Ruby Granger #5 Counting Her Ad Money With Closed, Grateful Eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhaha, big hilarious fight in the comments of her latest insta post, someone asked her to reconsider the working-class morning routine because it runs the risk of coming across as tone-deaf. Her fans just PILED on the poor commenter and Ruby replied by pm.

I want her to do it, the more tone-deaf the better tbh. That way, maybe some of her fangirls’ eyes are opened to her extreme privilege, and the rest of us get to laugh.

highlight from the thread: someone said ”how do you know she’s rich, and wouldn’t it be her parents anyway? She gets money from youtube!” - yes, because that’s precisely how the world works. She got to this point purely on her own merit, her parents had nothing to do with getting her her first camera, paying her way through private school, ensuring she didn’t have to work and could thus have endless leisure to devote to youtube... etc etc. Bootstraps! Rags to riches!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Ahhaha, big hilarious fight in the comments of her latest insta post, someone asked her to reconsider the working-class morning routine because it runs the risk of coming across as tone-deaf. Her fans just PILED on the poor commenter and Ruby replied by pm.

I want her to do it, the more tone-deaf the better tbh. That way, maybe some of her fangirls’ eyes are opened to her extreme privilege, and the rest of us get to laugh.

highlight from the thread: someone said ”how do you know she’s rich, and wouldn’t it be her parents anyway? She gets money from youtube!” - yes, because that’s precisely how the world works. She got to this point purely on her own merit, her parents had nothing to do with getting her her first camera, paying her way through private school, ensuring she didn’t have to work and could thus have endless leisure to devote to youtube... etc etc. Bootstraps! Rags to riches!
oh God, those fans must be 12 year olds 🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
hi all i'm new here 👋🏼
i watch ruby sometimes but haven't been keeping up with the threads, however now that i've discovered the genius book reviews i'll have to stay 😍
just wanted to say i'm completely shocked by the fact that she has a sister and by how different they are!! has anyone seen her 2 instas?

Reactions: 5

And even the money she does get from Youtube, imo, is too much for what she does lol

Reactions: 7

Yeah I saw that wtf, they really went hard on that girl for like no reason! All she said was it’d be tone deaf to parade round pretending to be a poor girl and she got absolutely roasted by the 12 year old fans smh

Reactions: 7
Some of her fans are worrying 😬
We criticise these influencers but honest to God, it’s no wonder they’re all bordering on narcissism. Imagine getting hundreds of comments telling you how wonderful, inspiring and clever you are. How you have so much talent for acting that it‘s something you should definitely, definitely do. It’s so weird.

Reactions: 26
Just read that wild argument on the comments and it’s worrying to see Ruby completely ignore it. She’s seen the comments if she’s replied to the girl but tbh it’s her responsibility to tell those rude af 12 year olds to be nice, also she can delete comments. Now I hate influencers deleting comments but some of those attacking comments are just uncalled for and keeping them up shows Ruby agrees with them in a way

Reactions: 20
I don't have an Instagram, is it actually that bad?
Ruby should be more mature than her 12 year old fans tbh like they are kids but she should know better

Reactions: 2
Just read that wild argument on the comments and it’s worrying to see Ruby completely ignore it. She’s seen the comments if she’s replied to the girl but tbh it’s her responsibility to tell those rude af 12 year olds to be nice, also she can delete comments. Now I hate influencers deleting comments but some of those attacking comments are just uncalled for and keeping them up shows Ruby agrees with them in a way
Exactly. ‘Be kind’ doesn’t just mean ‘be kind to me’. If you have a platform, you also have a responsibility to encourage decent behaviour on there too. Especially if you advertise your platform as being anti-bullying.

Reactions: 30
i genuinely pity the commenter. they were made as the enemy despite the fact that they were asking nicely. honestly. ruby's fans are scary. and considering that they were following a person who advocates for kindness...they should know better.

Reactions: 16
I don't have an Instagram, is it actually that bad?
Ruby should be more mature than her 12 year old fans tbh like they are kids but she should know better
They’re not being overly rude, it’s more the fact theres like 20 of them accusing one girl of being over sensitive etc when all she’s said is pretending to be working class when you’re rich is a bit insensitive.
Idk I feel like it depends how she does this routine for me, if she makes it educational and sticks to facts, I don’t care. If she does all that cringe acting and tries to romanticize it, shes getting roasted.
I think this will be an interesting test of how emotionally intelligent Ruby is, she’s clearly seen that comment and also reads here so she knows how that type of video could be problematic. I’m curious as to whether she takes these views into account, or whether she just forges ahead and does something insensitive

Reactions: 19
I think the ”boo hoo” and ”do you need a safe space” comments are just plain mean and bullying. Well said @CatCafe234 about “be kind” meaning “be kind to everyone”. Ruby needs to put her foot down and let her little minions know there’s no reason to witch out a commenter who clearly meant well.

She’s not going to do it, of course. She isn’t even going to delete the comments.

Reactions: 27
Just a few of them and the original comment. Apologies if this uploads out of order
Thank you for the screenshots and yes it is embarrassing for Ruby that she's turning a blind eye to this. At least the original comment got some 50 likes so I guess some of Ruby's followers can actually think with their own head and are not blinded by adoration for Ruby.

Reactions: 17
Just a few of them and the original comment. Apologies if this uploads out of order
"Ruby is well known for enjoying learning about Victorian age" - how thick are her fans lol. Also I'd wish she actually learned anything about Victorian age rather than just portraying the romanticised version of that and not acknowledging the rest.

Reactions: 17
"Ruby is well known for enjoying learning about Victorian age" - how thick are her fans lol. Also I'd wish she actually learned anything about Victorian age rather than just portraying the romanticised version of that and not acknowledging the rest.
I wonder if she ever thinks about the fact that 90% of her fans are middle schoolers who don't know any better and how that makes her feel. I imagine she doesn't care as long as they watch her videos and beg their parents to buy her stationary.
I remember I read a comment one time by a girl who said she was going to make a Powerpoint presentation to convince her parents to buy her Ruby's planner lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I wonder if she ever thinks about the fact that 90% of her fans are middle schoolers who don't know any better and how that makes her feel. I imagine she doesn't care as long as they watch her videos and beg their parents to buy her stationary.
I remember I read a comment one time by a girl who said she was going to make a Powerpoint presentation to convince her parents to buy her Ruby's planner lmao
It's because she makes those kids feel they can't be productie/successful without her planners and master to-do lists. :(

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.