Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Um... no? Why is carrying a drink cringe now šŸ˜‚
I personally donā€™t think itā€™s cringey at all in anyone else, but itā€™s the way she tries to make it part of her outfit and holds it up for the camera and makes sure itā€™s in full view. Itā€™s like sheā€™s trying to make the drink a personality trait. It reminds me of when underage kids are allowed an alcoholic drink and they get the drink (and the label) in every single photo so that everyone knows theyā€™re underage drinking.
---
As someone with hair loss I will refrain from commenting on her hairline however I wish sheā€™d learn to braid her hair properly or put it up in a bun wjrh pins. Her hair has the potential to be really lovely if she looked after it in more protective styles like French braids and buns
The thing is, I actually think her hair is pretty healthy. Weā€™ve seen the way she brushes it and itā€™s not snapped the way most peopleā€™s hair would be, so I think it must be in pretty good condition, but sheā€™s pulling it out at the root instead.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if she has traction alopecia? I know she has long hair and that can put a lot of weight on her head if she is pulling it back tight.
Given how she abuses her hair, from the washing to the harsh brushing, with hazardous styling in between, it wouldn't be surprising that she has inflicted this on herself.

Reactions: 11
Given how she abuses her hair, from the washing to the harsh brushing, with hazardous styling in between, it wouldn't be surprising that she has inflicted this on herself.
Same with poor nutrition, questionable hygiene, etc.

Reactions: 9
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. R'S INFLUENCER DEBATE CLIP IS ON OXFORD UNION'S YT!
---
"Inherent value of influencer culture".

Good Lord.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
the dress, the hair, the shoes, the jerky repetitive hand gesture... good lawd
Skimmed a lot and then gave up!!

I just kept telling her to spit it out and get on with it!!!

PAINFUL!!!

I was also surprised that it said Ms Ruby Grangerā€¦.surely she had to register her correct and legal name??

• Haha
Reactions: 20
so many ums and lip-smacking god, couldn't watch more than the first minute of it. Also, I get that one needs her notes but all she's doing is basically reading from it, you can hear it in her voice. I actually opened the video and got up to do some tidying while listening but then her tone was so obvious I came back to look, and yep she's reading from her ipad and already making the claws šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø This isn't a speech, she's not talking lol

Reactions: 17
I was also surprised that it said Ms Ruby Grangerā€¦.surely she had to register her correct and legal name??
The Union's not as official as it pretends to be. At the end of the day it's a lot of twenty year olds running it (I say this as a Member). Her using a 'stage name' so to speak isn't really as issue, plus that's all people know her by, so is far better from a publicity standpoint.

Reactions: 16
In a video that is 9 minutes and 40 seconds long she says um 34 times and uh 35 times.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Oh god, it's every bit as embarrassing as I'd imagined. It's so bad. She looks on the verge of a panic attack throughout and barely comes close to making a point, much less a well-reasoned, backed-up argument.

Her whole defence is: "People have free will, so it's not my fault if children follow my toxic examples and lose money, get hurt or die! I shouldn't have to be held responsible for anything! I just want money and to be able to lie about things, I don't care what happens to other people! I just get cash for influencing, it's their own fault if they get influenced! Besides, other people in the world do worse things so I should be allowed to do whatever I want without consequence!"

I love that she burns up a significant chunk of her allotted time saying, "Influencers have a very positive impact on people. I could list many examples, but I'm not going to - that wouldn't be a productive use of my time." Ruby, you're at a debate over whether influencers have a negative impact or not and you're arguing for the opposition, that's the only way you should be using your time!

It's a good job she has no plans to pursue a law degree. "Your honour, Oiy cyould provoide avvidence pryooving moiy cloient is VARRY MOCH INNOCENT, boht that wouldn't beee ayyy prodocktive yeese of moiy toiyme. Instead, please allow me tyeu recoite some onrelated acadammick quotes Oiy Gyeegolled."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Jesus Christ.

Surely, if you are going to participate in something like this you practice over and over again until your argument becomes almost muscle memory to recite. That way you spend less time reading verbatim from your ipad and, hopefully, don't punctuate UMMMM every fifth word like some sort of verbal period.

Only Ruby would attempt to rawdog something like this. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Reactions: 23
I thought she said once she had done some qualification in speaking/theatre? Did I make that up or did it happen?

Reactions: 3
I've never cringed harder in my life.

Also, chuckled at this video recommendation when I was watching her speech :LOL:

Screenshot (6).png

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ohhhh the sheer cringe šŸ˜‚ My favourite bit was towards the end where she full on went ā€you say influencers are bad, but wHaT aBoUt pOLiTiCiaNsā€ šŸ¤£ Sheā€™s too stupid for words, and horrible at public speaking. Um.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to watch it. I think the level of second hand embarrassment might end me šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Did she honestly mention Eugenia Cooney? I mean how low can she stoop
Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again, if thereā€™s one thing Roobee has, itā€™s the audacity. She probably thinks no one is going to pay any attention to her blatant ED baiting and body checking once theyā€™ve been made aware of the existence of EC. Itā€™s another version of ā€politicians are also trying to influence people and theyā€™re so much worse than little old meā€. Newsflash, Roobs, ā€Iā€™m not the worst one out thereā€ is not and has never been a valid argument to let anyone off the hook.

Reactions: 27
Good lord the comments aren't holding back, wonder if she's seen them. Posting some here in case they 'disappear' šŸ‘€
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.