Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. R'S INFLUENCER DEBATE CLIP IS ON OXFORD UNION'S YT!
---
"Inherent value of influencer culture".

Good Lord.
When we watch or listen to Ruby, aren't we all the chap on the top left? Rolling eyes, looking for an imminent death to take us out of our misery? I hope he's been taken care of.
And for all the good/bad examples she kindly listed, may I ask who her better counterpart is?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She probably was going 'um' so many times because she had to put on that fake Hermione accent for the camera :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Good God so much coughing and sneezing, so many "uhms".
Between Ruby's stupid waffling and the mic picking up EVERYTHING in the background this was unwatchable.
Also her little giggles at niche references ("as we all know...") make her so unlikeable and pretentious.

I had a training with a bunch of partners from a law firm and we were told not to over complicate things and that it actually makes us look less smart when we use thesaurus words rather than making our concepts clear to the 'layman'.

That said idk what's "ackspected" from Oxford students.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Good God so much coughing and sneezing, so many "uhms".
Between Ruby's stupid waffling and the mic picking up EVERYTHING in the background this was unwatchable.
Also her little giggles at niche references ("as we all know...") make her so unlikeable and pretentious.

I had a training with a bunch of partners from a law firm and we were told not to over complicate things and that it actually makes us look less smart when we use thesaurus words rather than making our concepts clear to the 'layman'.

That said idk what's "ackspected" from Oxford students.
The more I delve into that Uhmfest, the more I'm convinced that all the background noise is intentional and is intended as wtfisthatshit? Could you believe this twit?. Think Charles Ingram, think Pam and Jim chatting in Morse code to annoy Dwight.
I'm barely halfway in and I already RAGRAT my decision, but hey ho, I'm too far gone so I'm committed now.

Martyrdom personified. RIP anonymous stranger.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I accidentally watched Joshua Platt’s clip, who was after Rootabaga, and he acknowledged “hoards of people” had left after Ruby’s convincing argument attempt. Went down like a lead balloon, LOL

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Ruby is obviously awful in this but to be honest most of the other participants weren’t much better. Just shows it wasn’t much of any prestigious event as she tried to portray. Absolutely unwatchable.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Am I a bad person if I say I'm thoroughly enjoying Ruby making a fool of herself and getting dragged for it?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Omg the shade the Bronwen chick throws at Ruby saying I didn't watch Ruby, I watched Eve Bennett and Ruby's only second best 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I accidentally watched Joshua Platt’s clip, who was after Rootabaga, and he acknowledged “hoards of people” had left after Ruby’s convincing argument attempt. Went down like a lead balloon, LOL
This dude is so uninvited to Ruby's next brunch wafflefest sponsored coffee and tea. As we speak, RuBore is writing a strongly worded letter to anyone interested.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder if she has traction alopecia? I know she has long hair and that can put a lot of weight on her head if she is pulling it back tight.
She's only started to really grow her hair during her first year of university and she had been balding before then
---
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. R'S INFLUENCER DEBATE CLIP IS ON OXFORD UNION'S YT!
---
"Inherent value of influencer culture".

Good Lord.
the comments are brutal but not wrong

Reactions: 4
Good lord! She is a terrible debater. Did anyone count the um's through that speech? She looked completely out of her element (which is basically her bedroom or twirling in her backyard) and terrified. I've been to debates and speeches before and everyone seems very mature and bring forward interesting points, but I couldn't even follow the point she was making. Aren't you supposed to have it memorized? And the claw! She literally cannot speak without clawing her way through a conversation! I almost choked when she started bringing up tea and Victorian culture. Eugenia Cooney?? So, cat is out of the bag. She watches her, for certain. She is such a hypocrite since she knows her young audience will strive to buy things she advertises or books she pushes, tea she drinks, sponsorships, her overall dependent culture. The comments show everyone is seeing right through her.

Reactions: 12
A few points that haven't been raised yet I think:
- Her forced swallowing/gulping is painful :sick:
- For someone who's been a YouChewber for 10+ years (and assuming that's how she got "hired" for this debate), her "hot take" is...technology is democratizing because it's accessible. Ok.
- Every time she thinks she says something clever, she does a smug little smirk. And she thinks referencing stuff from the Modern era is going to bolster her argument...meanwhile the concept of "social media influencers" is 21st century.

Reactions: 20
0=9678756759 - Copy.png

"She doesn't pretend to be anything she is not and there's a rare innocence and kindness there..."

The irony of this being a sincere comment about Ruby in a debate about the negative influence of social media influencers, where part of her defence is "people are smart enough to decide for themselves if an influencer is lying or being fake".

This is her fanbase and they're just helping unravel her only flimsy argument. They're clearly not old enough or smart enough to see through her glaringly fake persona and content, even in a video where she absolves herself of any responsibility for the effects of her deceptive, dishonest, toxic content with the excuse that "other people do worse".

Reactions: 29
even in a video where she absolves herself of any responsibility for the effects of her deceptive, dishonest, toxic content with the excuse that "other people do worse"
You could commit the most appalling crime imaginable and still technically say that "other people do worse" because you didn't orchestrate a genocide. Honestly it just makes her sound like a kid on the playground complaining that "they started it".

Reactions: 25
"Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

can this be the next tread title please 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
By the way, Holocaust Remembrance Day has come and gone, has Ruby posted anything about it? Or has she finally moved on from her Holocaust historian/activist phase?
Remember when she pledged to work with schools to create Holocaust memorials? What happened to that?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.