Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have subscribed to a fashion newsletter and they advertised this homewear and tell me, why can I see Roobee wearing this?
View attachment 430540
That looks like the type of thing I’d wear when I wasn’t planning to leave my flat, and was spending a day with my book and a bag of Percy Pigs

However, I can see Ruby pairing it with white tights and a boater, and frolicking in a field with it on

• Haha
Reactions: 19
That looks like the type of thing I’d wear when I wasn’t planning to leave my flat, and was spending a day with my book and a bag of Percy Pigs

However, I can see Ruby pairing it with white tights and a boater, and frolicking in a field with it on
Yeah that looks pretty comfortable as pajamas but I think I'd rather go nude than wear that in public lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Usual disclaimer applies, I would warn readers however that this chapter contains some Golden Child/Black Sheep dynamic at play, it might be triggering to those who have grown up with it.

Erimentha decides to stay home for the day after the PE incident, and they walk Nathan to school. He's not shoved into oncoming traffic but they race to the end of the road, he wins. She patronisingly pats him on the back, allowing this little victory, but soon asserts her authority as the dominant child.

"Did you know..."
He cuts her off. "No more facts!"
Mum, with a few working synapses left, tells him off for 'being mean'. "We love Erimentha's little factoids."

This is all very uncomfortable. It's the reason Nathan will one day change his name to Lewis and lie to his girlfriend that his parents are dead.

Erimentha talks about how her parents met at university during exam season, which is completely irrelevant and Erimentha is very critical of the idea of love (her emphasis). Nathan also finds it cringe, because he's a stereotypical eight year old (yes reader, sadly he is also regressing, by age - although this might be better for him, one day he'll be a random sperm living in blissful ignorance)

Erimentha notes that given her height, she could pass for Year 5 in her old school.

She sees her former teacher - who forgets her duty of care to a classroom of children and chats with Erimentha, and she's convinced something is wrong. She notes that her teacher seems like a maternal figure due to her oversized glasses and wrinkles. Ouch #bekind, Erimentha Wintour! The teacher encourages her to tell her parents or the teachers at the school, but Erimentha seems to think being bullied = weakness.
Oof, another Ruby malapropism. I don't know what she was doing in her re-edit. Factoid actually means "an item of unreliable information that is reported and repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact". Or possibly Erimentha's mum is subtly shading her?

Also thanks to everyone who replied about Clare's blog! I have always got the impression that despite her family and her sister being wildly different, they seem quite close and loving. Clare does give me the impression of some middle class woman who was an absolute wild child back in the day, living in a squat as an "artist" as an act of rebellion and then by 25 became a very mumsy, Lib Dem type who lives in the countryside. I can see her living this again through Martha a bit haha.

I have subscribed to a fashion newsletter and they advertised this homewear and tell me, why can I see Roobee wearing this?
View attachment 430540
I always see things like this advertised as nightwear and think they look great until I remember that I often have to go pee around 3am and would probably just end up wetting myself if I had to get out of this half-asleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm still very confused as to why Ruby seemingly hates/distrusts everything to do with love/romance/sex? I don't like to speculate too much but it seems a little unusual for someone her age - I was skeptical of romantic fiction when I was younger but I still recognised the appeal and wouldn't judge something for having a romantic element (unless it was just slapped in there at the end ... and was straight. gay in denial vibes x)

Reactions: 15

Off topic but I love the idea of you spending the day with your book and a bag of Percy Pigs. Has made me want to go to M&S to buy some!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
she didn't volunteer to get patted down, it says that she's well prepared before security so the process goes smoothly ie. she has her liquids packed before leaving the house and takes her shoes/belt/etc off before being asked.

edit: this is the blog post where both of these (seperate) incidents are described
really pushing the boat out there ruby...

Reactions: 1
Off topic but I love the idea of you spending the day with your book and a bag of Percy Pigs. Has made me want to go to M&S to buy some!
I’m having an unexpected snow day so I’ve actually been reading The Shining and my comment made me go to the kitchen and get some Percy Pigs 🤣 #ad

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
anyway, i was having another scroll through her mum's blog out found this entry. i guess we now know why the house is so dirty!
Her blog is...interesting? To say the least. I think the whole family (aside from her banker dad we rarely get a glimpse of) seems to be in their own little orbits. Anyway, I'm surprised they don't use a cleaning service if they're too lazy to do it considering they could easily afford it probably.

Reactions: 18
Right? she's praising herself and Ruby for doing the bare minimum!!
and she gently mocks Marfa and her husband, when in reality they are slobs and imo disrespect airport staff (if you know what the instructions are -because you're an upper class family that travels often- make an effort not to make people's lives more difficult?)
Unfortunately it stayed, that's why Ruby believes she's the best and expects praise for doing the bare minimum when it comes to her videos and overall content.

Reactions: 5
anyway, i was having another scroll through her mum's blog out found this entry. i guess we now know why the house is so dirty!
Could understand this if she had ADHD and genuinely just 'forgot' to do things, but this seems like laziness 😬 why put off simple things that really brighten up the way your house looks? If I had a beautiful old house like theirs I'd want to make sure it was properly maintained tbf

Reactions: 7
All this talk of Percy Pigs is making me so depressed. I visited the UK in 2019 for a week and ate about 3 bags of them but they're not available here in Australia nor are prawn cocktail chips. 😭

Also I know this isn't a Clare thread but her blog is just endless posts of nothing. Absolutely nothing of substance.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Fully hoping Ruby gets one with her

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Fully hoping Ruby gets one with her
tbh i find that from these blog posts. her mother seems very accepting.
what stuck out to me is when she said "if she ever gives birth". idk why but i feel like a lot of parents, especially mothers now a days assume you will give birth one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thread name suggestion: Ruby Granger #6: The Shabbiest Little Scullery Maid.

I can kind of relate to Clare in that I hate cleaning. In fact, I’m legit allergic to it... by which I mean I have a dust allergy, and whenever I clean, I end up with a horrible cough and sometimes a fever. Possibly because I don’t clean often enough. However! I just cleaned the whole place last week because I had a guy coming over to fix my heating, Konmari got most of my worldly goods a couple years ago, and it would still take quite a bit of cleaning and decorating for me to be able to film a video here. As pointed out earlier in the thread, it really takes a special kind of middle class arrogance/blissful unawareness of one’s privilege to be able to show the grime and general untidiness on camera.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't think I've seen the post where Ruby's mum speaks about using their odd socks instead of toilet paper when they've run out, so here, read it if you dare!

Odd Socks

Also interestingly enough she acknowledges that she frequently puts off housework and that their home can be a little messy (also I loved the reference to Martha's room!)

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.