Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By the way, Holocaust Remembrance Day has come and gone, has Ruby posted anything about it? Or has she finally moved on from her Holocaust historian/activist phase?
Remember when she pledged to work with schools to create Holocaust memorials? What happened to that?
She skipped it last year as well, so I guess she's finally realised that any mention of Holocaust Memorial Day would open the floodgates and invite people to start talking about the times she shamelessly profited from the Holocaust, then lied endlessly to avoid giving the money back.

Same with anti-bullying week - she lost all interest and stopped participating once she realised that she could no longer use it as an excuse to profit from annually making up stories of bullying without a big controversy kicking off in her comments.

Reactions: 18
When we watch or listen to Ruby, aren't we all the chap on the top left? Rolling eyes, looking for an imminent death to take us out of our misery? I hope he's been taken care of.
And for all the good/bad examples she kindly listed, may I ask who her better counterpart is?
He's my mood almost all day 😅
---
When we watch or listen to Ruby, aren't we all the chap on the top left? Rolling eyes, looking for an imminent death to take us out of our misery? I hope he's been taken care of.
And for all the good/bad examples she kindly listed, may I ask who her better counterpart is?
I mean, I see that and I think it's a 13 yo girl presenting her homework to few young teachers tbh... Mentally and physically.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Please could we work this into a thread title somehow? It's so brilliantly concise. 😂

About to watch the debate now. If I end up as StatusDeceased it'll be the fault of Ruby and the claw.
I was so smug about my RuBore that I have added Drag Race to it and it made me chuckle. Sorry not sorry 😬

As for her smirks everytime she thought she was being smart, I've had this image of Proud and Beaming Mummy Granger filming from the front row whilst Daddy Granger is fistpumping in the sky in the background.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I actually think she has potential to be a good debater, which is a controversial opinion in this thread lol. She's just very unpracticed and anxious. When she was talking about etymology in her speech, she sounded much more convincing and knowledgable, I just think the subject itself wasn't one she had much to add to. Nobody will be perfect at something first time, at least she tried. She could have dropped out and then everyone would claim she's not trying hard enough to break out her shell. I've got my criticisms but the she was whole debate wasn't anything incredible was it 😂

Reactions: 6
I actually think she has potential to be a good debater, which is a controversial opinion in this thread lol. She's just very unpracticed and anxious. When she was talking about etymology in her speech, she sounded much more convincing and knowledgable, I just think the subject itself wasn't one she had much to add to. Nobody will be perfect at something first time, at least she tried. She could have dropped out and then everyone would claim she's not trying hard enough to break out her shell. I've got my criticisms but the she was whole debate wasn't anything incredible was it 😂
She's spoken in public quite a few times, but those speeches haven't gone very well so she mostly keeps quiet about them. There was one panel discussion that was online, but there were audio issues so it was taken offline, and she did very badly. There was another occasion where she gave a speech over Zoom about productivity - we looked at her notes, which were massively off topic and mostly talked about how she's an influencer, and she pretty much cried in her vlog that day because it went so badly. She's spoken at her old school and no doubt there are other occasions. This was nowhere near her first time doing something like this. I don't know how much more practice we can be expected to suffer through 😂

Reactions: 22
I don't think she's quick witted enough to be good at debate- she needs a lot of preparation and even then, this is apparently the result

Reactions: 26
All this debate proves is how unprepared she was for it as she had no coherent argument to begin with as she didn't speak about the positive and negative impact influencers have had on people and she read from her iPad the whole time and on several occasions lost where she was reading from so had to take a massive pause to try and look for the spot in which she was reading from.

Reactions: 19
A good debate isn’t about simply presenting what you’ve prepared, it’s about responding to what has been said by the opposition. That’s where the skill lies. But skill, coherent words, and Ruby are not often seen in the same sentence.

Reactions: 24
- For someone who's been a YouChewber for 10+ years (and assuming that's how she got "hired" for this debate), her "hot take" is...technology is democratizing because it's accessible. Ok.
Such a privileged and naive view, technology is only democratizing if you have the financial means and are able to use it. She like studying, she should read about the digital divide.

Reactions: 22
A good debate isn’t about simply presenting what you’ve prepared, it’s about responding to what has been said by the opposition. That’s where the skill lies. But skill, coherent words, and Ruby are not often seen in the same sentence.
The other participants were like

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Personally don’t mind people reading from a script, I’ve been to plenty of academic conferences where it’s the norm. But the point is to practise it so that it doesn’t seem like you are 🥴 If it was a straight script she’d lose the ums. It screams unprepared. She seems to write chunks of incoherent notes, thinks she’s prepped, but she can’t pare them down to riff off. Safer doing a script tbh if that’s her approach. I know she sped up the clip of her recording herself doing her presentation but it’s so choppy as well. Why on earth doesn’t she record what she wants to say and learn it that way?

Reactions: 17
What led you to that conclusion? She literally just stood up there reading a poorly constructed GPTchat generation off her ipad. And still f**ked it up. That is not even remotely a debate.

Did she try? A Calculator can read a pre-written essay these days. And probably do a far better job of it.
---
Personally don’t mind people reading from a script, I’ve been to plenty of academic conferences where it’s the norm. But the point is to practise it so that it doesn’t seem like you are 🥴 If it was a straight script she’d lose the ums. It screams unprepared. She seems to write chunks of incoherent notes, thinks she’s prepped, but she can’t pare them down to riff off. Safer doing a script tbh if that’s her approach. I know she sped up the clip of her recording herself doing her presentation but it’s so choppy as well. Why on earth doesn’t she record what she wants to say and learn it that way?
Most people are reciting from a script at these things. But that's the thing, they're reciting. The point of a script is that you memorize and perform it. She didn't even try. The ums were because she was so unfamiliar with the content that when she looked up from the ipad she lost her place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I don't see how.
Even on a subject which directly touches her, something she should at least be able to speak about more easily, she seems totally clueless. And the fact she doesn't even try to not look like reading her screen? She's was into acting, planning, working before something. None of these are here, she's like any highschool student who opened a wikipedia page and read it.
She's not even able to properly do a presentation.

I literally put more effort into the five minute presentation I did for my last job interview than Ruby did for this debate, and the only people to ever hear mine were the three folks on the interview panel :oops:. I cannot fathom what posessed her to think she didn't need to practice this knowing how many people might potentially see it.

I literally put more effort into the five minute presentation I did for my last job interview than Ruby did for this debate, and the only people to ever hear mine were the three folks on the interview panel :oops:. I cannot fathom what posessed her to think she didn't need to practice this knowing how many people might potentially see it.
did you get the job? lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Presenting and debating are skills I consider some people naturally have, organically develop through a lot of experience over time or otherwise simply have to train to achieve. I´m by no means a perfect presenter or debater, but through my experience in student politics at uni I eventually became better at both and also lost most of the anxiety around it (of course I still get nervous, I think that´s natural no matter how experienced you are). Especially the latter helps me to keep my wit whilst presenting/debating and not just blank out completely if I should lose my train of thought in the midst of it. I am also a natural talker (rather extroverted when it comes to meeting new people, good at smalltalk, etc.) and like to talk about and discuss various topics with my partner and friends, so that helps as well.

I think Ruby is one of those people who really need to train and practice presenting/debating in order for a good outcome since they lack the natural talent and have not had enough experience to actually see results. Even though she´s been an influencer for a decade she seems to not be a naturally good talker so even if she had a good point about influencers to bring into the debate, it seems that she lacks the skills to bring her point across and to reply to other things said in the debate on the spot.

Reactions: 16
She's spoken in public quite a few times, but those speeches haven't gone very well so she mostly keeps quiet about them. There was one panel discussion that was online, but there were audio issues so it was taken offline, and she did very badly. There was another occasion where she gave a speech over Zoom about productivity - we looked at her notes, which were massively off topic and mostly talked about how she's an influencer, and she pretty much cried in her vlog that day because it went so badly. She's spoken at her old school and no doubt there are other occasions. This was nowhere near her first time doing something like this. I don't know how much more practice we can be expected to suffer through 😂
She also did that speech about the suffer-agettes.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.