uni standards?
People throw this phrase around a lot. As an academic, there is a difference between something being of publishable quality and ACTUALLY getting it published. There are so many hoops to jump through.

Reactions: 38

n8459

Chatty Member
My favourite part of the Victorian maid morning routine was when she mopped the floor with a bright red, plastic bucket and modern mop

• Haha
Reactions: 38

VeryFerociousDrama

Just been having a nosy at Claire's blog, apparently when she was six years old Marfa had her skipping rope confiscated by airport security and began to cry. Luckily Ruby, ever the hero of the tale (who I guess would have been nine at this point?) somehow got them to give the rope back by asking politely. According to this blog airport staff often wish that more passengers behaved like Ruby at security as she volunteers to be patted down or something? And then one time she just randomly sat down on the plane next to some random elderly Australian couple and talked to them for the whole flight...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Can we please talk about her wall with the collage of children's pictures? Does anyone else find it weird/concerning that she has a clear obsession with prepubescent children and young teens? I mentioned this before, but in her 10,000 words in a day video, she had this picture of a young Mackenzie Foy just sitting on her desk. Idk, as an adult, I wouldn't put pictures of children who I am not related to on my wall. I also mentioned this in another post, but this would be a huge red flag if an adult man were to have this for "aesthetic" purposes. Something about it rubs me the wrong way
I think Ruby has an unhealthy obsession with childhood but I don’t believe in the slightest that there’s anything sinister about it. Ruby doesn’t want to grow up - she wants to be a child, not anything else.

Sims fanfic? 😍😂 I didn’t know such thing even existed! Don’t feel bad about - it can’t be worse than Ruby’s fanfiction of herself
I mean personally my teenage self thought they were brilliant, might have to self publish them.

Watch this space for 'Bella Goths to do list', coming Summer 2021

For some reason I always read forum threads starting from the most recent message and go backwards, so imagine my shock seeing several messages talking about ketamine usage before seeing messages saying it's Martha. I thought we had accessed some Ruby Granger After Dark material.
Looool ffs. Ruby's next morning routine: So I woke up and decided to have some green tea. And then I decided to snort a shit ton of coke off my desk 🤩

• Haha

Warona

Well, 19... books? Let's see:

- Non Fiction (1) Hannah Arendt (how cautious with pronouncing a-r-e-n-d-t hehe); (2) The Holocaust in American Life (I highly doubt she finished it, but :rolleyes:)
- Book Club: On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous
- Classics: (1) Mrs.Seacole; (2) Mary Barton; (3) Jane Eyre (reread); (4) Aurora Leigh; (5) The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (reread); (6) Sense and Sensibility
- Poems: (1) The Cry of the Children (2-3 pages :rolleyes:)
- Short stories: (1) The Mask of the Red Death; (2) Hop-Frog
- Essays: (1) The Painter of Modern Life (12 pages...)
- Children's Book: (1) Blakeney's book; (2) Miss Peregrine's; (3) The invention of Hugo Cabret; (3) Summer's Dream; (4) The Secret Garden; (5) Polar The Titanic Bear (I suspect this is a reread, she showed it in last year's bookshelf tour when she talked about her fav children's books :rolleyes::
1612616602945.png
);

So, in reality: New books: 7 / Reread books: 2-3 / Poem: 1 / Short Stories: 2 / Essay: 1 / Children's Books: 5
Make your own conclusions...

• Heart
Reactions: 36

n8459

Chatty Member
The state of their home is also a sign of privilege. If Ruby was working class and lived in a council home people would constantly comment on how untidy her home was, but the second you’re upper class you get a free pass

I think she should have stuck with theology/philosophy, it suited her better. Those kind of subjects require quite deep and critical thinking. She seemed more mature when she was on that course. Not that there's anything wrong with studying English, but it's like she likes the 'aesthetic' of it rather than it actually being a passion. In fact, this is how she seems to think of everything - like literally everything is done for aesthetic purposes rather than personal enjoyment or happiness. It's kind of sad tbh.

• Heart
Twirling around the garden again... I live on a rough council estate in Manchester and if someone witnessed me twirling around the street I’d get stabbed. Never mind if I got about wearing a boater hat. 🤣
Also the fake look of wonder... well done Ruby it's your lawn, however are you going to contain your excitement!

One of these days I expect her to twirl around and the upward lift from her giant collar take her off into the sky, leaving a little trail of dust and dry vegan cookie crumbs in her wake

• Haha
  • Heart
Do you not realise how ridiculous it is to build your career off somebody else's and then not give them any credit because they said it was dehumanising to refer to women as people who menstruate?
This is what half of the Harry Potter cast have done tbh 😂 I don't think Ruby needs to share her opinions on JK Rowling, tbh I find it a bit cringe when people demand that public figures discuss whatever the hot social issue of the week is. Talk about what you actually care about and believe in. It all feels a bit Facebook virtue signalling to me when you tubers suddenly start discussing social issues they've never mentioned before just because it's in the news. Like it reminds me of when I got called homophobic for not having a rainbow filter on my FB profile pic when I AM FUCKING GAY 😐😐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
30 seconds or so into the scullery maid routine and these are my initial thoughts..;
- Why is she wearing a collar with a jumper that DOESN’T need a collar?
- Reference to the video not wanting to be seen as “romanticising” the hard work the maids did. Been reading here Roobee, huh?
- Overall smug attitude and smile/laughing when talking about the hard work they did. Because we all know deep down she thinks she would be above that if she lived in this time period
- States it didn’t seem appropriate to do the upper class routine and not a maid one. No ROOBEE, you’re doing it because it’s an easy way to make a quick buck and doesn’t require a lot of effort. You can’t even run your own book club properly and instead have admins to run it properly.
- HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE AN EDUCATIONAL VIDEO ABOUT WHAT YOU’RE DOING WITH THE AD MONEY FROM HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY?! (I still can’t let this go...)

• Heart

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
Not to be a dick but if one of Ruby's biggest failures in life is not getting into Oxford, it shows how incredibly sheltered she is.

I'm not an expert in English language by any means but her work is very subpar. In the book, it's not something I'd expect from someone claims to be so academically gifted. I know her target audience is for younger for story but I don't know... Call me an arsehole but I was expecting a lot more.

I feel like Ruby has had her ego rubbed up a lot throughout her life. I think she would have been for an incredibly rude awakening at Oxford, jeez.

Just to add, I wonder if her regressing into her younger self is her realising that she's a small fish in a big pond? Lecturers don't have time for know-it-all and people who want to do extra work. (for seemingly no reason in her case) I'm not saying don't do well, but she's probably used to getting praise from teachers constantly and now gets honest and sound feedback/critiques. I don't think she can handle that. You don't get a star and constant adoration, and praise at university.

I'm not saying she's a moron, she's clearly bright but I think her teachers and parents have made her think she's better than she actually is, if you see what I mean.

• Heart

berkeleymoon87

To be fair, I think that Ruby is actually making an attempt to be more aware of why she posts the things she does. I'm comparing her to Jade in this case, who constantly gloats about self-growth when in reality, she hates being criticized and will just ignore anything that doesn't fit her beliefs. Meanwhile, it seems that Ruby is at least reading people's comments and making some changes? I know they're not major, but it gives me some hope that she's trying.

Reactions: 34

Lola123

VIP Member
Sure Ruby :ROFLMAO:
I think it's like 1735481415th time some random person passed on the street praises Erimentha how amazing she is. Oh god what a cringe.

Her Emma lookbook 🤦🏼‍♀️

First of all, couldn’t you remove these pictures or at least refilm that part
View attachment 423694

Also, I thought the point of using a strainer is to brew tea through it without having bits of tea floating rather than just for the aesthetics of pouring water through it without any tea it it?
View attachment 423696
I can’t get past how dirty her nail is!!!

• Sick

et5

Ruby somehow manages to dress like a toddler and a granny at the same time. Don't know how she manages it.

• Haha
  • Heart

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Just been having a nosy at Claire's blog, apparently when she was six years old Marfa had her skipping rope confiscated by airport security and began to cry. Luckily Ruby, ever the hero of the tale (who I guess would have been nine at this point?) somehow got them to give the rope back by asking politely. According to this blog airport staff often wish that more passengers behaved like Ruby at security as she volunteers to be patted down or something? And then one time she just randomly sat down on the plane next to some random elderly Australian couple and talked to them for the whole flight...
I bet the elderly Australian couple was thrilled to have a chatty British know it all as their travel buddy for a 20+ hour flight. Especially if Erimentha is based on how Ruby behaved as a child lmao I can just picture them wishing for the plane to crash as Ruby goes on and on about the fauna and flora of Australia

• Haha