Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Griftwood

VIP Member
I guess she’s busy panicking over her diss, and it’s going to be a disappointment anyway, but I’m still going to ask - when are we getting a new video?

Also, is she ever going to actually talk about her dissertation topic? You’d think she’d be on fire for her topic and wanting to talk about it, like most grad students are who share their academic journey online. Blurring for semi-OT I attended a doctoral dissertation defense this week. It was in the field of ethnomusicology/musical composition, and the now-doctor had been doing field research on some very obscure indigenous music for twenty years. It was surprisingly emotional, because there was just so much passion and humanity and dedication involved, and they were clearly not doing it just to have an academic degree. Roobee doesn’t have even 5% of the spark I saw.

Reactions: 23

Tookster

Chatty Member
I, like Ruby, always dreamt of being a writer. However, then, unlike Ruby, I realised I’m not a writer, I just love the idea of writing a novel and accepted and did something else.

when (if?!) will she realise that having lovely, soft focus, sun hazed montage of images of writing, whilst sitting in old libraries, river side benches or skanky old, freezing cold bedrooms doesn't actually mean you’re a writer. You can’t just manifest creativity if you don’t have the natural skills.

Apologies if the above doesn’t make sense - I’m tanked up on gin and, most importantly, I’m not a good writer 😜

• Haha
I just started watching the latest video, but omg doesn't she have bigger problems on her mind than making a pouch and getting bird seed? Isn't she close to finishing her MA? She sounds like a protagonist of a child's book, with imaginary problems and completely divorced from reality.

Also, the pavement on their patio is overgrown with moss. It's sad to see that they do not take care of that nice house they have. Once the moss starts growing, so can some other grass, which can lead to crackling and destruction of the pavement. For a family that travels a couple of times a year and lives in such a nice house they can be so trashy...

I can't see her having a full-time job. Children possibly, but not a job. Even children would be a big maybe because she can't be a child herself if she has them.

space.cat

It's been that way since finishing Exeter. I personally suspect Blakeney is still bitter that Ruby practically abandoned her in that cottage during their final year for no good reason.
Idk about her but I would be very happy to be renting a place big enough for two people and be the only one using it for a full year because my runaway housemate paid their half before going away home.

yeya

Why is she wearing two cardigans 🤣🤣🤣🤣 she can’t possibly think this looks good. It’s so awful and frumpy. None of the colours are flattering for her skin tone either. And for the love of god this girl needs a haircut 😭😭 so sick of her low ponies, turd buns
IMG_5851.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick

Redrose97

Chatty Member
It seemed as if she was trying to do a bit of Wes Anderson in that video combined with Lewis Carroll's nonsense poetry. She seemed not like herself and almost rather manic in that video or as if something was no quite right. I am not sure if it was the blue porridge and carrot or having a bird tea party.

• Wow

Griftwood

VIP Member
New debut novel in the making? ”Stanhope Hall dripped with sweat” 😂 what an opening, future generations will look back in awe 🙃

IMG_2847.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
We are speculating now, what she is doing after her Masters: And there is an opportunity that she can do both:
Studying/ staying in academia AND living in her childhood bedroom: 😜a course via distance learning ...
In Japanese there is a term 箱入り娘 which means "pet daughter" or a daughter that led a sheltered life. No wild experiences, always close to her parents, well mannered, and polite. Such daughters usually stay around the house after finishing school to "help around the house" but in reality they are kept under their parents care and supervision. I see such a future for Ruby with her constant visits to her family home and her inability to live her life on her own.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I don't think it was her mother filming this stuff it was her mums sister. Another reason why I think it was her mums sister is that the voice was different to her mothers.
Could it be Martha? She's been doing more of Ruby's social media stuff.

ah, she's back with a sponsored video.

Edit:

wow this is uncomfortable...

sorry but the carrots/porridge combination is insane. People don't make blue porridge, Ruby, because they don't want to feel queasy. :sick:

Why are teacups 'sensitive'? Beacause their handles fall off? wwhhhhhhhat is she on about?

She's eating her porridge out of a tea cup with a wooden stirring spoon.

A person without a to do list is like a person without a rainhat?! errrrrrrr okay?!

She's talking far too much about birdseed.... and now she'd putting some in a cloth pouch....what?!

And she's put her food on the ground and is eating it under the treehouse. :eek:

And then squashes flowers in the middle the book she is currently reading...

Something is not right here.
I think it's what @noodlehead1 said about Alice in Wonderland. She's aiming for quirky but doesn't get the tone right, so it just comes across as weird. Someone else mentioned that the video was made on April Fools, which could also explain the strangeness.

Agree with your comment though. That treehouse picnic looked grim - so uncomfortable and muddy! Also couldn't bring myself to care about the BARDseed at any point during the video.

And whhyyy is she still having problems replying to a single email?

Ruby: ''Maybe I should make a pouch'' Maybe you should answer your email.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

curlysue123

i dont understand how ruby has 800k subs and gets so many sponsorships when her editing is still atrocious at least for the intro mute your clips if you're using loud music. In some parts it's the video audio, music and voice over all playing at once. And after all these years film a damn new outro or dont use one at all 😩

God help Ruby if she ever gets a full time job and has children. She has no idea what hard work and tiredness is.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
She's just terrified of growing up and always has been. She's just had another birthday and is another year older and her latest attempt at delaying adulthood is coming to an end, so she's moping and Googling another handful of quotes to frame her inability to let go of being TWALVE FORAVVER as some kind of grand intellectual exercise.

And I'm sure she picked the sleep quote because she thought it fit her 'up at the crack of dawn, always busy' fake persona - to sleep is a sin, for Ruby might miss out on the opportunity for productivity! In reality she's inherently lazy and just won't stop yearning for the time when she was a big fish in a small pond and got endless praise from teachers for just memorising a couple of basic facts.

Sca

Having a deep-dive watch into roobee's old videos — I can't help but see the comparison between her god-awful bootleg hermione insipred fringe to that of pre-bonded fibreglass nail tips.
Screenshot_20240409_160832_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20240409_160924_Google.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
It baffles me how Ruby obviously has major mental health issues, was in the position to take a year off from anything and apparently didnt do much to work on her mental health. Then the next thing she does is do a degree at Oxford which is sure to be stressful and totally break her mental health again. It's so weird, she could easily afford to take the time off she needs and make sure she is in a good mental position to continue.
A friend of mine also had major mental health issues, but she took a year to have therapy and absolutly work on them, then started a part-time job that was not too demanding. She surely was overqualified for that job but she was up to it mental health wise. Now after two years working that job she is in such a stable position and actually looking for demanding jobs. Ofc you have to be in the right financial position to take you time like that, but Ruby clearly is. Why is she doing fuck all / regressing even more in her year off and then hurling herself at the next project guaranteed to break her. I just don't get it... I guess it's just easier to do whatever bs she is doing at the moment instead of actually putting the energy in and taking care of your problems..